Transformers: One Animated Movie - 1st Trailer Launch Video

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Apr 18, 2024.

1. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    Just watched the trailer. Aside from the cringey attempts at "humor", I really dislike how much they try to portray Cybertronians as normal humans, we are talking about a goddamn alien race!

• Like Like x 7
  2. Transmario

Transmario Well-Known Member

If it was actually over, Megatron wouldn't have been cut from the Bumblebee movie and the Transwarp beam wouldn't have been invisible to just humans. Those decisions were clearly made to allow the movies to connect to the bay films specifically

3. GrimlockPrime19

GrimlockPrime19 I'm in my Prime

News Credits:
    Exactly! And it's not like kids wouldn't watch a robot movie because it doesn't have stupid childish jokes in it. Hell we all watched the live action movies as kids and they were nothing kid friendly

He used the word seem, didn't he?

• Like Like x 1
  4. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    I don’t know why but I’m wasn’t woo’ed by this.

Tonally it’s fun and playful. It also seems to show love for a lot of era of the franchise.

In some ways the vibes for this is the closest to G1.

5. PrimusMaximus04

PrimusMaximus04 Currently obsessed with the Alfa Romèo Montréal

News Credits:
    For those who are wondering, these signs written in Cybertronian translate into:

HALS BAR
    IMG_4717.jpeg
    M
    I
    N
    E

IMG_4718.jpeg
    and this one says “IACON 5000”

Last edited: Apr 18, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
  6. GrimlockPrime19

GrimlockPrime19 I'm in my Prime

News Credits:
    Exactly! Everything is just so beautiful, but their faces and humanoid bodies... I expected they would go more mech than human like

Not just that, but all their bodies are so detailed in a crazy level, but the faces are plain simple

• Like Like x 3
  7. Johnson the third

Johnson the third Well-Known Member

one cant fit into either timeline
    and how is the opening of rotb in the bayfilm timeline

8. zeroomegazx

zeroomegazx I'm watching you...

News Credits:
    enough so that they decided to make an entire MOVIE based on optimus prime's name and life before he was optimus prime. that before this was an 'obscure piece of trivia'

• Like Like x 3
  9. Leolim

Leolim Well-Known Member

Time travel and the timeline has been altered so the Bay movies doesn’t exist anymore.

• Like Like x 2
  10. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    Well yes because the Bee movie was originally a prequel to the Bay films, but it’s not. They may take some inspiration from the Bay films (like Primes mouth in ROTB) but that doesn’t make them part of the Bay continuity. No matter the amount blustering and excuse making that people like di Bonaventura does, the Bay films are over and done with. Not entirely sure how the Transwarp beam being invisible to humans establishes a connection to the Bay films but alright.

• Like Like x 8
  11. Impish

Impish New Member

I have to say, this is a breath of fresh air to me. I thought this was going to be yet another attempt to one up The War Within and War for Cybertron in the angsty origin story department. Those are not bad stories, but they've been told endless times and it gets worse each time they try to tell that story. Instead, finally, we get an attempt to do something new in a Transformers film. Definitely has Illumination/Sony Animation/Dreamworks vibes and that's a good thing.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

It's very Disney-fied. Like Paw Patrol meets Guardians of the Galaxy.

I was under the impression this was go to be connected to the Bayformers/Bumblebee movies. I guess it's not?

• Like Like x 1
  13. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

First off, DO NOT lump all G1 fans as Bayverse haters, as that is not true. There are fans from throughout the Transformers Universe who simply do not like bayverse.
    Second, I see plenty of bayverse fans bring up the bay films and toys.
    Lastly, not everyone (across all Transformers Universes) are going to like this film. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

Personally, this film is not for me. Bee's voice is way too mature, and Meg's voice just sounds wrong. To me, this is coming off as a cheesy buddy film. Again, just my own opinion.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Uncle Sixshot

Uncle Sixshot Well-Known Member

I'm a geewunner and I like what I see. This is just G1 but with a bit more detail and a new coat of CGI paint.

15. Joburg Guy

Joburg Guy Occasional poster, serial lurker

Yup, this is not for me. You kids enjoy. I\'d be embarrassed to buy a ticket for this. Even accompanying a child. I\'ll stick to the comics for now.

• Like Like x 4
  16. zeroomegazx

zeroomegazx I'm watching you...

News Credits:
    Pixar meets Rescue bots

its only connected to the bay movies in that it advertises to anyone but the core audience and will end up being sub par

• Like Like x 2
  17. Optimalprimal

Optimalprimal Diecast construction. It's a lost art.

Easiest thing in the world is to ignore Lorenzo. Bayverse doesn't inspire the level of hatred in me that it seems to in others; I love the first one for example, and the rest were of differing levels of quality. But I put them in their own little universe and put the Knightverse in theirs and I'm all the happier! ;) 
    As for TF One, I'm not running to the theater for it, pounding on the door, but I'll give it a see when it comes out. Looks harmless enough, and if nothing else, I'm not an idiot. I learn from my mistakes. I lifted my nose at TFA and Cyberverse, and, boy was I wrong. So I'm not going to go around being arrogant enough to think I know better and keep myself from missing something good because it doesn't look like what I expected.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Transmario

Transmario Well-Known Member

The transwarp beam being invisible was made to explain why the general public wouldn't know about the existence of Transformers in the first bay film. Cause if they could've seen the beam and Unicron, everyone on the planet would know about their existence by the time the first movie took place.

19. Zoo

Zoo Yuh Mein

Ebay:
    its over bro move on

Yeah those daves are off putting. Not a huge fsn orherwis its not terrible

he said or

• Like Like x 1
  20. Boople Barp

Boople Barp Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Pax is used constantly. Pax has had whole story arcs. Ariel featured prominently in...Wings and one epsiode of G1? Pretty obscure. It would basically just be getting shoehorned in for no reason. A name change and upgrade would be quite the time investment for a side character, so I just don't see what it would do for the film except please fans that want to recognize references. Which in and of itself isn't really what I would call entertainment.

Pax works for the movie, Ariel is pointless.
    See, you say "seems", then compare it to things we know for sure. The comparison wasn't to promo material of other works, it was to whole completed projects. We do not have enough information to do that kind of analysis. Even if the movie is a fail, we don't know that yet, and what I see doesn't scream fail to me.

• Like Like x 1