Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus In Hand Images

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by C310 Ginrai, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Alpha_&_Omega

Alpha_&_Omega From the Covenant of Primus...

My guess is that its lame ans half-assed. Usually we get plenty of pics by now unless there is something to hide... like the optimal gorilla mode from the back with out op minor attached.

Yeah, at least the original had thighs and cannons that were at least filled in, not the one piece scaled up legends class style thats mostly air on the outside. over priced for what it is.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Requiem Prime

Requiem Prime Well-Known Member

I like it. Having the original and Perfect Effect's version, I dig this one being a bit different. I'd say he's punching above the original. I'll miss the tank a little, but I accept combining is a trade up. Given PE's improved jet mode with dedicated locking points vs arms free floating around the wheel, even they didn't pay the tank much mind in their toy intended to be their perfect take on him.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The small optimus is optimus primal, not optimus minor, that’s a different character all together. The big one is optimal optimus not optimus primal, though it is the same character. Also if you don’t like it don’t buy it, simple as that

• Like Like x 1
  4. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is a good stand in for Perfect Effects version.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TCJJ

TCJJ 121% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Ah yes, the go-to defence any time someone dares to criticise something!

Maybe, just maybe, someone who doesn't like it really wants to like it but has legitimate criticisms. There certainly seem to be plenty of valid criticisms in this thread.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    This looks like a lot of fun but I wish it came with swords for Primal like the concept art. I missed out on the original Optimal Optimus so I'll be grabbing this.

• Like Like x 3
  7. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    I disagree. In fact, it seems that Primal is the only smaller component to these larger POTP figures that doesn't transform into a stand alone alt mode. Prime is a lorry cab, Roddy is a car, but Primal is an accessory...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Unicron9

Unicron9 Fan and customizer of the TAWYS

Gotta say, these pics did give me some interest in it. I still don't give a crap about the surf board thing, homage to Transmetal Primal or not, because the dude has a freakin flight mode (and should have a truck mode too), but it's a nice touch that you can put the forearm shields on his shoulders like the show and old toy. He looks real good too. Looks posable and fun.

If he had his ground vehicle mode or normal primal had and ape mode instead of a brick mode, I think I'd be sold.
    I know some folks like to say Optimal Optimus' transportation modes were barely modes at all (same thing some say about Sixshot that I also disagree with), but I feel they were a big part of what made him so optimal.

9. Ravage101

Ravage101 Well-Known Member

The original Optimal OPtimous also Parts Formed the wrist shoulder pieces.

10. LightningZERO

LightningZERO The Alternity

News Credits:
    Looks good to me, can't wait to have it

I have the original OpOp but it is not really a fun toy. Nice to display though

• Like Like x 2
  11. Avon

Avon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks fantastic! Much as I like bw, I tend to be more iterested in g1 fis, but this guy looks a lot of fun, and to my mind a moe successful execution of the evolution gimmick than rod/op.

12. CobraKai

CobraKai Well-Known Member

Loving the smile!

• Like Like x 1
  13. G1 Evac

G1 Evac 1984 roller coaster car

News Credits:
    LOVE IT.

Love that we're getting a pre-BW cybertronian mode for Optimus Primal. This is a toy we've never seen before, and adds Cybertronian Mode Optimus Primal to anybody's collection. I'm happy that they gave him a flying cybertronian hovercraft mode, it is accurate to why he can fly in BW. His alt mode stylings remind me of Jetfire, and I'm already having fun developing a head canon that has Optimus Primal being a descendant of G1 Jetfire from a long line of exploration scientists. This would be an exciting way to see BW characters in the future WFC trilogy, in new cybertronian modes.

Love that you can pop a spark chamber (faithfully sculpted) into his chest, then he evolves into an upgraded body. Arise, Optimal Optimus. Super fun!

• Like Like x 2
  14. pegasusprime

pegasusprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    well prime doesnt transform into cab he transforms into something resembling a cab that thing is horrible

15. Kafei

Kafei Fan of the robots

WOW! I'm blown away by how good this looks!
    I guess that's what winning a contest would do to a guy.

• Like Like x 1
  16. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    This looks pretty damn good.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Agamus

Agamus Not an Iguana

Oh now I see how the combination/integration works, that's more clever than I thought at first

• Like Like x 1
  18. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Cannot rest until we have a bus-former.

Ebay:
    He wasn't my first choice, but I am looking forward to this guy.

Hopefully with the fans voting for a Beast Wars character, Hasbro will see their way to releasing a few more beasties.

19. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Cybertronian Kitty

News Credits:
    G1 beasts on the other hand...

Yup!

:) 

20. Smokescreen38

Smokescreen38 Fight fire with smoke!

News Credits:
    Oh yeah. These pictures amplified my excitement for this figure 5x. It looks WAY better than I had thought...and I was going to get it anyway. :D 

Wait...I've heard that before somewhere...

Yeah...so they did seem to sit around in some areas. I agree with Leige Prime that they didn't collect much dust around here (and I bought doubles of Rhinox, Rattrap, and Waspinator...so I admittedly helped a bit) but I do think it's true that they didn't sell super well. IMO, they were really fantastic figures despite a few flaws.

Cheap?? Please share a link!
    I have a loose original OpOp and a MISB one but umm...I'd take another for the right price.

Good call! This made me really happy too.

Which parts yellowed? I've heard of plastic decay problems (dark metallic red/brown parts?) but never yellowing...Can you share pics?

Sadly, I'm fairly certain that these came with Leader Class TLK Megatron
    [​IMG]

Who takes time out of their day for this kind of comment?

I hear you on this...and I think you're mostly right.
    The original version had a lot going for it. The LEDs, Transmetal/Chrome parts, the substantial weight, super nice feeling materials, firing missiles...none of which will be matched in this one. By 2018 standards, a toy like the original OpOp would be a $100 "Year of the ___" Platinum type release. So in a number of ways, the original is superior.

However...yeah. It's a new take on the design with a new gimmick. SOME of the sculpting looks better, some of the proportions work better...it looks a bit less like the designers were winging it (though I kind of love that about the original).

As for the tank/truck mode...I have to disagree here. It's definitely not the most sophisticated nor well-executed mode but it was so appreciated and so important at a time when even the slightest trace of G1 DNA was total nerd-joy. Plus, they did accommodate this mode with actual rolling wheels...so it was legit. Just my opinion of course.

• Like Like x 2