Transformers: Prime - Beast Hunters Deluxe-class Smokescreen

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by cybernaut, Feb 23, 2013.

1. jametron

jametron Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE! Taste Kittens…

News Credits:
    Very nice!

2. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    How hard is it to pop the arm kibble off? Are the hinges pinned or tabbed on? If you don't mind taking pieces on or off, that alone could fix the biggest problem this toy has.

3. TFtoycollector

TFtoycollector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There pinned on i'm afraid.

4. neevnav

neevnav The Flying Dutchman

News Credits:
    Some magnets might help. It'll make him a parts former but could clean him up and add some beef to his back.

5. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Only thing I don't like is the arm kibble. But overall I like the whole package including the fiddly transformation. One of my favorite Prime toys.

6. cybernaut

cybernaut Well-Known Member

Thanks for the appreciation, good sirs. To a toy reviewer, you guys are a wonderful audience. My sincerest apologies for not checking back in to answer questions... RL has been a bother lately. :p 

I'd say I'd like to do more reviews in the future, but here in the Philippines, we rarely get toys earlier compared than those of you who get them online or from backdoor sources. End even if we do, I don't usually have enough free time and space to setup a photoshoot in the house. :p 

You're welcome, sir! For a reviewer like me with less than a handful of reviews here in the Feedback forum, that's really very fulfilling to read.

Thanks! You are too kind.

I can only say that, to be dubbed as "one of the best" is a great honor, considering that there are other reviewers here in the Feedback forum who churn out better reviews with sharper shots, crisper writing than mine.

Thanks... I'm really not to fond of those armor pieces really. It's not that I don't like the design or the idea, but I don't like that they're made of rubber! If they'd been made of a more solid material (say, like the one used for PrID Prime's sword or Airrachnid's rotors...), they'd probably stick on the bot / car body better and more securely.

Oh, and here's Smokescreen with the rest of my opened PRiD 'bots!

[​IMG]

jya na!

7. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have a buddy on this board who sent me a pic of this mold modded to remove the arm kibble. I hope he posts those here because the fig looks insanely better without that kibble.

8. Gunshot

Gunshot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, I may not be your buddy that you are talking about, but I just did a similar thing last night after staring at the annoying kibble for too long... This just involves carefully snipping away at the plastic connector with a plastic cutter. I can attach the kibble back with ease and it still transforms just fine. Only thing now is finding some way to store those panels in robot mode... See below :

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. neevnav

neevnav The Flying Dutchman

News Credits:
    Holy crap that's awesome. Maybe magnets to attach the kibble?

10. Depthcharge

Depthcharge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Picked him up today and I'm very happy with him. He's got a neat and complex transformation though even I found it mildly frustrating getting all of his panels massaged into place for vehicle form. His bot mode feels a bit fiddly due to call the kibble and mine has some pretty loose joints. His car form is very solid once its all pegged together. The weapons and armor are a bonus, they serve their purpose and are a fun addition. The figure itself could have, I think, fit right in with the rest of the pre-beast hunters series.

11. Eurobeatking

Eurobeatking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow thats awesome.My modding is terrible so I probably end up ruing the figure,lol.

12. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Neat idea. I may have to try it. Maybe the loose pieces can attach to the back under the wings somehow to give some more mass to the figure? Something still bugs me about the face sculpt though. That and the white ("surgical gloves") hands.

13. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    OOOOoooohhhhman...That looks AWESOME

14. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Think this mold would be okay if the arm kibble could be hinged to wrap around the forearms.

15. aledromo

aledromo Decepticon at the Gate

Anyone got a good lead on a matching blue paint yet? It ain't Testor's true blue pearl, let me tell you.

16. Skeeve

Skeeve Well-Known Member

I know it'd kind of destory the scale, but a lot of these transformation would work better if he were alternity sized.

17. Super4Ever

Super4Ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What reds are you guys using for the head/shoulders?

18. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    Smokescreen is one of the few Prime deluxe figures I was impressed with right out of the package. Very nice possibility and the transformation has the right level of complexity and simplicity, that this size class has struggled to achieve on a consistent basis.

I'm very glad Hasbro made the beast hunters armor removable and not molded into the design, as I personally have no use for it.

The arm kibble is a bit of a hindrance to the arm movement, but I find it negligible.

Overall this is only the second mainline Prime deluxe that I would get the inevitable repaint of, the first being the Vehicon.

19. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    on the shadoe quill armor, what are the protrusions on the sides for? it holds the missle but i wonder if they have another purpose since theres 2

20. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Found a Smokescreen today, and I really like him! The only real problem with mine was that one of the halves of the car's roof has its white paint misaligned, so I have to get some white paint to fix that. I also went ahead and added the red on the top of his head and shoulder armor with a sharpie. I thought about fixing up the rest of the deco (the red on his arms and knees, as well as the blue on his head), but the more I look at him, the more I like them, accurate or not.