Transformers Prime Episode 6 Preview

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Toa Maximus, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    I really liked that Starscream clip.

It keeps enforcing how different this Starscream is. I mean he still retains the trademark desire to be feared leader of the Decepticons, but instead of doing what G1 Starscream would do and throw everything out the window to start over his way he actually says that Megatron laid the foundation of the cause and that he will continue to build upon it, only more forcefully.

2. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Why? It´s silly.

3. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    People complain, they're just waiting for that specific complaint.

jD001

4. power3921

power3921 Well-Known Member

I love that Starscream clip. I think this is going to be one of the best versions of him ever. Optimus Prime however, sounds like hes always about to give a speech.

5. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

They also have variations on their faces; most noticeably the number of optic slits to help differentiate them. Their individuality (despite being troopbuilders) is what's making me like the Eradicons more than any other characters in the show. You almost sometimes wonder what that con's name was before he got blasted.

Too true. The eleventh will be a good day for me. Aside from "Prime" beginning, my income-tax refund gets deposited that day. Woot.

~Z

6. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So... like Star Wars?

Yeah, the 'henchmen' for lack of a better word are starting to warm up to me. I could start coming up with background stories on any of them.

Example: Billy, the henchbot who asked Starscream about his qualifications worked for a fast refueling place as an ordertaker whose supervisor was an arrogant jerk who stole supplies for himself when he thought no one else was looking. He quit his workplace using an wellknown offensive jeaster(sp?) and took a job working under Starscream to pay the bills. :lol 

jD001

7. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I can't wait for episode 6! These clips did their job well and got me really excited.

8. reave

reave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm with Ratchet.

"What, in the Allspark, is going on here?"

Look, I get that it's a kids show, and won't be as perfect as a grizzled old TransFan would like for it to be, but I'm just annoyed that cartoons today HAVE to appeal directly to kids ("oh wow! I do homework too!")

I don't see the same kind of pandering in the great cartoons from say, the mid 80's ;) 

I'll be editing these to have a lot less annoying kid stuff as soon as the DVD's are out.

That said, I really can't complain a whole lot, as it could have been much worse (we've seen it happen all too often) and I'm really looking forward to the rest of season 1 and beyond (fingers crossed).

9. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    All hail Starscream. Can't wait to see this new episode!

10. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Or the 90s. Or the 00s. A great cartoon was a great cartoon because it didn't have pandering.

11. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    "Emperour of Destruction", isn't that a fancy title that Japanese bad guy leaders always announce themselves as? :lol 

Great to have these sneak-peeks of the upcoming ep. Wonder if the Hub will be doing sneak-peeks like these evey week? Or giving next episode previews at the end of each ep?

I was thinking this too.

And this.

12. Emperor Zarak

Emperor Zarak Decepticon Emperor

News Credits:
    Prime is not disappointing so far

13. TwinSpin

TwinSpin Hot Coffeebot

Nice to hear Prime have some small and subtle dialogue. I'm relieved that not every line will sound like a call to war or a Don LaFontaine-voiced movie trailer voiceover.

14. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    No, you just had two guys who supposedly worked on an oil rig, but instead just hung out with the Autobots all day. Hell, as far as I remember, you never even see where the hell they lived.

It's the title they always give the Decepticon leader in Japan.

15. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    Starscream continues to be my favorite incarnation of the character so far, and I'm glad to see Cullen has eased into a more regular Prime now.

And humans schumans. Mildly annoying, but what can you do? If they're the concession I have to make for the much more mature content elsewhere in the show then I'll happily pay it.

16. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What the problem with a little human humor? If it's all grimdark Cliffjumper death all the time then it'll get stale likes GI JOE Resolute.

17. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    and Arcee continues to be my favourite character

18. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    ooh.starscream is badass in that first clip

lol ratchet still doesn't like humans

yeah :lol 

19. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    See even if the kids are annoying to some, one thing I like is that we know they are there for younger viewers, but we also have "characters" within the show who feel the same way about them. We have a voice within the series. Ratchet. If someone in Star Wars: Phantom menace was our voice of annoyance with Jar Jar (Obi Wan kinda was), then we might have laughed and enjoyed it more, because someone is speaking for us. Ratchet's reaction to their school project was put better than anyone on these boards could have put it.

Basically. Kids or not, the writers are making these scenes funny, and well-executed, while meeting the demand to have young characters hanging out with the Autobots.

20. Hakudoushi

Hakudoushi Well-Known Member

I love this series. What I like most about it is that they take their audiences seriously. No pandering. The interactions between the characters are my favorite part. This is what happens when you let good writers do their job.