Transformers Prime First Edition Voyagers

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by BIGGUY007, Feb 6, 2012.

1. BIGGUY007

BIGGUY007 Well-Known Member

I know I'll get 10000 Metric Tons of hell for saying this, but desperate times call for desperate measures, but here it goes!!

Dear world:

I'd give up a testicle for the opportunity to own the First Edition Voyager Class Optimus Prime & Voyager Class Bulkhead. I live in small town, USA and the Walmart & KMart in my town is SO F*cking SLOW!! I have NO Targets nor do I have any Toys' Я Uses where I live, so I ONLY have KMart & Walmart to go to for Transformers.

Here is an example, last year Generations Wheeljack & Generations Warpath came out in March & April respectfully, I was able to get my FIRST Wheeljack on December 23rd and I was able to get my FIRST Warpath on December 29th. When I heard about the First Edition Prime Line, I knew I wanted to get them sight unseen!! After doing some odd jobs to get the money to get them (I'm currently unemployed & would love to have a Transformers-Related Job), I eagerly awaited for them to be released!! I went to the 'Marts' (as I like to call them) every other day to see if they've been stocked, they weren't. I would do this again and again for what seemed like for WEEKS.

Then I heard that the ENTIRE First Edition Line was cancelled with a weak excuse of "Distribution Problems" I became disheartened cause I REALLY REALLY (and you can multiply that 'REALLY' a 100 Octillion times) wanted those figures!! I hope that someone out there with a kind heart would make this TF Fan extremely happy by fulfilling my dream.

Signed with fingers crossed;

BIGGUY007

P.S. I had to use my "Prime" Money to get a tank of gas for my car so I could continue using it to search for gainful employment.

I'm sorry for wasting your time with this formless drivel!!

2. Bumblebee3

Bumblebee3 Autobot

News Credits:
    Are you asking for someone to GIVE you a FE Optimus and Bulkhead???

WHOOP WHOOP 500th post YEAH!!!!!!

3. BIGGUY007

BIGGUY007 Well-Known Member

Short version: YES!! And I'll be forever grateful for it. Also Congrats on crossing the 500 Post Plateau!!

4. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    People should just think of them as the TakaraTomy toys that made it to Canada.

5. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    How so? The paint is different on every figure.

6. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    The point is that they're exclusive toys that everyone wants.

7. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll take you up on this offer.

... you ship first.

8. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    You know, this is the internet, you just might get a left nut in the mail. lol

9. Bumblebee3

Bumblebee3 Autobot

News Credits:
    Sorry but YOU just made my day LOL hahahahahahahaha

10. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    The artificial scarcity factor is making people act like these are better toys than they are.

The FE line may be better than the RiD, but that's not saying much. On their own, the FE toys seem pretty middle of the road Deluxes and Voyagers. Testicle offers is taking things way too far.

11. Bruticon

Bruticon The DVJ Veteran

News Credits:
    Sorry to read about your situation 007 I can feel your pain living in BFE as well with only 3 walmarts within 30mins of my house and that's in 3 different directions. However, instead of driving try calling ahead... You can usually get the DCIP from members of this board or searching the net to have the marts reference what you are looking for.

On another note I wonder if the post office will allow you to mail a Rocky Mountain Oyster to someone???

Edit: I wonder what Canadian Customs would think???

12. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This.

13. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Even without the rarity, FE Bulkhead is easily the best Voyager I've bought since Animated Shockwave.

14. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Guess I probably shouldn't have used my real addy in the original troll, but I wanted to add a touch of authenticity to it. Anything else wouldn't have been my style.

15. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    Agreed. I'm a testicular cancer survivor, and lost a testicle due to it. These kinds of things should not be said, it's going overboard a bit. (sigh) :( 

16. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Okay, Bulkhead I will give you. The transformation is pretty amazing. But FE Optimus is nothing like as special as everyone is acting. It's an okay representation of the show's character. The only things that make it seem more than mediocre are the facts that people not being able to get it this very instant make them feel like they NEED IT RIGHT NOW, and that the RiD Optimus turned out worse.

17. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    I had the same problem. But WORSE. It MOCKS ME.

I EVEN HAVE TOYS R US AND TARGET.

-initiate rant-
    -warning intended in that last sentence-
    MY WALMART CURRENTLY HAS literally ZERO Cybeverse of any kind, nothing but a few of the latest DOTM Voyagers and a few old DOTM Deluxes, one or two leaders, the Ark and that's it. I'd prefer not to go into detail about the OTHER things I collect, so I'll make them simple: No Real Steel, about a TON of fairly old Ben 10s.

My Target currently only has a bunch of the middle-wave Deluxes, a few old Voyagers and fewer of the newer ones, zero RID Deluxe, a few Legion Wave 1 of TFP, more of other DOTM Cyberverse, all Real Steels, and just incredibly old Ben 10s.

My Toys R Us currently has quite a few Prime Deluxes, a few DOTM Deluxes, I saw 2 Powerizer Primes last time I went there, no Cyberverse Prime, just DOTM, and a few old Real Steels, and only their exclusive Ben 10s.

Aaaaand... I don't go to K-Mart.

And another thing, I GO THROUGH THE TORTURE OF THE THOUSANDS OF IDIOTS WANDERING AROUND, STOPPING RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF EVERYTHING, just to find NOTHING at Wal-Mart!!!!

-end rant-

There.

Oh, and it's funny I just won an auction for First Edition Optimus Prime on eBay.
    Try there.

18. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    ^ The transformation on FE Voyager Prime is what makes him so-so for me. It's such a bitch to do, everything crashes into each other.

19. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Honestly, it's really just the arms, and even those become easier after you do it a few times & get to understand why & where everything is going where it's going instead of just trying to memorize the steps. Everything else (for me anyway) was completely logical from the get go, and since the figure shines much better in robot mode, chances are that he's gonna stay that way most of the time regardless.

20. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    Eh, I'm just glad it's accurate. But it doesn't seem that bad to me, I've seen reviews over and over.

Now I really want FE Bulkhead, though... (love the transformation that gives the size-change effect! [see peaugh's review]).

Edit:
    YES! The transformation seems very fun, especially the chest. The arms only seem a little tiny bit hard to remember how to transform. I am so glad that I'm a natural at transformation. Example: I got Energon Unicron in 04 or so, and I still remember the transformation. I never figured out how to put on the rings, though. >.<

Not to mention I lost the purple shell.