Transformers: One Animated Movie - 1st Trailer Launch Video

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Apr 18, 2024.

1. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    Trailers aren’t a cliff notes version of the movie. They’re an advertisement.

2. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    An animated movie about toys that is designed to appeal to kids and their parents. I’m shocked I tells ya, shocked!

Anyway, looked fun and I genuinely hope it is. I’m down to see more even if I never collect the toys.

• Like Like x 5
  3. BBJazz

BBJazz Well-Endowed Member

I like jokes. I just like good jokes.

Fbpk4CQUIAAv3GW.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  4. zeroomegazx

zeroomegazx I'm watching you...

News Credits:
    and yet multiple times after 5 faces of darkness we see OLDER cybertronians that can transform.........

• Like Like x 1
  5. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok, I didn't love it and I definitely understand the complaints about tone I'm seeing but I think it looks fun. As much as I'd love a more serious, adult Transformers film or series (ideally adapting or at least inspired by the IDW canon), I certainly wasn't expecting that for this. I'm not a big fan of how the faces look (but hey, they're better than the noseless TFP faces) but other than that I like the animation and designs, the voices sound good for the most part, and I'm liking what they've shown so far for the story. The humor was very hit-or-miss and definitely felt too 'Illumination-y' for my tastes at points, but I thought I was going to hate the humor in the Super Mario Bros movie too (an actual Illumination movie) based on the trailers and I ended up really enjoying that.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ArcanielRE3

ArcanielRE3 Honorary Autobot

Which is why I said:
    "A trailer is supposed to give you a cliffnotes of what to expect from the movie."

Reading comprehension is in short supply.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's actually fair. Even when I came in to basically agree with him, I had to do so while first acknowledging that the movie did a lot that was great. I hate that movie but I can't deny that what it did, it did extremely well and, from an objective view (meaning not clinging to my own view of the characters from previous shows) it was a quality product. I still didn't like it, though, and I'm really not a fan of taking established characters and lore and throwing it all out of the window so that it'll better fit the story you want to tell. If you want to tell a story that doesn't fit the established lore, why not do it from scratch rather than taking an existing franchise and forcing it to fit your story?

Having said that, I will admit to some hypocrisy as there are plenty of these alternate universe takes that I actually do enjoy so what I'm really upset about is when they change things in a way that doesn't fit my sensibilities and yes, that is kinda childish.

8. Buzzclaw

Buzzclaw Combatibot

Ebay:
    Liked:
    G2 Dreadwing
    The "vehicons"
    Bee's battlemask look (will 1000% buy especially if the toy is actually gold)

Disliked:
    The quips
    90% of the jokes
    The editing (esp. the Bee crash, since it's a clear splice of Pax/D-16 into a scene where they're Prime/Megs)

9. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

In the comic they were created by Primus and always had the ability to transform. Personally, I consider the mythology of the comics to be superior but that's just me. I will admit, though, that in recent years I have come to appreciate the idea of the transformers coming from humble beginnings (slaves for quintessons) and making something greater of themselves rather than some divine appointment from a diety.

But then the cartoon has unicron come from some furry little incel so I still prefer the mythology of the comic overall.

• Like Like x 7
  10. Blam320

News Credits:
    You’re one to talk when you’re clearly short on media literacy.

11. zeroomegazx

News Credits:

well that explains an awful lot about why this turned out the way it did

• Like Like x 2
  12. Boople Barp

Boople Barp Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    The fandom spends more time picking over these particulars than the writers did. Does any of this actually matter, or prove any particularly salient point? The superhero discussion just seems like it has devolved into pedantics.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Vurveyann

Vurveyann Fein

I think I prefer Badassitron, personally.

• Like Like x 6
  14. guarayakha

guarayakha Guara-guara-booyakha~!

I kinda like the different take of the lore, and the designs are ok.
    Though I'd still prefer something more serious with bits of subtle jokes here and there like TF:p rime, because personally I'm done with the MCU-ish kind of humor, which felt almost too formulaic to me after having seen so many movies with that kind of comedic timing. I dunno, maybe the 3rd act will blow our minds and reveals that the Airrachnid we saw is actually the same one from TF:p rime who jumped through space time via a faulty space bridge, or something.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

I mean, I guess it's a pick your poison sorta thing. Personally I'll take an undeveloped hero like Rhinox who I can at least assume from context is probably a pretty chill guy over a developed hero like Hound who murders unfamiliar life forms on sight just because he thinks they look ugly. But whichever you prefer, either way it's a big reason why a lot of people would prefer one over the other.

16. BBJazz

BBJazz Well-Endowed Member

Psychotic take

• Like Like x 4
  17. zeroomegazx

News Credits:
    why not just create a new IP instead of beating a dead horse, all of the media industry is stuck in this mode of constant 'soft reboots' and thats why people get upset. you take established lore/characters/IP and just milk the everloving god out of it until its nothing that it once was. WE NEED NEW IP

• Like Like x 2
  18. 20thc3nturybl003s

20thc3nturybl003s Behold, my profile... of DOOM!

I have watched the G1 cartoon, and I'm pretty sure they didn't transform 'til after they banished the Quintessons.

• Like Like x 1
  19. ArcanielRE3

ArcanielRE3 Honorary Autobot

Because I didn't like a trailer? lol

• Like Like x 3
  20. Blam320

News Credits:
    Transformers has been hard rebooting itself since the 90s. The heck are you talking about?

• Like Like x 4