Transformers Packaging Changes Fall 2024

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Mar 19, 2024.

1. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nem

Nem Reactivate Historian and ROTF Guy

News Credits:
    Welcome to Europe, that's how it is already.

• Like Like x 4
  3. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    I'm convinced the people in this thread fighting so hard against the windowless packaging are just the same people who mod their raised Ford F150s with truck nuts dangling off the back to intentionally pump out as much exhaust as possible just to give Mother Nature the finger. "But...but Hasbro's profits!" "But...but other shitty things they're doing!" "But...but [any other excuse]!" It's honestly pathetic.

I already said I recognized it was a done deal in my first post, and that I was disappointed in it. But apparently simple discussion about it and alternatives is "beating a dead horse," "dying on an anthill," or "tilting at windmills." The majority of this fandom really does have Stockholm Syndrome towards capitalism, it seems. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I got no skin in this argument but I have to kind of nerd out here.

This is actually pretty wrong. "Plastic are plastics" is wholly missing the point of the crazy world of polymers. The plastics used in Transformers toys and action figures are quite different than the plastics used for plastic model kits, different than the plastics used for the shells of RC cars, and different than the plastics used in industrial operations and real life tools.

Transformers and action figures use stuff like ABS, PC, PVC, Nylon, etc. If you do Transformers toys and other action figures, then there is a practical 100% chance you've experienced these plastics. I build Gundam kits, and Gundam kits like many other plastic models are generally made up of PS plastics. Not every kit...Flame Toys make their models from ABS plastic if I remember. But PS is a common formulation used in the model scene for it's ease of shaping and cutting and how inexpensive it is to mass produce. There's specialty glues out there specifically formulated to be used on PS plastic and only PS plastic.

I'm into firearms. Guns and stuff. I own guns, buy bullets, and I shoot. The polymers I experience in this world is a massive crazy technologically advanced world. Taking a blurb from a gun website, Entec Polymers:

Engineering polymers most commonly used in various firearms components include glass-reinforced nylon, glass-reinforced polyester, glass-reinforced polypropylene, glass-reinforced polycarbonate, acetal, long-fiber reinforced thermoplastics, high-performance polymers like polyphenylene sulfide and polysulfone. As well as thermoplastic elastomers like SEBS, TPV and TPU.

Basically this is big boy stuff. These are the plastics you find in stuff like field carry cases, on cars, on stuff like planes and space shuttles, and anything designed to be used outside and be rugged and survive. Things like vehicles, industrial equipment, scientific equipment, and, well, firearms!

In my experience, these plastics save me from potential injury in use. My AR-15 barrel can get as hot as 1200 degrees F, and the combination of a heat shield and the thermal survivability of engineering polymers means my hand doesn't get fried when I'm out at the quarry with friends.

But also getting into the weeds...ALL of these plastics degrade differently. Some plastics are more harmful for the environment, some are not. There's definitely a movement in the polymer world to try to create lasting polymers but also allow them to biodegrade, reducing or eliminating the harm they have in the environment. To say "plastics are plastics" is pushing aside the value of fuckin' genuis scientists that make our lives so much more fun and interesting due to the crazy world of polymers.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde 落ち武者

News Credits:
    Ouch, you too huh?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 XYxInfinity

News Credits:
    So, please do a spectrographic analysis then of the packaging Hb uses. If they turn out to be the "Autobots' of plastics then you also have negated the arguments of the anti return of plastics in packaging of Hb cult!:bowdown: 

• Like Like x 3
  7. PlanckEpoch

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I ain't a scientist and I ain't going to a lab unless you front the money for it. My post was just 101, entry level basic info stuff you can find on the internet when you need to educate yourself on the basics of polymers!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 XYxInfinity

News Credits:
    But you presented an inference, a theory. You prove it to the end. And the rewards will be ginormous!:drool: Just imagine, Hb would go crawling to your doorstep and virtue signal on this! We wuzz wrong abandoning plastics! The are "Autobot" plastics! The ones that degrades later! Safe for mama Gaia!

• Like Like x 1
  9. PlanckEpoch

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I actually didn't. I'm only talking about the science that's come and what's going forward. No theories. You should work on reading comprehension! Actually if you can point out where I put any theories, that'd help out since I couldn't find them!

The blurb about plastics degrading differently isn't a theory. IT's all known information, known for awhile now TBH. You can see it in Transformers toys when they photodegrade. Nylons photodegrade differently than ABS, and it's those nylon based parts that discolor before the ABS stuff tends to do.

Also you should understand how business works. You suggested I do a specroanalysis. I could, but you gotta pay the cost for me to do it first. You requested, you pony up the cash!

• Like Like x 3
  10. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 XYxInfinity

News Credits:
    You did not need to insert that info but you did you tease:ev:  so take responsibilty.....btw we owe you so much dispensing the dogma that plastics are Decepticons when they are also Autobots among them;) 

• Like Like x 1
  11. cybeast

cybeast Freelancer Pun Maker

News Credits:
    I just really love the fact that plasticless defender always says "CLOSED PACKAGING WON'T STOP THEFT" when all we said is "It discourages them". :rolleyes: 

maybe you should not bother putting window / door on your home too, since people still break into houses anyway?

So it's fine that part of the bot are lost in open window packaging eh.

Quite ironically is that anti open window are more or less agreed closed packaging works too (although it has its own share of problem), but somehow the open window side always go and like "SO YOU WANT PLASTIC WINDOW YOU'RE KILLING THE NATURE"

Last edited: Mar 24, 2024
    • Like Like x 6
  12. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde 落ち武者

News Credits:
    :lolol  :lolol 

Yeah no shit plastic won't stop thieving rat fucks from stealing, I've also not seen anyone argue that it WOULD. But absolutely nothing between the product and the outside world just makes it easier for them to do so. If someone really wants to steal one of these things cardboard isn't gonna stop them that much either, I guess that means the cardboard isn't necessary either amirite?

Having a locked door won't stop someone who REALLY wants to break and enter from breaking and entering, guess you should get rid of your door too bud. :^) The entire point that you folks in denial seem to not be grasping here is that it's about 'discouraging' theft among other issues that stem from having no barrier between your product and the outside world.

But most importantly it doesn't have any tangible impact on how much Hasbro contributes to environmental waste.

At this point I'm convinced Hasbro could convince some of you guys to believe in NFT's as long as they prefaced with "they're eco friendly bro" and "plastic-free".

• Like Like x 8
  13. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Face it, we're doomed.

News Credits:
    Plastic windows are good for keeping dust and greasy fingers off the product while it's sitting on the shelf. That's my #1 happiness that it's coming back

• Like Like x 6
  14. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde 落ち武者

News Credits:
    I dunno about some of you but personally If I'm gonna buy something from a store I'd rather be content in the knowledge that it wasn't manhandled by some goon that doesn't know how to wash themselves properly.

Hell I mean, even just the intended demographic: kids are great but they're not the cleanest lifeforms out there, obviously a lot of that is just due to them being young and such... but yeah. Probably a bit of a germiphobe but I'd rather there was 'some' barrier there.

• Like Like x 2
  15. cybeast

News Credits:
    I've seen some Shadowstrip just collecting dust, being shelfwarmers, and due to it having black as primary color, the dust is really well, noticable.

It sure is easy to dust, but would you buy it if your kid want it? o_O 

Oh right, this is all just anedoctal because it never happens in your local I guess :rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 3
  16. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 XYxInfinity

News Credits:
    Screenshot 2024-03-25 073952.png

Does TakaraTomy know something we don't? My SS-86 Arcee, IH and Ratchet are all "Windowless" just like 102. I wonder why?

Anyway, it's already been proven, anecdotally that there are good plastics and bad plastics. Primus forbids Hb uses the type that deteriorates faster on our TF figures to protect Sol 3's environment.......then we are all screwed:lolol  you open a box or just stare at a TF figure on a wrong angle and it crumbles to dust!

• Like Like x 3
  17. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Here's another bit of data for the open box crowd. Remember that Buzzworthy Bumblebee box set with Goldbug? Yeah, I ordered half a dozen when they went to clearance. Opened the shipping carton and there were heads rolling all over. Had to open every single one to repack them. Now imagine if Target had actually stocked the shelves in their store.

• Like Like x 5
  18. cybeast

News Credits:
    But it's anedoctal bro so it doesn't hold a cancle /s

• Like Like x 2
  19. Mudslide

Mudslide Eyes rolled so hard they fell out of my head.

Stocking shelves in a store? That's ludicrous.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    I guess you could say...
    Nightbird has a...
    Blue...
    Streak...

(•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

yea yea I know. That was bad even for a lame dad joke.

• Like Like x 4