Transformers: One Animated Movie - 1st Trailer Launch Video

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Apr 18, 2024.

1. zeroomegazx

zeroomegazx I'm watching you...

News Credits:
    show me where Orion Pax was mentioned in regular other than an obscure reference between 1984-2000s

• Like Like x 1
  2. mrdecepticon

mrdecepticon Decepticon Leader

I watched the trailer and like what I see overall. I'm interested to see where they go with it, what happens, what's the story of characters like Starscream who we got a glimpse of. Yeah I'm excited for this ha, trailer did it's job

• Like Like x 3
  3. Galvatron2000

Galvatron2000 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    I have mixed feelings. I thought the designs were going to be worse.

I liked that they have a first design and after meeting Alpha Trion they change for the better.

The animation looks amazing, and apparently the action scenes will have great movement with good choreography.

Regarding humor, it's fine, it's a movie aimed at the little kids. But with this image of Megatron:
    [​IMG]

it gives me that vibe that the dark tone will be very captivating.

I find some designs inspired by previous works interesting.

For example this:

[​IMG]

I found it very similar to Long Haul and Brawl
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also loved seeing the design of Bee with a mask and a clear homage to GoldBug
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The scene of Elita 1 in action reminded me a lot of what Travis Knight showed in Bumblebee. I'm sure she will be one of my favorites.

And finally regarding the plot, being a film with a unique story, I think they are going to go the easiest way, and which will have some connection with the G1 story in the end.

• Like Like x 7
  4. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    I not only meant that but they also ACT as your typical "funny movie guy". I just prefer Transformers to behave as strange beings from another planet.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Transmario

Transmario Well-Known Member

Believe me, I really want to. Said as much when discussion of the ROTB was happening. The problem is LORENZO won't move on and keeps butting into the movies and forcing them to make changes so they can work as prequels that the filmmakers don't want to. Until that man leaves, he will continue to do such

• Like Like x 1
  6. zeroomegazx

News Credits:
    Here are your ORION PAX references. he wasnt mentioned after G1 for a VERY long time. so for over 20 years his past really wasnt mentioned and when he was it was the reference to G1 that included aerial. thats obscure

upload_2024-4-18_14-37-25.png

• Like Like x 1
  7. Quickwing

Quickwing Devasia Mentality

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I was already getting "nope" vibes before the trailer started. Then the trailer started and the vibe didn't go away, then the "badassatron" line came up and I clocked out.
    Not the problem, the problem is they act like humans. It seems to be such a completely lost concept after the franchise having gone on for ages but as the transformers are mechanical life forms I kinda wouldn't expect them to act like frat boys several million/billion years before they even come into contact with our species.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Boople Barp

Boople Barp Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Take your pick. Aligned, Wings, IDW, G1, several toys. Thh first three epsiodes of Prime s2 are named after him. It ain't obscure comparatively, and it just serves a bigger purpose than making a big deal of calling Elita Ariel. This is about three of the biggest characters becoming who we know them as, and that means not doing that for literally everyone else they know as well. This is how you get unfocussed movies.

....so you looked it up, realized Pax actually is way more common in the franchise, and moved the goalpost. Now he needs to be referenced evenly across all 40 years? Pff.

I'll be honest, the biggest reason I think they shouldn't do it isn't even the obscurity. A 1.5 hour movie can't devote time to side characters like that. It's a poor idea.

• Like Like x 3
  9. zeroomegazx

News Credits:
    I just pasted you the inclusion of Pax in media, he is a very obscure reference for MOST of transformers history/media unless you are a hardcore fan and even then he was obscure for almost 20 years. I bet 10 energon goodies i could take a video here at work and ask everyone if they know who Optimus is and who Pax is and ppl would only recognize optimus.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ScorponokIsHere

ScorponokIsHere He is Arrived Indeed

News Credits:
    upload_2024-4-18_14-41-55.png

• Like Like x 5
  11. GrimCharr

GrimCharr SciFi Geezer

Not for me. And that's OK. Most stuff isn't…

But. It feels like the studio wants to make a fun, generic kids movie. And they just use a well-known IP and are having their four generic characters walk around in well-known skins.

It honestly looks like a trailer for a Jumanji type of game. Or Fortnite, but less fun.

I mean there is Earthspark out there already which is aimed for a kid demographic. And there has been this whole Legacy toyline that hasn't had any media for it. For kids who like Transformers, they already have a glut of stuff they're watching on YouTube, etc., from G1 on up. But no story or media to tie all that together in a way that would translate to involving the Legacy toys that are out and in the hands of kids. There is the new comic universe which is also its own continuity. Not even getting into the Live-Action movies, which are their own things, and also not clear how much they are in canon with one another…

I find it strange.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Hadar Sen Olmen

Okay so I've been thinking about this.

Some of the jokes don't really land. The one at the start, with Orion trying to make small talk and D-16 rebuking him, only to go off anyway, that got a bit of a chuckle. I was less enthusiastic about following it up immediately with B-127 and "Badassatron." In fact, I don't really like most of the humor surrounding Bee in the trailer. Like I guess I found it kind of funny that he gets a little too into the action and makes a mess where he didn't need to, but otherwise?

What we can get of the plot, I actually really like what they're going for.

Cybertonian civilization driven underground (tying in nicely with the underground cities in other continuities and the background given by Beast Machines), the surface appears ruled by the Quintessons, who the Cybertronians appear subservient to. Quintessons rule the planet and use the Cybertronians as slave labor beneath the surface -- judging by what looks like a meeting between a Quintesson emissary and a Cybertronian one, there may be some kind of deal in place, and the old space squids aren't happy with the events unfolding in the film. This is making a lot of assumptions based on what little we're actually shown, but it makes a for a compelling narrative.

Especially in how it relates to Megs.

It stands out that he's the one who apparently tries to argue against going to the surface. The scenes showing him finding the giant Decepticon (Tarn? The Fallen? A statue?) and the ominous shots of him give an interesting look at his arc. The menial laborer who was once destined solely to work and die for a system in which he's nothing more than another cog in the machine, discovers the truth of their world's history and what their kind used to be. And, perhaps, along the way, learning what they're truly capable of and what was denied to him for so long, sets him on the path of "restoring Cybertron to glory."

• Like Like x 5
  13. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

I think this looks good .... looks great visually. Hopefully kids dig it.

I hope there are a lot of bots in this beyond the main 4 cast.

• Like Like x 1
  14. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    So I don’t think we know who Steve Buscemi voices. I feel like he is Starscream.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Boople Barp

Boople Barp Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    I am not seeing your point in that. Most people don't know who any of these characters are. Asking random people you know isn't poriving anything of value. I personally believe all of Transformers lore is relatively obscure to the rest of the world.

16. BBJazz

BBJazz Well-Endowed Member

I don't think I'd mind it so much if it were a purely creative choice, but the reason Bee can't talk is because Michael Bay wanted to put more attention on his human cast, a creatively bankrupt decision that I genuinely despise. Originally Bumblebee was meant to be a prequel to the 2007 Bay film, so they had to explain why he lost his voice in Bumblebee.

If Bee losing his voice was in-service of the story, I'd probably be okay with it. As is, they removed a lot of his ability to express his thoughts and feelings purely as setup for a different movie that I already dislike. While I don't hate Bumblebee as a movie by any means, I feel shafted by its decision making. Usually when people say they like that movie, they're talking about the very beginning and the very end.

• Like Like x 1
  17. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    I dunno why this is the hill you've chosen to die on. It's not unusual a movie about how he became Prime would have him go by a different name given the franchise's history. "Orion Pax" has been what they've used and trademarked. Sure, they could have come up with something new, but why?

Meanwhile, Aerial/Ariel? Sure, it's been used a few times. But there's a much bigger company who's currently using that name for a MUCH more popular character. So they could either come up with a new name or just have her always be Elita.

Because even if the character took off like a rocket, at best you'd have a long running brand confusion when people think of "Ariel."

And why poke that bear when your company is also working with Disney over on the Marvel/Star Wars side?

• Like Like x 2
  18. zeroomegazx

News Credits:
    you'd be surprised how many people where i work come in for this or than and notice my bots on my desk and recognize the flavor of the week bots/cons and even gundam i have on my desk.

19. GrimlockPrime19

GrimlockPrime19 I'm in my Prime

News Credits:
    I was really expecting you to say some G1 fans actually like Bayverse. You said the opposite lol

• Like Like x 1
  20. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks decent. Some of the jokes landed. Some didn’t. No biggie. The action looked real good. That move Elita pulled, sliding in & stealing that rifle was great. A nice highlight.
    I liked seeing the robotic wildlife. Hopefully Cybertron is suitably weird and alien. Love to see more of that.

I will personally always prefer an origin story, where OP & Megatron weren’t friends, but there’s so many different origins for those guys by now. They were going to have to pick something & there’s always going to be people that wanted something different.

But I’m still interested. I’m far more interested in this than anything live action right now.

• Like Like x 9