Transformers Prime and Rescue Bots are in the same continuity

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Arsenic

Arsenic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1) They came to Earth after Darkness Rising.
    2) They died before Darkness Rising. (...too harsh?)

2. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    I'm tired of all this "combined continuity" crap. WFC and Prime cannot be in the same continuity, they are different universes with plot points that make them incompatable. Maybe Rescue Bits will work with Prime, I haven't seen the show, but my gut reaction is that shoehorning them together is a shit idea.

3. Arsenic

Arsenic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm also the one who hate the idea of Aligned thing. Why Hasbo wants to pour everything into one continuity?
    Beside that, now I hope they do neat crossover between Prime and Rescue Bots.

4. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Rescue Bots fits FINE. It goes out of its WAY to make sure that the unique quirks of its premise can fit into the Prime universe. Why aren't they with Team Prime? They're not warriors, they're rescue operatives. How are they not noticed by the world at large? They operate on an isolated island. Why does the world of RB have lots of advanced tech in it? Because the island is a testing facility for government tech. Why can the Rescue Bots operate in plain sight of these people when Team Prime have to remain hidden? Because they're pretending to be Earth-made tech. The head writer of the show is one of Prime's regular scripters, fergoshsakes.

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yes, the Earth-made tech was described as being a unique feature they wanted to bring to the series - the idea was to put a new spin on the concept of Robots in Disguise, by pretending to be robots built on Earth.

6. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Hasbro threw them all in the same continuity for money. It's always about the money. They want all the TFP fans to watch the more kiddy, but good, RB. And they want the little kiddies to watch TFP when they are old enough. Hell, Hasbro, if you want even more of an audience and more money, throw G.I. Joe Renegades and TFP in the same continuity (probably what they are planning). Hell do a "My Little Pony" crossver. No, don't ever do that!

7. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wut :lol 

Cute tho

8. Sharpfinger

Sharpfinger Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    NICE!

Now we only need to wait for Rescue Bots toys in Prime style :D 

9. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It sounds like you havn't actually listened to what Hasbro has said on the subject. What THEY mean by combined continuity and what you are thinking of are two entirely different things.

Hasbro has one story bible that they want all their current lines to be based on. Being based on that continuity bible makes them all the same in the broad strokes, the big points of backstory and the way the universe functions. But each set of creators are free to tell the stories they want based on that bible. Hasbro has flat out said that they don't care about all the exact little details of each different media project matching up just that they're part of the same general fictional framework.

See "G1 Continuity" has both the G1 cartoon and Marvel comics (and heck IDW and DW comics) inside it. They are different universes with very different contradictory stories but they are all still G1. THIS is what Hasbro means by "Combined/Aligned continuity" WfC and Prime are different contradictory variations but they spring from the same source material and are both part of the Aligned continuity family. It's really not a hard concept.

-ZacWilliam, should save this the number of times he's had to explain it to folks...

10. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That's what I thought... maybe I should check this Rescue Bots show out. :) 

11. MaxxieOD

MaxxieOD Jazz is my homebot

News Credits:
    It's been mentioned several times that the Rescue Bots most likely showed up AFTER the mini series, since in Rescue Bots, Prime mentions that he has found that the young of this species (humans) make the most valuable allies. There's other things to make me think of it taking place after the mini series, that that's usually the first one to pop into my head.

12. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Does it really matter? They're 2 completely different shows. Period.

13. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Former Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeahhh...horsecrap. Just like WFC and Prime are in the same continuity, but only if everyone has has a complete memory wipe. I really wish Hasbro wouldn't try to shove everything into the same timeline like this, it stifles the ability of each story to grow into it's own beast and develop in unique ways (the very thing that made Beast Wars and Animated work so well). The multiverse concept is just fine...

14. ZacWilliam

News Credits:
    Sigh, reposting from like 4 posts ago...

It sounds like you havn't actually listened to what Hasbro has said on the subject. What THEY mean by combined continuity and what you are thinking of are two entirely different things.

Hasbro has one story bible that they want all their current lines to be based on. Being based on that continuity bible makes them all the same in the broad strokes, the big points of backstory and the way the universe functions. But each set of creators are free to tell the stories they want based on that bible. Hasbro has flat out said that they don't care about all the exact little details of each different media project matching up, just that they're part of the same general fictional framework.

See "G1 Continuity" has both the G1 cartoon and Marvel comics (and heck IDW and DW comics) inside it. They are different universes with very different contradictory stories but they are all still G1. THIS is what Hasbro means by "Combined/Aligned continuity" WfC and Prime are different contradictory variations but they spring from the same source material and are both part of the Aligned continuity family. It's really not a hard concept.

-ZacWilliam, should save this the number of times he's had to explain it to folks...

15. MaxxieOD

MaxxieOD Jazz is my homebot

News Credits:
    To Zac, I admire your extreme patience, heh.

To people saying that RB and Prime can't be in the same universe, there's nothing to contradict it. Rescue Bots takes place away from Team Prime to help keep them from contradicting. Right now, RB hasn't had enough eps or story line to make any contradictions with Prime. Maybe down the road we can find an inconsistency or two, but I doubt it'll be anywhere near enough to discredit the two from being related.

And no, art style is not a contradiction.

16. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Call me crazy... but my strict adherence to the word "continuity" disagrees.

17. ZacWilliam

News Credits:
    If comic book fans used your definition of "continuity" 99% of Marvel and DC comics would not be in continuity with each other. Every artist has a different style and a cartoon show's visual look is the same thing, it's that shows visual interpretation of things.

Hasbro definately doesn't hold to your definition so it's kinda moot in discussion of their shows.

-ZacWilliam, heh, IDW would be rendered at least 3 seperate continuities if not more...

18. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Or the proper usage of it either.

19. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    THIS

20. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Former Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Whether Hasbro means they are all the same universe and storyline or not, that *is* what they are saying. The word "continuity" has a distinct meaning, and that meaning is not "based on the same core structure/basic history elements".

Even if you grant them their gross misuse of the word, it still has the same effect: stifling the unique growth of the various forms of Transformers by forcing them to adhere to the same framework.