Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Deluxe BotCon 2013 Reveals

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by DESTRO, Jun 29, 2013.

1. amethysted

amethysted Well-Known Member

The Prime and King do look much better than the previous voyagers...

But once I have the big Ultra King, I wont need this one...

Make you think, "Why didnt they do this in the first place?". lol Cha Ching!

I'll wait to see the Prime repaint... The green is aweful, IMO...

2. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Making a Prowl from Smokescreen isn't exactly the epitome of creativity.

3. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

yeah,if they make a very clever repaint rather then a obvious repaint idea,then really. it's just predictable. if they make roadgrabber out of the prime smokescreen mold. then that would be considered genius.

4. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe I don't f****** care. I'd rather have that than repaints. That a problem?

When did Aaron Archer leave Hasbro? Why did he leave?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
  5. Negativedark

Negativedark Stealth Gesalt

These guys make no sense. And here is why.
    1-Why make them in the first place? I mean blowing up existing figures and replacing the other versions is just going to cost money.
    2- Who's going to buy them? Seems like a lot of die hard fans aren't too crazy about them. Parents aren't going to be noticing that it's a different version of a charecter they already got their kids. They are going to figure the kids got Optimus. And if they want a to cheap out on their kids they would get the smaller version of the toys. I mean they don't even have a different color scheme!
    3- Why bother with the timing? These guys are going to be out just in time to clog the shelves so we can't find the 30th toys we want, and then either going to get sent back or clog the shelves when the 4th movie line starts up. BH is going to be winding down, and really there is no reason for these to even be made.

6. Blitzwing21

Blitzwing21 Well-Known Member

Well, it looks like they finally did it. They listened to frustrated parents and made the transformations simple for kids. I understand their position. When ROTF came out, I got some of the figures for my son and he was thoroughly frustrated with them. Even I, using the instructions, took way too long to transform the figures. Fast forward to the Beast Hunters line and the transformations, particularly the Pred's are much easier for kids. But with this latest batch of figures, I wonder if they took it too far. The Dad in me thinks this is great for my kid and I'm sure he will get more play value with the more simplistic transformations. But it appears that the overall appearance of the figures is going to suffer for the simpler transformations and that makes me a bit sad. I wonder if this is going to carry forward into the new movie line. I kind of think so, since Hasbro seems to have a big point of the simpler transformations during the presentation. Or is this just a trial balloon with a line that is ending? I guess we will know soon enough as all of the upcoming movie toys have likely all been designed. A mixed bag I guess, parents/kids rejoicing and collectors likely upset. Time will tell how this plays out for Hasbro.

7. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    I'm sure someone's gonna figure out a fan mode Ambinous within months of these guys being out.

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    They don't have the huge pegs anymore, but I still think they'll be able to combine. I do kinda hope they combine, though if not they're still kind of tempting. Twinstrike and Windrazor are easily the two best up-sized Legion to Deluxe figures shown so far. Though over-all I don't think these are nearly as bad as most do.

With all these Pred toys coming out, it's actually kind of tempting to form a third faction shelf for them, rather than just clumping them in with the Decepticons.

9. Rotoraptor

Rotoraptor Banned

No one from has/tak has even confirmed they can't combine, it's possible they retooled the combiner parts to accommodate their larger size. We've seen TWO of them. People just like to jump to conclusions and throw fits like six year olds.

10. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Surprising as it might be some of us like some Beast Critters more than 30th Anniversary stuff.

11. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That's what rubber bands are for!

12. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl Koruption_Kosplay

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Dam I've been trying to form my words on this since the news dropped. The prowl looks awesome!! Prowl being one of my fav characters, that deserves a pick up for sure. :)  just sad he wasn't in the show. Anyway onto these new "deluxes"... I just don't get it. I mean I kinda do but come on! Kids aren't stupid! They're smart and figure stuff out and like complexity to a point! I know I did when I was young! Hell two of my fave figs as a kid were rid ultra magnus amd prime and for a kid those hard as hell to combine and transform. But I loved them anyway. And it just feels like the overall decline in faith in kids in television and books and everywhere. Does anybody think kids are smart at all anymore?

13. Zombie F Body

Zombie F Body Has left the building...

News Credits:
    Mine had a half a shelf with my MP Seekers (Prime Autobots and Decepticons have their own shelf, for now, probably join my CW figures in storage once the show comes to an end) but that was revoked after seeing Waspinator and Rhinox. That half is now BWs!

I was curious with all the 5-POA monstrosities taking over GI Joe and Marvel movie lines what the equivalent would be for TFs. I was thinking we'd see chopped down simplified messes for TF4 since they'd still have to transform, I didn't think Hasbro had the balls to release Titan scale 5-POA figures for Transformers (boy was I wrong, the G1 aesthetic kinda works for those, those Prime horrors look like Tijuana knock-offs) never dawned on me Prime would be the test bed, though. I guess with Prime's lame duck status Hasbro is pulling a Clone Wars and half-assing the last year. I don't have kids but I have mild nueropathy and arthritis from military injuries and can manage these just fine, I also had no problem with posing super-articulated Clone Wars figures either. I think it's mainly a cop out excuse to cut costs. The Cyberverse stuff is the easier to transform stuff, no need to make larger knock-offs of them to pad the Deluxe line unless it's only to save costs associated with delivering new mold Deluxes. At least Generations makes up for it but I was enjoying Prime, guess the odds those Japanese only figures coming stateside are now nil.

14. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

and kitbashing... dont forget the kitbashing. i mean i think those four new deluxes will end up being. kitbash fodder.

i mean all they need is a few hinges and ball joints. i bet a certain capcom-inspired kitbasher might find a few solutions.

15. SegaGenesis

SegaGenesis Headmaster

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I'm not that crazy about Beast Hunters and this is still the most disappointing Transformers toy news I've seen since I started collecting again.

This even trumps Michael Bay's involvement in the movies for me. I can ignore crappy movies and still enjoy the toys. Upscaled legends? No MP news? If it wasn't for the Generations reveals I'd give up on Hasbro altogether.

TakaraTomy - Hey, let's reissue the largest, most sought after Transformer in history. Also, MP's out the wazoo.

3rd parties - Hey, let's make our own Classic/Universe/Generations figures, except let's make them so awesome that fans will have no choice but to abandon their wallets on sight.

Hasbro - Hey, I saw the coolest thing at the dollar store the other day...

16. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

The worst part is Hasbro's been quite on the ball of late. Beast Hunters, while not tickling my fancy in the slightest, seems to be fairly competently done and they're doing a great job with getting MPs to us (MP-11 Thundercracker and Acid Storm are so far Hasbro-exclusive, MP-10 Prime was better than Takara's, and we're getting MP Soundwave). Generations figures have been pretty decent, with Voyager Soundwave and Springer being excellent, and the Generations Deluxes have been really high quality of late.

And then this. It's like a movie star who's been doing absolutely stellar work, who apparently on occasion has to just crap itself in public once in a while. They just can't not do something dumb once in a while.

17. Cleverpseudonym

Cleverpseudonym Because It's there!

(this post has been edited because I feel it was too stupid)
    Long story short: This is a really silly move on Hasbro's part

18. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    Holy shit, get a grip man. Embarrassment to transformers? Do you remember what it w
    Was like to be a young kid?

Common sense says give a kid a toy that doesn't frustrate them, untill they gain experience and move up.

I support this move. Will I buy them? Not for myself most likely, but for my young nephew and maybe my daughter (who's still a bit young).

Get your panties out of a bunch, dude. And btw, no, 480 replies is not enough of a backlash...

19. Cleverpseudonym

Cleverpseudonym Because It's there!

I'll admit I overreacted. Please don't think I always act that foolishly.
    Also To optimus8404:
    Forgive me if I'm wrong, but weren't adults saying the same thing about your generation during the 80's?
    And weren't they also saying things similar to this, but with Television and home Videogame consoles instead?

20. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    I only respond to the posts at hand, I don't know you. I wouldn't assume anything outside the post. You're okay ;-)