Transformers: One Animated Movie - 1st Trailer Launch Video

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Apr 18, 2024.

1. Cosmosis

Cosmosis Well-Known Member

It could also be him, but honestly this dude doesn't look nearly blue enough. Or like he turns into a jet

• Like Like x 1
  2. dechaser

dechaser Member

As someone who grew up watching Transformers in the 80s, and read a lot of the IDW comics, not excited for this and totally misses the mark in terms of what I was hoping for.

However, if Hasbro is looking for a new generation of fans or getting young kids into Transformers, i think this will be great for them and maybe get things going again in terms of toylines, which I feel little kids aren't really into as much and are not as affordable.

As someone in their 40s and having collected the action figures for a while, it would have been great to get something more mature, something along the lines of the NETFLIX series' and some of the IDW comic runs, but just way more professionally done. The origin/backstory is the perfect premise. Movie CGI would have been nice, but its not a deal breaker.

But the very kid friendly tone and childish characterization (at least in the trailer), really detracts from the seriousness of Optimus and Megatron we've seen in the original cartoons, or even recent ones like Prime or the Netflix series.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    The button pelvis is cool too

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Whoa, I just noticed that someone took away TFOne Soundwave's entire midsection. Looks almost like movie Barricade.

5. St Firebringer

St Firebringer PB&J bones

I thought about that too…then it looked like he has jet-feet. That and OP/D need jetpacks, thinking jet-feet aren’t std kit. Unless this fellow is a Transformer while OP/D are workers.

6. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    That's a fun looking trailer. As a self-professed G1-loyalist to the bitter end, I think this evokes Prime vibes which I throughly enjoyed.
    This looks like a movie for my kids and I will likely enjoy it also. Simply put, it appears fun and gives an exciting vibe.

• Like Like x 2
  7. MrFooze

MrFooze Member

You need to rewatch G1. The Autobots had to learn how to transform to be able to fight the overwhelming power of the Decepticons by using stealth. The 'cons couldn't transform at first either, so no, the Cybertronians haven't transformed since their creation.

• Like Like x 4
  8. zeroomegazx

zeroomegazx I'm watching you...

News Credits:

This is the movie you're trying to defend this stuff with? This was horrible especially what they did to splinter

9. Liege maximo

Liege maximo Well-Known Member

Btw, I am surprised myseld: I do rather prefer some metalic face we saw in the movies instead of fluid metal human face. But this is how I imagined robots while reading Isaac Asimov stories. And Cybertron really reminds me the Cave of steel. And TF? Well, that's why I do like what I am watching.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SaberZ

SaberZ Well-Known Member

Please don't suck. Please don't suck.

This movie looks gorgeous, and if SS Optimus is anything to go off of the designs look like they'll at least make for some fun figures if nothing else.

I'm a bit worried this movie is going to suffer from MCU humor, but I'm assuming they made this trailer more jokey to appeal to kids cus outside of Bumblebee and some scenes, this movie does look fairly serious. Though either way, if they maintain a good balance and not go full Love and Thunder, I think I can tolerate it, especially after the Netflix show which shows what happens when you try too hard to be serious. Just please no innuendos, we've had more than enough of that from these movies.

All around this looks a lot more promising than ROTB ever did imo.

• Like Like x 2
  11. RetrogradeMercury

RetrogradeMercury Well-Known Member

Some adult TF fans get real cynical and dismissive when this kids franchise caters directly to kids.

This trailer has some generic humor and tropes and I’m not super in love with the celebrity VAs, but I see potential here.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Cosmosis

Cosmosis Well-Known Member

Congratulations, you just completely invalidated your opinion!

• Like Like x 7
  13. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

I think "quirky" isn't the right word to describe the difference in humor (or it's not a descriptive enough word). 1980s kids and 2020s kids have a different sense of humor, and so G1 had situational gags, running gags, and things being funny due to absurd juxtapositions (a robot playing basketball, a robot falling in love with a human and smacking her around when she gets clingy, a robot T-Rex who gets flustered when someone kisses him on the nose, Hoist and other TFs acting in a big budget movie while the director keeps mistakenly calling him Moist, etc) while modern humor is much more about things like high energy randomness, quips, meta humor, and especially bathos (we got several bathos moments in the TF: One trailer...I don't remember much bathos, if any, in G1).

That being said I don't think the type of humor matters nearly as much as the ratio of humor to seriousness, which we still don't know.

14. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    I think we're over-analyzing a random robot design in a movie where they're all pretty stylized to minimize the kibble you'd expect from a more traditional robot TF design.

15. ArcanielRE3

ArcanielRE3 Honorary Autobot

Of course you can't literally experience the movie through a trailer. That is not my point. A trailer is supposed to give you a cliffnotes of what to expect from the movie. Most trailers actually do accomplish this, contrary to popular belief. The trailers for the recent Godzilla x Kong film presented it as a goofy spectacle with the monsters front-and-center. Guess how that movie turned out?

And this trailer was actually closer to 3 minutes. There is a sizable amount of both plot and character beats addressed within (from Orion and D-16 meeting B, to their motivation of getting to the surface of Cybertron and being able to transform). Its fairly comprehensive, and based on said trailer, I made my judgement. I feel that's fair.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Starcron

Starcron Well-Known Member

I wonder if Orion/Optimus will ever wear his facemask or if it's just Bumblebee. If they do this to Prime why not do it to Soundwave you know.

17. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    Feels like a shitty MCU movie with Transformers. Not vibing with the tone at all. I'll still probably watch it in the theater but my interest has diminished greatly after watching that trailer.

• Like Like x 2
  18. nutnut

nutnut Well-Known Member

Just seen the trailer. It actually looks promising. Interesting art style. 

• Like Like x 1
  19. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    Probably, judging from the toy.

20. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    Sorry man, wrong answer. Watch Five Faces of Darkness, part 4. Explains they did not intially have the ability to Transform. Once this ability was acquired, it is then possible future generations were automatically given the power to do so.

• Like Like x 3