Transformers Prime First Editions Officially Cancelled

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by General Tekno, Jan 26, 2012.

1. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    Hush up, neither of you are helping.

2. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Being disappointed is fine.

But some OTHER people are raging as if they have a god-given right to get these quote-unquote "toys" on the store shelves at retail cost. And failing being able to find the toys on stores shelves they should be able to go to online retailers and buy it for retail cost plus shipping. And failing to find the toys online, blame it on scalpers. And then carrying on to blame Hasbro.

Canada may be receiving the FE's by the truckloads but "truckloads" are not enough to support Canada AND the US. There are less than 100 TRU in Canada (around 70 by my count). Compared to 3,000 Walmarts, 1,800 Targets, & 900 TRU's in the US. It's questionable, but if Walmart and Target were not interested in FE's, they had a reason. If TRU in the US decided not the order more FE's past wave 1 deluxes, they had a reason. If Hasbro had to cancel the FE line such that they didn't even send them to BBTS, they had a reason.

Being disappointed is fine. Expressing your disappointment by temporary bouts of d-baggery is not. Shame indeed.

EDIT: @03Mach1, FYI, if you back and read a couple of pages there WERE some people who were ranting about not be able to get it at retail. I didn't make that up.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  3. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed

News Credits:
    You always speak the truth with such logic!

Thanks

4. LogicalLuke

LogicalLuke Banned

True but keep in mind the people shaming others or telling them they shouldn't complain usually have the figures already ftmp or access to them at a reasonable cost. I can't understand why anyone would think someone should be happy to( A). either not have the figure or ( B.) pay a significant amount more (2-3 voyagers or more depending) for it. We're all fans and collectors here, we all generally like to not spend more than we have to for relatively new figures we were told we'd be getting. I'd like to know why we aren't getting them myself. When your kids say "what were they thinking?" and "I hate these." in regards to RiD kinda makes you wonder.

5. tb-1599

tb-1599 Well-Known Member

there is a Seller on Flebay that has FE bulkhead for 69.00 plus 20.00 S&H from overseas. Which isnt to bad.

6. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, I finally bit the bullet and ordered a FE Prime off of Ebay. Going by prices on there my hopes of acquiring a Takara one are pretty much nonexistent now so I found a Hasbro one for $60 shipped from overseas. I would've preferred the TakTom one to go with the Bulkhead I have on preorder at BBTS but for now I'll hafta settle.

Ah well, at least I have a good Prime mold now.

7. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    12 days and counting. This has got to be a record.........

8. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Why is this news still going on.

9. Angelwave

News Credits:
    I keep asking the same question.

10. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    I would have thought people would have gotten over it.

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    You'd think the mods would lock it by now.

12. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    I would have thought everyone would have forgotten this thread.

13. Angelwave

News Credits:
    Me too. This must've really been traumatic.

14. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You kiddin'? This is a forum goldmine of entertainment. I can't blame anyone, the situation sucks, but the back-and-fourths are exquisite.

15. cheapdate

cheapdate Banned

this. a thousand times.

16. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    I've got both the FE and RID Optimus Prime molds and as I'm sure has been discussed, the FE mold is vastly superior. I'm glad I was ale to pick it up, but I do wish I had paid less ($68 shipped). I really hope Hasbro releases the FE figures under the RID line so everyone can get them.

17. BraveMax

BraveMax Used to speak Japanese

News Credits:
    Speaking as a fan living in Japan... The line's winding down here. Prime is impossible to find anywhere, and the other toys are slowly disappearing as well. Given the fact that these have sold out on Amazon Japan... Either TakaraTomy under-produced them, or Japanese scalpers and us fans have picked even the Japanese market clean.

So... If you don't have a Prime yet, make friends with someone who lives in the boonies in Japan, because the only place you're likely to find these is someplace other fans can't reach easily.

Bad timing all around... If we'd found out this line was canceled a few weeks earlier, Japanese copies would still be readily available at retail. Still like sixty bucks shipped to the states, but nowhere near the prices they're going for now...

18. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The price of children's toys is not a "perk," it's a fact of the market and the reason it exists. I can't afford to collect children's toys if they are instead priced like high-end collectibles. Oddly enough, neither can parents.

I have a few high-end collectibles that round out my children's toy collection. I can't afford to drop 50+ on a single entry in my Prime collection, the enthusiasm that lets me spend that fraction of my budget is going towards other areas of my collection and not a show that, let's be frank and all wishful thinking aside, might be not only a memory but a DISTANT one in 4 years.

On the other side of the coin, I'm so disappointed by the new Voyager Optimus (and bracing for disappointment with Bulkhead) that I'm not going to buy him either. I'd be spending $20 to look at my shelf and feel bummed.

I'm a drop in the ocean, yeah, but I will certainly feel free to express my discontent to BBTS (about the situation, not them) and on this forum (a well-known center of fan activity) in hopes that maybe when the TF marketing division tallies up the pros and cons of this FE stuff I'll be a tiny little atom of a data point in the con category. I am small, but if you don't speak up at all, you are nothing.

I feel like a lot of people here believe either that they are the center of the universe (with attendant brattiness), or that they are a complete non-entity who should feel only gratitude to Hasbro for coincidentally producing products that they want to purchase (with attendant defense of obvious nitwittery like the whole idea of having two product lines of the same show essentially compete with each other for space).

19. Canadatron1984

Canadatron1984 Well-Known Member

Those that have the First Edition Prime know they have the most realistic Prime. Either that of RID Prime.

20. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Maybe people should REALLY re-evaluate their hobby then. I used to do one-sixth scale modelling quite a bit, but the prices for figures nowadays has really priced me out. I can only afford a 1/6th guy every once in awhile, only one or two per year as opposed to the four or five a year I used to buy. I decided it just wasn't worth it any more and I got out. I **LOVE** 1/6th, but getting that Sideshow Cobra Viper was like a knife in the gut. The lesson I learned is that you have to really evaluate whether X is something you really, absolutely, positively want to have.

If price is an issue, then perhaps you shouldn't really worry about it? I can't tell you how many 1/6th figures I passed up, and let me tell you many of them are VERY limited, because I just have to come to terms with the fact that I'm just priced out of it right now. If you still want it, then at one point you have to just suck it up(Takara route or Ebay if you're really desperate) or make friends.

Or trade that Canada guy. He's a great troll so far and I love it.