Minor/Repaint: Transformers Prime 10th Anniversary Megatron (w/o the Hades)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by seanb47, May 9, 2021.

1. seanb47

seanb47 FB:SBee'sCustomCreations IG@sbees_custom_creations

Ebay:
    Transformers Prime 10th Anniversary Voyager Class Megatron (w/o the Hades stuff).

I always regretted passing on the original run of this figure when they were circulating around the retail Chain stores so I dropped down on this figure. The only thing that bugged me was the clear purple plastic parts are always susceptible to breaking or cracking. So,for that reason I just did some light sanding and a wash this time before painting. No Iso dip.

First,I dechromed those parts using bleach then lightly sanded down .Basecoat is my go to Rust-o-leum black in the Semi-Gloss variant then paint over with Alclad II Airframe Aluminum. Tamiya acrylic Chrome Silver was used to drybrush the parts before laying them over with a Model Master Grape Pearl and to give him some edge wear with the Chrome silver as well. Hard to tell but his eyes were painted red then a dab of pink then white for the centers. His hands were given a black ink wash to sort of give them more depth.. One Toyhax Decepticon symbol used then I sort of cheated with his Fusion Cannon in the center by using the actual sticker meant for it that he came with. 1K Gloss clearcoat later...

No Altmode shots because I just simply do not want to pose him other than in his bot mode.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 24
  2. Ricardo Dawkins

Ricardo Dawkins Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice. What paint would you recommend for reproducing the chrome on his legs ?

Last edited: May 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  3. scuffed up rts bumblebee

scuffed up rts bumblebee #Justice4Chopter Trench's#1Fan

i didnt like the chrome, this looks much better

• Like Like x 1
  4. Keenotron

Keenotron Idiot in disguise

Instagram:
    Looks nice! I'm not too familiar with this figure, is the clear plastic really that easy to break on this guy or is it just because clear plastic is fragile in general?

• Like Like x 1
  5. seanb47

Ebay:
    Clear plastic in general is pretty susceptible to breaking. Especially at pivot or balljoint type points.

• Like Like x 1
  6. BrawnG1

BrawnG1 Banned

Ebay:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Pinterest:
    When ever I want to chrome something I always use Spaz Stix paint. First with Spaz Stix Ultimate Black Backer, then Spaz Stix Ultimate Chrome, then the use the Clear Coat from the same brand. If you mix and match it will have mixed results and not to your liking. Spaz Stix never fails me...

7. seanb47

Ebay: