Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Encodes/Videos - NOW IN HD

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Darkprime, Feb 2, 2011.

1. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Y'know what I'm with the MegaUpload crownd now, got an account from a friend and downloaded everything in 40 MINUTES! Awesome! Thanks DP!

2. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Not to be demanding, but I can't access Megaupload at my college. Any chance for uploads to another file hosting site, like hotfile or fileserve?

3. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    What format is it; If it take forever to download, and then discover it's a format I can't play I'll be angry, so what format is the download and what do I need to play it?

4. Ravage1976

Ravage1976 Well-Known Member

Why are the torrent files so large even at 720dpi they should be about 350mb

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thank you DP. Was never a fan of Megaupload till now :D  Great quality, and the short wait for them to download is totally worth it.

6. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Great job on the encode DP.

7. B.F.

B.F. Well-Known Member

Thanks.
    I'm vote on torrents btw. :) 

It shouldn't.
    It just old size-quality dilemma and everyone decide what they want.
    And xvid is still about half as good as x264 so you can't expect something encoded to xvid can be as small as usual x264 mp4 encode and still be good in quality.

8. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the audio sync was slightly off in vlc. Was it just me? Does it play in sync on Windows media player? (the audio was about half a second behind the mouth movements.)

9. Angel Magnus

Angel Magnus Well-Known Member

There's nothing unreliable about Bittorrent. In fact it's the exact opposite. File sites like MegaUpload are single points of failure. All it takes is for that one link to go away or expire, or that one server to go down or be overloaded and it's gone, no more file. Bittorrent is much harder to disrupt, even if a tracker goes down, even if a torrent link goes away, because everybody contributes to keeping it running. It takes a little while to get going - especially while there's only one seed - but once it is, you can't stop it.

>AM<

10. Darkprime

Darkprime Antigrav Singular Destron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Audio is in sync on my machine.

There's a couple things to know about compressing video. First of all, MP4 isn't as universally compatible with as many devices as XVID, such as video game consoles. Of course the opposite can be said for things like the iPAD which needs MP4 (but would also need a lower resolution).

Another issue is what settings are being used for your encoder. First off, I made a mistake this week with one setting that caused the video to be about 40 megs larger than it should have been - that is already taken care of for next week. The second is that better quality encoding turns on a lot more options and usually is done with multiple passes. The gist of that means it will take easily more HOURS to encode the video. I'm doing my best to juggle file size, quality, and get my videos out there way faster than anyone else - who wants to wait for this show to air in their timezone or days for some other group to do their video?

11. Urizen123

Urizen123 I toast, therefore I am.

The main reason I consider Bittorrent a less solid solution than DD is that there are simply more variables involved in achieving a stable transfer. With a file host like Megaupload, the primary issue is - as you said - the file being deleted from the server (although this occurs much less frequently in comparison to some other hosts, eg; Hotfile), but beyond that, there's not a great deal that can complicate its use - whereas with Bittorrent there's multiple factors that can disrupt your performance - seed/peer ratio, incorrectly configured firewalls, ISP throttling, ports not forwarded, etc.

While these issues might not be a challenge for more experienced users, it does make BT a somewhat less accessible solution. You're right though, once a torrent really gets going, it's pretty much unstoppable - but I think the focus should be more on accessibility and reaching the widest audience possible.

:thumb 

12. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    Audio was fine on my machine and the quality of the ep overall was outstanding.

13. Unclejoe420

Unclejoe420 Well-Known Member

Audio was out of sync on my machine, but i think that may be due to my machine not being able to handle hd vid, for some weird reason. Do appreciate you taking the time to do this anyway, Dark Prime! Keep up the damn spiffing work!!

Unfortunately, I may have to wait for a low-res / definition release.. Poopie!! :( 

14. Darkprime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll see about doing a low res version and posting that to megaupload too.

15. Darkprime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Low res version was posted earlier this afternoon

16. Hook

Hook The real Constructicon leader Veteran

News Credits:
    You're spoiling us DP! Thanks for the low-res version!

17. Goatboy

Goatboy Well-Known Member

Thanks for taking the time to do this Darkprime.

18. Coaxial

Coaxial Hop on the beam

Quality for Ep. 6 was top-notch on my PS3 - thanks again DP!

19. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    Audio was out of sync for me too... I'm sure that my computer can play 720p video fine with my player... :( 

20. jbellanca

jbellanca Well-Known Member

Hey DarkPrime - First, thank you SO much for the encode - REALLY appreciate it!!! Any chance, instead of encoding as xvid in an AVI container, could you encode instead in an MP4 container with h.264 (still 720p)? I ask because my goal is to have all my videos compatible with the iPad and AppleTV 2, so I'll re-encode to an MP4/h.264 format (720p). (Using Handbrake.) I can reencode yours, but I hate losing quality. That format/container should be compatible with Windows users just fine as well as Mac users. Or even another container would be better for me, as long as the video's in h.264 format, i can always put it in a new container. But if you can't I understand - I'll just reencode. I guess an alternative might be for you to upload you original files somewhere for anyone who wants to, to do thing thing with them. Unfortunately, although in every other respect I really love DirectTV that I have, I don't get The Hub in HD.

Hopefully they'll announce a Blu-Ray release of this show so we won't be so reliant on HD captures to get good quality!

Again, DP - Thanks!!