Transformers: One Animated Movie - 1st Trailer Launch Video

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Apr 18, 2024.

1. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    You, yes. But other fans look back fondly on that kind of thing.

upload_2024-4-18_13-58-50.jpeg

• Like Like x 11
  2. Chaos Studios

Chaos Studios Traditional Animator/Storyboard Artist

Trailer looks great, there's so much beautiful color in this that I have been yearning for, for years. It's just great to get an animated transformers film again

• Like Like x 3
  3. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Hard disagree. We've had "Bumblebee connecting and building trust with humans" stories before. They worked perfectly fine with him talking.

If it worked for you, that's fine. Glad you enjoyed it. But ultimately, Mute Bee basically just helped build a sellable soundtrack.

• Like Like x 5
  4. justiceg

justiceg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1) watched the trailer - this movie is *definitely* not for me, but I suspect it's not for any old school TF fan and more for people who got into the franchise in the last 20 or so years. Hasbro needs to expand the franchise beyond the geriatrics, so I totally get it.
    2) ^ the image above with Optimus toy dunking is phenomenal, and if this trailer had Optimus dunking on someone I'd probably be more in favor of it!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Toonstrack

Toonstrack #BringBackBoxBios

Considering almost no one posting here is the target audience for this trailer, im pretty sure someone at marketing who actually intended this trailer to be seen by its primary market and not us. Because we aren't that market.

I sent this trailer to my 14 year old cousin. His response and I quote: "Bro this is an amazing trailer this is like the transformers first time of learning how to transform themselves"

Thats the target audience. Not me; not you.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Hydro

Hydro Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm definitely holding out till I see the movie to make my full judgement, but I did not like the jokes and I hate their faces. Otherwise I'm pretty cool with it. I think the voices are better than I was expecting. Excited for Steve Buscemi of course.

I hope we get a lot of the background characters. I've been using WFC, BBM, and some Legacy for a prewar cast and I hope this movie can add more characters to those

7. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Cognitive ability of a rock

News Credits:
    This is directly addressed in the trailer when B-127 states that he's trying to decide on a nickname. They all start with a production number, and pick a name for themselves when they find one they like. That actually will probably line up really well when Megatron names himself after Megatronus

This is just theory/assumption on my part, but it seems like ancient Cybertronians could transform, but somehow then all lost their t-cogs. That would explain why they have the empty holes in their chests, and also why the old robot Alpha Trion pulled up 4 t-cogs that looked ancient

We need a good figure of this design asap. Those hollow wheel knees are insanely cool, and the way the legs end in spikes instead of feet

• Like Like x 1
  8. TaintedPiffy

TaintedPiffy Well-Known Member

No matter how the trailer turned out, this thread is *exactly* how I imagined it would be. Some (most?) of you are ridiculous.

• Like Like x 2
  9. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Heh. Geriatric...
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  10. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

The Damned Flatlands. (I need mountains!)
    All I can say is this looks far more mentally stimulating than any Bayverse movie I’ve suffered through, but I’ll of course reserve judgement until I actually watch the full film.

• Like Like x 3
  11. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    I don't know if goes all the way back to "ancient" times, but there's certainly something that isn't as common as it once were. My guess would be that Quints are involved and are granting *certain* Cybertronians with limited ability to transform for reasons that'll be made clear as the film goes on.

Prime and his group gaining Cogs allows them to transform more freely, and I'm guessing their goal will be to overthrow the Quints and restore Cybertronians natural transformation ability.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Opti772

Opti772 Well-Known Member

To me it's like "Hey, flesh creature that has nothing in common with us, come to our tree house.It's gonna be almost fun"

• Like Like x 4
  13. AcademyofDrX

AcademyofDrX BM & IDW2 apologist, team clear windows

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Why should they, nobody outside of fansites cares about what he has to say to begin with. Continuity is not a problem that needs to be solved; it's a problem that goes away when you ignore it.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Transmario

Transmario Well-Known Member

Hell yeah they do. He's just doing more harm than good. I can't tell you how frustrated I felt when I heard Noah randomly drop the line "So there is this beam that you guys can see but we can't" I was just like "Oh my god Lorenzo put that line in so it would make sense why no one would know about the Transformers in the first movie, you got to be kidding me" imagine if ROTB ended with a scene of megatron finding Earth and setting a course there. Would've been awesome but instead we got GI JOE because "Megatron is in the Hoover Dam"

15. Confused Millennial

Confused Millennial Well-Known Member

2023-4 have been absolutely killing it on the adult side (the comic book regularly appears at or near the top of the best ongoing books in any genre), so hopefully we have a killer family-friendly work as well. EarthSpark has been pretty good but it’s not doing nearly as well as it should IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  16. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    We can only hope this “fails” as much as Animated did. One of the all time great toy lines and shows, right up there with Beast Wars.

• Like Like x 11
  17. DerVernichter

DerVernichter Well-Known Member

Visually I very much like what I see, at there seems to be some chemistry between the main characters, so that's nice. The humor... could be better. Some of them got a smirk or two out of me, but for the most part it feels a little formulaic. Maybe it's the typical trailer format that makes them feel a little generic, but hopefully either the humor in the rest of the movie is a little better or the jokes are a little more spread out throughout the flick. That said, after how drab the Netflix show was, I'm willing to give this one (pun not intended) a try.

• Like Like x 1
  18. zeroomegazx

zeroomegazx I'm watching you...

News Credits:

thats interesting because this is from my 15 yr old son, and he's seen everything from G1 up:

upload_2024-4-18_15-11-2.png

• Like Like x 2
  19. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    After watching the trailer, I’m cautiously optimistic. It looks like it has good characterization and is fun. Plenty of humor in the trailer, but hopefully balanced by more serious moments. Although another TF sitcom might be a welcome change of pace after the doom and gloom slogfest that was Netflix War For Cybertron.

• Like Like x 4
  20. BBJazz

BBJazz Well-Endowed Member

I could maybe see that. I hope they explain what the explanation for "Orion Pax" was.

They would need to explain why so many other characters can transform already then.