Transformers: One Animated Movie - 1st Trailer Launch Video

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Apr 18, 2024.

1. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Scale Charts are pointless.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Where's that "No fun allowed" horde trooper when you need him?

• Like Like x 3
  2. SquawkingtheTalk

SquawkingtheTalk Getting accused on the astrotrain express

We took him out back…

3. Rotek666

Rotek666 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hard Pass!

• Like Like x 1
  4. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Scale Charts are pointless.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah. Well.....damn.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Zoo

Zoo Yuh Mein

Ebay:
    too long XD

True, but like i said, it makes it more unique. I dont think ive seen a story be actively handicapped because of it.

i also disagree with the cyberverse thing, after season 1 he wasnt nearly as prominent, so like whats the pojnt. I think the radio voice was to emphasize the cluelessness and aloofness of amnesiac bee, and once he got his memory back it all kinda clicked back in place, including his ability to talk

• Like Like x 1
  6. WillShockwave

WillShockwave All Hail Megatron

Maybe it's a "present day" scene before jumping into Megatron and Prime's origin story

• Like Like x 2
  7. Transmario

Transmario Well-Known Member

I know right. If you don't like the trailer, don't have to watch the movie. Vote with your wallet. Also it's just a movie at the end of the day, it won't impact any of our lives in any meaningful way regardless

• Like Like x 10
  8. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Kinda give the game away here, chief.

Or there's some kind of vision of the future since Alpha Trion appears to be some kind of mystic. Wouldn't surprise me if there's others out there.

What's funny is part of the reason this movie is happening is because the financial response to Bee just wasn't there. Despite it being probably the best movie of the Bayverse and doing an excellent job of telling a focused story with a limited cast. So they went in a different direction, which is more closely tied to recent trends rather than trying to rekindle the magic of the 07 film.

One thing they're doing right is keeping the cast small. Our four heroes are the focus, the villains are seemingly either the Quints or whoever is in charge of Cybertronian society, and guys like Airachnid, Screamer, etc may have smaller roles for now.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Joltenheim

Joltenheim Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Transformers fans try not to hate everything their 'favorite' franchise puts out challenge (impossible)

• Like Like x 11
  10. ca12nag3

ca12nag3 Well-Known Member

That's not the point. They actually go back all the way to G1 and before that and just start retelling the story. So whatever new typ of Bee exists, this is another new one prior to whatever is in G1. So regurgitated the same character over and over.
    It's like we take Frodo baggins and toss him back to the beginning and start telling the story but now with jokes and gags and now instead of going to Moria, lets take another route!
    It is just parallel universe after parallel universe after parallel universe. It starts to get dull after a while.
    They do this with Spiderman too, and they learned that you shouldn't do it too soon after some failures and the new Spiderman movies were a success but the best one was the first. And that is the same with Transformers G1 is still the best because it is the original. So they can do whatever parallel universe stuff they want it will never top it.
    Now what they could do is expand, or make a pre-quell. Or heck even a story in the same universe but with new characters. But they won't. And we know why. It is too much of a risk. Selling Prime, Bee and Megatron toys is a sound model. At best they break even. But they recon it will be a proffit and it is all calculated. The big problem with modern media is all the boards of directors and goons that squeeze the pennies. They are not interested in bringing something special or something new. Nothing is groundbreaking anymore. And we just regurgitate the same formula for proffits. And it dulls the brain. You get the same effective gags and excitements over and over and you think wow what a great movie or show. But in reality you are watching the same thing over and over and over and over, just with different character names and place names. But it is the same thing. I just take this for what it is. But expect nothing groundbreaking from this.

11. AcademyofDrX

AcademyofDrX BM & IDW2 apologist, team clear windows

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I have a fandom where my personality is supposed to go, you take that back

• Like Like x 3
  12. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    I might be in the minority as I love the weirdness of Optimus Prime playing basketball, the autobots trying to become actors or the Decepticons opening a Stuio 54 like night club that was in G1 but I seen that as the bots trying to adjust to Earth life.

I find the humor in One to be a bit off since it’s a darker era in Cybertron. I also get Bee is one of the pillars of the franchise but I would have swapped him out for Jazz. Bee needs to the young character on an established Autobot team.

• Like Like x 4
  13. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Every story was handicapped by it. Bayverse and Transformers Prime. The best Bumblebee to come out of that era was Animated Bumblebee - who talked!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Olvacron22

Olvacron22 Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    With rotb last year and Tf:One now the transformers fandom is really reminding me of the Star Wars "fans".

• Like Like x 3
  15. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    You used that word. Now deal with the consequences! :D :p 

IMG_0838.gif

(I can never hear or read that word without thinking of this scene. So I have to share. Plus I’d like to lighten the mood after the last couple pages!)

• Like Like x 4
  16. Joltenheim

Joltenheim Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    I agree that Bee works best as a young-start character, I'm curious to see if this could become a Beast Machines Cheetor type of story where we get to see him mature throughout the film(s)

• Like Like x 2
  17. WillShockwave

WillShockwave All Hail Megatron

I just wanted to know where the part about "The ability of transform is part of a Cybertronian's biology" is?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Johnson the third

Johnson the third Well-Known Member

balding middle aged men? is that not right up the alley of most of the members here

• Like Like x 11
  19. GrandGalva

GrandGalva Combiner Haunt Leader

News Credits:
    I was very amused at what movie was next when watching the stream. Thanks YouTube! It was actually fun watching the countdown with my friend.

What's next.png

• Like Like x 1
  20. Boss Borot

Boss Borot A Pile of Scrap

The tone threw me off a bit, but I think I'm on board.
    My biggest hangup was the idea that this was going to be a "first transformation discovery" sort of thing with the t-cogs and whatnot, which does not feel right with Prime-Megs-etc. Instead it's just a way to subjugate them and it's specifically a "(re)gaining transformation to rise up against the Quintessons" thing, and I can dig that.
    And oh man, those TFPrime references? Those were totally Vehicons and Airachnid. WE BETTER GET A STUDIO SERIES AIRACHNID DAMMIT. I want her to join the regular cast the way Barricade (sort of) has.

Yeah, I'm fine with this. It looks FUN.

• Like Like x 3