Transformers: One Animated Movie - 1st Trailer Launch Video

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Apr 18, 2024.

1. BBJazz

BBJazz Well-Endowed Member

• Like Like x 6
  2. AcademyofDrX

AcademyofDrX BM & IDW2 apologist, team clear windows

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Is Keegan-Michael Key's Bumblebee performance cringe? Eh, maybe. Is it cringe to post a cap of your discord convo with a teenager? Definitely

Nothing against Discord or using text to communicate with your teen! I do that. It's the posting that's cringe.

• Like Like x 9
  3. Transmario

Transmario Well-Known Member

The more kid appealing nature is a good sign. The franchise really needs new fans. The nostalgia appeal is nice for existing fans but no 7 or even 12 year old knows who Armada Starscream is. I have a feeling the film will do well since it's not a serious bay like film and it's not releasing along side other giant blockbusters

• Like Like x 3
  4. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    If not liking this makes me "not a fan"... then I find it to be quite easy to live with.

• Like Like x 4
  5. ca12nag3

ca12nag3 Well-Known Member

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cybertron.

It's basically Transformers marvellized. It follows the same character gain powers with 4 of these and 1 of them turns bad heck they got Prime as Starlord and Elita as Gamora, Bee took all the goofiness too himself. Now this can be fun. For a broad audience. It will no doubt be a success as are the Bayverse movies. But why not make this with totally new characters? We seem to be stuck regurgitating the same characters, and this is not just with transformers. But with every other franchise. There is no risk taken by the IP owners. And the same old stuff gets done with old characters that are already established.

I'm kind of sad that be it fairy tales or comics we are stuck in a cycle where we keep regurgitating the same characters and basic plot until the original story is not even recognizable anymore.

• Like Like x 3
  6. GrimCharr

GrimCharr SciFi Geezer

I agree it's not for me, either… but I don't think you can say it's just for people who got into the IP recently. Cyberverse was for kids and was better than this. (Mostly…) Earthspark is for kids and is current. But this doesn't tie into that. Nor of the existing (and vast) toyline of Legacy.

It's an odd choice. I can dismiss it and say "ah, it's for kids." But a lot of kids are into the Transformers. And I suspect that they're puzzled by this as well.

7. Deadsled

Deadsled Energon Recovery

News Credits:
    I’m really hoping this is Gnaw
    IMG_0594.png

• Like Like x 1
  8. Leolim

Leolim Well-Known Member

So how does Bee pronounce Badassatron in Radio?

9. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Oof I swear every animated movie made by any studio are all just 'written' by the same people at this point. The same old predictable 'story' beats... the same old predictable modern day tween seeped vernacular / isms / jokes... the same old predictable pause then zinger! moments... the same old predictable character tropes and arcs over & over & over again... christ, even the trailer music with its low hanging fruit choice of the Stones AND that specific song is just more of the same thing for the billionth time -- no wonder these pandering box checking 'writers' are shitting bricks about AI taking their jobs considering how ridiculously low they keep the bar with these constant color-by-numbers scripts and 'stories'.

Not that it matters - children and the certain expected contingents of this fandom will still eat this up every bit as much as the BayBee-verse tripe and Hasbro will get to laugh to the bank as always, haha so I'll just go back to my corner to naively hope that one day there could still ever be a quality, well written / directed, legitimately good movie in this franchise for another several years. It's fine. Everything's fine.

• Like Like x 2
  10. GrimCharr

GrimCharr SciFi Geezer

Challenge: Can AI actually write something more compelling than this?

Prompt: Write a synopsis of a story utilizing the Transformers IP by drawing from the different cartoon series to depict a young Optimus Prime on Cybertron going on an adventure with Megatron before they became enemies.

ChatGPT
    Title: "Cybertron's Destiny: The Bond Between Optimus and Megatron"

Synopsis: In the heart of Cybertron, a young and idealistic Optimus Prime dreams of a world where Autobots and Decepticons coexist in harmony. Raised in the city of Iacon, Optimus has always believed in the power of unity and cooperation. However, his beliefs are put to the test when he meets the charismatic but troubled Megatron, a fellow Cybertronian who sees the world through a different lens.

As tensions rise between the Autobots and Decepticons, Optimus finds himself drawn into an unexpected adventure alongside Megatron. The two unlikely allies must set aside their differences and work together to uncover a hidden threat to Cybertron itself. Along the way, they encounter formidable challenges, including rogue Cybertronian factions, ancient relics with untold power, and the enigmatic guardians of Cybertron's past.

Despite their opposing ideologies, Optimus and Megatron form a bond forged through shared experiences and mutual respect. They come to understand each other's perspectives and the complexities of their world. Optimus learns that not all Decepticons are irredeemable villains, and Megatron discovers that not all Autobots are blind followers of the status quo.

Together, Optimus and Megatron uncover a plot orchestrated by a powerful entity seeking to plunge Cybertron into chaos and war. As they race against time to stop the impending disaster, they must confront their own doubts, fears, and inner demons. Along the way, they are joined by a diverse cast of Autobots and Decepticons, each with their own motivations and struggles.

Ultimately, Optimus and Megatron's journey leads them to a pivotal moment in Cybertron's history, where the fate of their world hangs in the balance. In a final showdown with the forces of darkness, they must make difficult choices that will shape the destiny of Cybertron and the future of all Cybertronians.

"Cybertron's Destiny: The Bond Between Optimus and Megatron" is a thrilling tale of friendship, betrayal, and redemption set against the backdrop of the Transformers universe. It explores the origins of two iconic characters and the events that set them on the path to becoming legendary leaders, destined to shape the fate of their world.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    A transformers film for my little pony fans. Pass.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    aka a 'summary'. A grade 3 reading comprehension assignment.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it's the "watch a franchise die" comment. Which is overly dramatic, for a franchise that already died at least twice before he was even born.

• Like Like x 6
  14. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Scale Charts are pointless.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Once again, nobody was talking crap about your son.

• Like Like x 1
  15. ScorponokIsHere

ScorponokIsHere He is Arrived Indeed

News Credits:
    this is the comment from this thread that's going to get shared around everywhere, i've found it

• Like Like x 6
  16. SquawkingtheTalk

SquawkingtheTalk Getting accused on the astrotrain express

GPT cooked

17. Joltenheim

Joltenheim Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    The phrase "Alpha Trion's Unikitty Mode" gives me life.

• Like Like x 8
  18. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Only twice? Every new series is supposedly what's going to kill it. I remember the meltdown over Animated's style change. I remember Armada being called "Pokeformers..." This franchise has died so many times that even a cat would be jealous.

It's really really funny seeing Bayverse fans crapping on One the same way they get mad about G1 fans crapping on Bayverse. Without a hint of irony, no less.

• Like Like x 10
  19. Galvacron 3

Galvacron 3 Well-Known Member

I'm liking this so far. Seems Orion and D-16 will help liberate Cybertron from the Quintessions like in G1 and the fact they're both worker bots is a new take on their origin.

I wasn't sold on Chris Hemsworth as Orion Pax but he's making it work.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Autobot N

Autobot N Wants a Legacy Sunstorm

Man I've missed the vitriol of movie news threads, this is great.

Honestly I'm not sure how I'm feeling about this so far. CGI is pretty good and I like most of the designs (not too big on Trion though). But I really hope the final movie isn't all jokes and no substance. I don't need a grimdark war story but I'd at least like something that knows when to take itself seriously.

I was a bit worried about Hemsworth as Pax beforehand, but I like his performance here. If anything, it's Megatron's voice actor I have an issue with now, I wish he had a bit of a deeper voice, although I guess he is supposed to be a young Megatron. I can forsee myself not liking Bumblebee in this movie, but oh well, someone had to be the kid appeal character.

• Like Like x 4