Transformers Packaging Changes Fall 2024

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Mar 19, 2024.

1. BBJazz

BBJazz Well-Endowed Member

E2hZpaxUYAQfg_Y.jpg

Alright I'm done for real this time.

• Like Like x 3
  2. cybeast

cybeast Freelancer Pun Maker

News Credits:
    I mean, I doubt there'll be any data so I'm just speaking from my experience ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

At least the packaging is going to change again.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 XYxInfinity

News Credits:
    Arguing over something that is a done deal? Also, Hb got burned with this business decision to "look" good without actually doing good (well doing good for the bottom line).

Just do the golden rule and be responsible stewards of the earth! Don't burn plastic. Don't throw waste anywhere. Etc etc. More often than not, doth who protest too much are actually the worst offenders.

All Hb wants is to profit. Not a bad thing because without their profits, we don't have TF. No TF then NO TFW website etc etc

• Like Like x 4
  4. SG Unicron

SG Unicron Well-Known Member

I remember the plastic they used for the windows on the WFC trilogy boxes had a recycling logo on it, so I assume they just returned to status quo there.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sunbow Prime

Sunbow Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    We would still have third parties making things.

• Like Like x 1
  6. THE-TRANSFORMER

THE-TRANSFORMER Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Haha, that sucks.

Amazon is a bit of an outlier... notorious for counterfeit or miss represented product. At least they have a good return policy (I think?). Also, Amazon shipments normally come all smashed up.

So yeah, no Amazon shenanigans from me. Actual online toy/popculture stores only. Still, to your point, I'm sure they aren't infallible.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 XYxInfinity

News Credits:
    Not TRansformers.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde ‎ ファイヤーコンボイ

News Credits:
    This is precisely the issue: this whole 'windowless packaging' thing was done as a big virtue signal, the best kind for these corporations: they get to look good and like they care about the environment without having to actually take actual steps towards doing something tangible about it, which would undoubtedly harm their bottom line.

It's the equivalent of those 'health conscious' people who drink a sugar free soda and then think they can eat anything.

• Like Like x 3
  9. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    Ah, I had no idea how any of that worked (truth be told, I had to Google what a "block chain" was). That is certainly dumb. Well, NFTs in general are dumb.

Exactly.

I'm talking about in general for everything, brick and mortar and online. Buying a closed box toy would be no different than the lottery you play buying a toy from an online store.

See above reply to BBJazz.

You're being purposely obtuse and it's very tiring. Changing the packaging to something sustainable and/easily recyclable is something on the corporate level that would be a change for everyone everywhere. Me not buying a toy is a change for just me. Hasbro isn't going to be like "Hey, that jru422 guy isn't buying anymore toys. We should make 99,999 of this toy instead of 100,000." Me not buying one does not change anything. The same about of toys are made using the same amount of plastic with the same amount of impact on the environment. If anything, me continuing to buy is probably the better idea, since at least then I know it will remain in my closet and out of a landfill.

If TFs were made to order? Then I might have some kind of impact.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  10. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    It would have to be everyone joining in and not buying. And that starts with one person...oneself. And then encourage others to do the same. It will ultimately be more effective than demanding Hasbro change a manufacturing process that will cost them money as a corporation.

The move to window free packaging was ultimately a cost saving measure with the added benefit of environmental PR. But once the shrink that resulted lower orders hit, they've gone back to what makes sense for them as a company. The only way to make them swing back again would be a general boycott with a clear message why.

Environmentalists can encourage Hasbro to go back without impacting their sales. But then, one might as well just shout at the sky.

• Like Like x 6
  11. cybeast

cybeast Freelancer Pun Maker

News Credits:
    Ultimately, if you really care about enviromental, the change must come from yourself first. Excusing "well it's not like they gonna make less toys" is not acceptable.

Like, IF, IF the plasticless packaging is a small step (which arguably does nothing as they change it back anyway), stop buying TF is also a small step, before you can start convincing anyone that you really do care about environment.

Otherwise, shouting "THINK OF THE EARTH!" While still buying things because "well it's not like they gonna make one less because of me not buying" just sounded like empty words.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 XYxInfinity

News Credits:
    And it is all done. Can't do anything about it.
    I'll also repeat a previous paraphrase of my post. Missing Link Convoy. Especially the OG toy homage, it's packaging is like everything that screams bad for the Earth!:ev: 
    I got one. Does that me me a bad person?
    It like sold out in all online JP sites.
    So a whole lot of "bad" collectors out there.
    I salute the ones who made the ultimate sacrifice of not getting one to teach TT not to encourage them :bowdown: 

• Like Like x 5
  13. Peaceful Soldier

Peaceful Soldier All Hail Megatron

News Credits:
    Bro, I love plastic, dunno what you're all talking about. Love to get a hint of that plastic crack.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde ‎ ファイヤーコンボイ

News Credits:
    Talk is cheap, anyone can say they'll do X or Y but generally if it gets in the way of their convenience or personal comfort they'll just keep doing what they normally do and to hell with the consequences. People love getting back pats for being a 'good person' without actually having to sacrifice or.... DO anything to actually help someone other than themselves. It's super easy to tell who's serious about actually doing something and those who are all talk: rather than take their word for it, let their actions do the talking for them.

"Windowless packaging' was a meme, some people fell for it and it went about as well as those who were skeptical of the whole thing said it would.

I kinda like @WishfulThinking's thinking: but I know it'd never catch on, because you know what's better than actually making changes in your life to decrease how wasteful you are? Being really loud and obnoxious about it while doing next to nothing but you still get to feel good about it from all the back-pats and likes! A boycott could possibly make Hasbro reconsider their current strategy, but who else is gonna buy their increasingly inferior-but-still-expensive products?? Not buying things you don't need is simply not an option!

I don't even know for sure if this whole announcement is even talking about the damn plastic windows LOL But the people who audibly defended it are so ass-blasted for being wrong they simply can't let it go and admit "okay yeah maybe that wasn't such a great idea" and NEED to fight this losing battle.

• Like Like x 5
  15. galvatran

galvatran Galvatran lives!

News Credits:
    Look, no one cares if you call yourself a bad person. That's on you.
    To project others as bad collectors for doing the same is poor form, uncalled for & unwarranted. That's all I have to say on the matter.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 XYxInfinity

News Credits:
    Pipopipopipo! D and D alert! And I don't mean dungeon!:lol 

17. Jahseykdhm

Jahseykdhm Well-Known Member

Could you please elaborate on the impact Tik Tok had on collecting? I must have missed the news completely.

18. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Face it, we're doomed.

News Credits:
    I think they are referring to the tik tok videos of people removing / stealing the heads from open-packaged toys

• Like Like x 3
  19. Jahseykdhm

Jahseykdhm Well-Known Member

Also, Hasbro should do what retailers on Aliexpress do and give the option of buying the figure without packaging. Should decrease the price and amount of plastic/cardboard at least by a little bit, right?

20. Vrillon77

Vrillon77 Well-Known Member

wait, full plastic inserts too? oh noe noe noe...this is going to ruin my current flatpacking strategy, and if I add one more box to my box fort, my closet will explode

• Like Like x 3