Transformers Oscar Nominations, Final Contenders, Announced

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Optimus Prime, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    visual effects FTW, but hard sell on the others.

2. PrimeSpark3417

PrimeSpark3417 Member

[​IMG]
    Kevin O’Connell on the left with Greg P Russell on the right​

Could this be Kevin O’Connell year for sound effects editing, I’d be very surprised if Oscar bumped him, he’s the only guy with the most Oscar, nominations this marks his 20th.

http://filmsounddaily.blogspot.com/2007/07/transformers.html

3. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:

Well, if you look at the overall list they've composed compared to the entire year of 2007, they were damn well picky and chosey about what movies they were going to Nominate. Half of the whole list is composed of Dramatic "Oscar Bait" Movies that came out after July and August (minus SheryBaby, which came out before then, lol :popcorn ). I mean, Resident Exil Extinction has some awesome cenimatography, the CGI utilized in the film was awesome, but nowhere near the likes of 300 and Transformers. The Effects in the Golden Compass and Spider-Man III could've been a little more polished, but they were great, and they totally ignored the CGI effects that went into making the Silver Surfer in Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. I mean, what the hell? Where were their heads when they did the chosing for this year?

Alas, I digress.