Transformers Prime and Rescue Bots are in the same continuity

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So when Bumblebee eventually appears in Rescue Bots, he'll use the same beeps as Prime Bee... I had a feeling they were in the same continuity after watching the first two eps of RH. Just a weird feeling...

2. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    At first I was like...

But then I was all...

Honestly, whatever. If they want to put these two series in the same "canon", then go for it. We all know that they probably never (though I could be wrong) have anything to do with each other in the show or toyline. Will TFP Optimus ever mention Blades or Chief Charlie Burns? Probably not. Will Chase ever talk about "Team Prime" and a "speechless Soundwave"? Not likely. I'm all for "X and Y are canon with each other" if they actually do something with it. Like some others have stated, if the RB 'Bots show up in Prime (complete with the aesthetic), that'd be cool. Boulder and Bulkhead together? How awesome would that be?! But until something actually comes of it, I'll just smile and nod. :lol 

3. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    I love Rescue Bots. I love the show and I love the toys. My Daughter is 3 so it is far more appealing to her than Prime. I bought her Bumblebee and Prime and she can transform them fine. In our games they are in the same continuity because 3 year olds don't know what a continuity is.

The only problem with Rescue Bots is that I can't find toys anywhere.

4. IaconStargazer

IaconStargazer Maximal

Wow - I actually forgot for some time that there's a Rescue Bots Bumblebee. You think he might look kind of odd moving his mouth (as in, having a mouth) and saying his electronic beeps and what-not? At least Movie-verse BB has a (possibly) permanent mouthplate and TFP Bee doesn't even seem to have a lower face.

5. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Bumblebee character model in the show wil lbe different as artwork was shown for his cartoon counterpart

6. Eye of Unicron

Eye of Unicron Active Member

I know Rescue Bots is a kids show, but I'd watch such an episode or episodes. There's a big lesson in teamwork right there.

7. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    Bummer... I was hoping for something a little spoilerish for TFP, not more confusion for the Aligned continuity...

8. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    its probably about as much "in continuity" as WFC/FOC and Exodus

9. Monzo

Monzo Weirdest Fan Experience

News Credits:
  10. MaxxieOD

MaxxieOD Jazz is my homebot

News Credits:
    Thanks very much for the links!

I was chuckling in part 4:

"Will there be any female Rescue Bots?"

Steve (in Heatwave's voice) - "I hope so." That made my night for some reason, heh.

11. meirelle

meirelle Sea of Shelfwarmers

Wheelie says:
    Steve Blum and Jeff Kline
    talk Rescue Bots & Transformers Prime!

:drunk 

12. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    Which only makes even more confusion. Typical Hasbro. Not that I don't mind Rescue Bots being an actual spinoff of TFP. It's just a little strange how its part of the Aligned continuity now.

Call me picky, but... no... I don't think so. I'm getting kind of tired of hearing the same thing over and over again.

13. meirelle

meirelle Sea of Shelfwarmers

I like to think of it like the G1 cartoon and the G1 comic. They're both in the same continuity, but they're in separate universes.

Buuuut I still try not to think of it too much. :confused:  I get confused and my head starts to hurt.

...damn Transformers multiverse. :mad 

14. stormbringer251

stormbringer251 Well-Known Member

Fortunately I'm used to Transformers having numerous continuities, so I'm pretty indifferent towards the aligned thing.

15. MachSabre

MachSabre Blackmarket T-Cog Dealer

I have absolutely no problem with them being in the same universe and/or continuity, as I'm rather fond of both shows. Seriously, I don't see the issues with continuity conflicts. Outside of character designs (which has been addressed), thus far in Rescue Bots, nothing contradicts anything in Prime. And until it does, there's no reason to worry about it. (Especially with the same producers.) One is a show about small team of robots fighting a galactic war in the Nevada desert. The other is a show about a small team of robots who helps rescue workers against disasters. Rescue Bots is a pretty isolated show. They're probably not going to have any major "mythology building" going on there. (Same universe or not, it's STILL a show for young children.)

And marketing wise, it's pretty smart. If you're a little kid, who's into Rescue Bots and digging it... Then when you get a little older, instead of abandoning the franchise, you can 'graduate' up to Prime. It's just prepping the next two generations of Transformers Fans in one fell swoop, and I find that rather enterprising. :) 

If anything, this opens more story opportunities. At least from a fan perspective. If Fowler's group already has a history with the Autobots, and now we know that Chief Burns does too... Does Chief Burns have any connection with Fowler's group? Is the technology on Griffin Rock Cybertronian in nature? I look forward to seeing where this can go. And if it doesn't go anywhere, well... Like I said, I still like both shows, so it's a win-win.

Besides, it just goes that little extra step, giving me hope that one day we'll have Generation styled Heatwave, Chase, Blades and Boulder toys. :) 

16. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not sure why some of y'all are getting so hung up about continuity. Either ignore it, or just roll with it. It's not like there's going to be any significant impact on either show unless they decide to have a ridiculous multi part crossover.

That said, any crossovers between the two hugely disparate shows would be hilarious.

17. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    There's no connection between the shows so I'm gonna pretend this didn't happen...

18. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Unless you're referring to one of a few metaversal retcons made in recent years, the G1 cartoon and comics aren't in the same continuity. They certainly weren't at the time. "Continuity" (as a thing rather than a quality) is almost always the same as a "universe."

19. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

Less crap more toys.

20. Hot n Spicy

Hot n Spicy Well-Known Member

But in Darkness Rising Part 1, Optimus said, "Only we 5 Autobots remain on this earth." I haven't seen Rescue Bots. Is it set in Prime's future or something?