Transformers: One Animated Movie - 1st Trailer Launch Video

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Apr 18, 2024.

1. GrimlockPrime19

GrimlockPrime19 I'm in my Prime

News Credits:
    Right? They are so generic

• Like Like x 3
  2. dj_convoy II

dj_convoy II Remix!

News Credits:
    The flippant nature of the dialogue... I dunno. It's just very much not for me. Hope those who are into it like it.

• Like Like x 6
  3. SaiyanBot

SaiyanBot Well-Known Member

IMG_3013.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  4. RazorX3000

RazorX3000 Cybertronian Monkey

News Credits:
    According to John Campea, the trailer doesn't really do the film justice considering he attended Cinemacon and saw about six minutes of the train sequence. He emphasized that if he just saw the trailer then he probably wouldn't have been as on board with the concept.

• Like Like x 7
  5. GrimlockPrime19

GrimlockPrime19 I'm in my Prime

News Credits:
    It's how it should be nowadays, but G1 fans kept asking for them to act goofy like in G1 and now they got it

• Like Like x 1
  6. Boople Barp

Boople Barp Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Ok? I'm glad? I don't really even know what you are arguing now.

7. zeroomegazx

zeroomegazx I'm watching you...

News Credits:
    if thats the case than it begs the question: who thought that trailer the way it was done was a good idea? I've seen some cringe stuff but thats up there let me tell you.

• Like Like x 7
  8. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Citation needed. I know for a fact that's something I never once in my life asked for.

• Like Like x 6
  9. W-P38

W-P38 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the animation, for the most part. I guess I was hoping for a slightly different tone. I don’t know, not everything has to be a joke, you know?

Truth is, I’m not sure what I was expecting. My personal dream TF movie project would be Takara licensing a Japanese anime studio for the development of a Transformers feature film that, in addition to having that aesthetic, would also have a little more of an edge.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Hadar Sen Olmen

Honestly, I think this is one "former friends inevitably turned enemies" take I think I might like.

Previously, they weren't really on equal footing. Orion's position put him in a far less hazardous and more respectable social status, while Megatron was the laborer consigned to work until his spark gave out, to be replaced by another just like him. Here, they're in the same boat, expendable low class cogs in a machine, in a system that doesn't care about either of them beyond the physical work they can do.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Illiterate Scholar

Illiterate Scholar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Trailers being awful isn't new. We have trailers that either give away important plot points to trailers over emphasizing humor for a long time.

• Like Like x 3
  12. zeroomegazx

News Credits:
    yeah not once since i started consuming TF media in 1984 have i ever, EVER, said to myself - ya know what this is missing? crude average annoying comedy. Blurr and the Junkions were enough. Though some of the actual stupidity of TF 2000/RiD was tolerable in strides but nothing i wanted more of or felt was missing.

• Like Like x 6
  13. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    I think what he's saying is people wanted things to be more like G1 and forgot that included things like Grimlock in an apron and Prime dunking on Tracks.

What I'm curious to see is if it's always been that way. The trailer shows them both being workers seemingly from the start, but I wonder if one won't have recently been thrown in while the other has been there longer. Or they meet for the first time while both being banished to the mines for different reasons.

Both situations would set them up nicely to have a similar goal at first (liberate Cybertron) while their different experiences would eventually drive them apart once their opinions of how to get there (and what it would look like once liberated) clashed.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Transmario

Transmario Well-Known Member

Mark my words there will be some kinda overly forced in line or detail in the movie specifically meant to make it connect to the Bay films in someway that totally was a Lorenzo decision since he can't allow his almost 20 year old continuity to simply rest in peace

15. AcademyofDrX

AcademyofDrX BM & IDW2 apologist, team clear windows

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Even if the mute idea was bad, Bumblebee dramatizes it very well. You have a literal problem--Bumblebee can't communicate with an alien--that also becomes a kind of stand-in for cultural expression and communication. Charley isn't just teaching Bee how to talk, she's teaching him how she feels. That opens up a two-way street of human-Cybertronian understanding that otherwise doesn't exist. (Contrast too with the Decepticons and Cena's character, where the communication is all too easy but there's nothing deeper, no trust.)

That's the core of Transformers to me. It's Jazz trying to understand human culture through music, Hound appreciating an organic natural creation he couldn't imagine. Bumblebee's inability to speak doesn't hinder that kind of story, it makes it the whole story.

• Like Like x 8
  16. zeroomegazx

News Credits:
    that stuff was short and sweet comic relief, what ONE looks to be is 90% comic relief 10% i dont even know what.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Maybe.
    Truth be told, even as a kid I found those things to be unnecessary and even off-putting.

• Like Like x 8
  18. PrimusMaximus04

PrimusMaximus04 Gimme fuel, Gimme fire, Gimme that which I desire!

News Credits:
    Is…. Is that slipstream?….
    IMG_4722.jpeg

19. GrimCharr

GrimCharr SciFi Geezer

I was thinking about how very generic it is. It's like someone had ChatGPT write a generic Transformers movie aimed at being a puree of every kids' movie that has come out in the past five years.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Hadar Sen Olmen

I swear, someone higher up in the chain needs to tell him to shut up. The franchise is built on rebooting itself with some regularity, the movies really should be no different.

• Like Like x 2