Transformers Prime characters issues

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Soundwaver5000, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Soundwaver5000

Soundwaver5000 Well-Known Member

I've just recently started watching Transformers Prime(yes I know I'm late.) but I'm having a little trouble watching it.

My issue is the designs: Now the only other cartoon I have watched was the g1 so that might be part of my issue. Now some characters I actually like. The new soundwave(even though the "soundwave superior was a classic) looks fantastic. I love how he plays back messages. But some characters just really stick out. Like Optimus without his mouthpiece just looks flat out weird.
    Although I think the new starscreams voice/personality is spot on what it should be, I just can't stand the way he looks. And don't get me started on Megatrons eyebrows! Also when did laserbeak become a piece of oragami?
    Now look, I love the series and these setbacks will not stop me from watching it. I just would like to know if these issues bothered you.

So just tell me some issues you have. New characters you like, old characters you don't like. Anything! Just tell me what you think

2. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    I dont mind them it may be because you used to G1 style you will get used to it the designs will grow on you.

3. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    I don't like Smokescreen.

Mainly because of his writing.

4. Soundwaver5000

Soundwaver5000 Well-Known Member

Did you guys like the new wheel jack. When he came down to earth, I was like YES!!! I hope he's gonna bring some cool gadgets. The he pulled out some ninja swords and started going Jackie chan on some cons. So I basically watched the rest of the episode extremely disappointed.

5. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

Optimus without mouthplate is a tad weird, but the series' animation (facial movements and lip syncing) improve throughout the show.
    Starscream may look weird now, but once you see his true colors, his physique makes sense to his character.
    lol Megatron's floating eyebrows are always weird. They bend around his bucket head.
    I dig Laserbeak. His origami shape matches how flat and spindly Soundwave is, and Laserbeak is the best fighter on the show :wink: 

My main beef is that they try to make intricate characters with lots of hints and mentionings of what they had done before, but don't really implement it with their character. There's not enough world building for me to really get into them. That, and Knock Out is being degraded terribly in recent episodes.
    And Shockwave stunk.

Design-wise, I think they're hit-or-miss, but none make me go "whatingodsnameisthatwhatthehell?"

EDIT: Oh yeah, Wheeljack. Neat design, personality? No me gusta.

6. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :lol  This seems like a thread that would be posted just after Darkness Rising Part 1.
    Nothing really bothers me, except how they have HUGE buildups for arcs and then drop them. Specifically, CyLAS.
    Technically, all of MECH was buildup for it since they didn't do anything with them except for the CyLAS arc. They have Breakdown die, CyLAS builds a giant robot, etc, etc, etc. all so Silas can die? That's just plain stupid.

7. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    oh you get use to the designs pretty fast. starscream has probably the best facial animation on the show especially in season 2. lazerbeak is pretty damn useful and although he isn't a bird he's pretty cool and soundwave is one of the most powerful in the show. What episodes have you seen so far?

8. megapork

megapork Cheese

Most issues people have is mostly due to the aesthetic of the show not sitting well with them notably some die-hard fans of G1. Not really an issue since thats the way it was designed, it's not meant just for your own tastes. This isnt a tailor made show.

Character gripes on the other hand is something tangible. Arcee's "Airachnid must die" phase stands out. Seriously how many times did they resolve this issue? It took her like 20 episodes to get over it. And halfway there she learned revenge isnt the way, only to comeback and start Airachnid must die thing again.

Next would be mostly a gripe toward the directors and the writer's execution.
    Dreadwing's death is good in concept but the lack of focus given to him during the scene just proves the writers focus too much on sandwiching the episodes. Patch could have been half starscream's return then part dreadwing's downfall with the rest kicking off in the next episode. They only left one and half episodes for the season finale. Other than that it would be how dreadwing was just dropped dead, i hate they couldnt have at least given a quick goodbye shot of his body. or at least a look at peaceful face or something. Just something to give a sign he wasnt an raging idiot.

9. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    Airachnid is too generic and cliched.

Bumblebee sucks, as expected.

Arcee's alright, but certainly could've been handled better.

Dreadwing and Breakdown ultimately served no purpose, and little would've needed to be changed in order to remove then from the show entirely.

Optimus is mostly dull. And he especially needs a nose.

Starscream has become too pathetic.

10. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Bumblebee should've gotten more episodes to himself,Miko's constant stupitidy in season 1 needed to have been toned down a lot, and that Raf's backstory and explanation for his smarts could've been explored. Other then that there's no real issue I have with the characters at all. Many of them are well developed and have good characters.

11. AxionPrime

AxionPrime Well-Known Member

Thanks for spoiling Smoke. He said he just started the show.

Oh, come on! He said he just started the show.

12. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

He's on a forum. And Megapork spoiler-hid his stuff.

13. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    It's not really a spoiler, his face has been plastered all over the front page and forums.

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Soundwave needed to be the main character in this show. :p 

also Bumblebee doesn't need to exist...Smokescreen clearly is Bumblebee with the personality he should have had to begin with.

15. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    This.

Imange Nolan North voicing Bumblebee.

"Here We Go!"

16. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    and instead of Smokescreen we'd have an Autobot flyer.

17. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    Next thing you know, He may get a Spin-Off.