Transformers: One Animated Movie - 1st Trailer Launch Video

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Apr 18, 2024.

1. Sunst0rm

Sunst0rm Do you realize??

2. NewtypePrimus

NewtypePrimus Plastic crack addict

Instagram:
    I thought this was supposed to be like the opening to bumblebee. The comedy kills the whole tone. I guess why you target kids you can\'t have serious or edgy themes. Pathetic. 

• Like Like x 1
  3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Maybe this movie is gonna win me over as a whole, but right now I'm really focused on the things in this trailer I didn't like. It feels like an extremely unoriginal, unambitious story/structure/set of characters, and I don't think it had to be. Like someone pulled out the 'formula' for a kids move from their screenwriting 101 course, hammered the transformers aesthetic and a concept to show what Optimus and Megatron were like at the start of their story into that formula instead of coming up with a new creation. Rather than looking at the characters we're working backwards on, what is important to them in the 'future' and what makes them special and who they are, and then trying to figure out the seeds that grew out of, it more feels like the writers tried to go with something 'safe' and familiar to a lowest common denominator. So we have an odd couple who learn to work together when their story, which forces them together at the bottom rung of society (despite one of them having big dreams and the other coming to realize they want more) and then plunges them and their people into peril as they try to escape their station, to be granted special powers by 'fate' (or a mentor) that they then need to use to save everyone and show they were destined for greatness after all. And then the relationship they forged decays/becomes corrupted and they turn on each other. Even for kids films, there's usually something more/deeper than just that heroic journey in the films that stand out.

This isn't to say archetypical stories CAN'T work, but I'm not sure there will be enough meat on the bone to overcome this being a movie that everyone's seen a dozen times before, even if it does feature robots from space. I'd like to be proven wrong, and have the little things that appealed to me (the action choreography, the little design details like the 'hollow' chests, etc.) turn out of be signs of life for a film that comes together into something great overall.

You've only been here like 3 months though?

This is like the sixth time you've made this same joke post this week and the third time you've made in the last HOUR. Are they paying you to promote them? =P

A bit late on this but yes! They can! Or at least as high up as this balloon got (~125k feet/~38km I think? Which is the stratosphere, not really outer space, which is around 400-800km up?). It'd be a high altitude balloon, filled with helium or hydrogen instead of heated air like a passenger balloon, so a very different design. A weather balloon would be a closer analogy.

Weather balloon - Wikipedia

Last edited: Apr 18, 2024
    • Like Like x 8
  4. Grid Glider

Grid Glider Neon lover

I don't think they tried honestly.

Feels like they wanted to have a "dark show for older audiences" but where to afraid to lose younger audiences who would by their toys. So the whole show just feels like is in this weird middle ground where in a lot of ways it feels like it's written with kids in mind, but with a few elements of "edginess" sprinkled on it. It's hard to explain, I remember feeling the same thing with Ben 10: Alien Force for example, but maybe that's just me.

But yeah, I agree. Not everything in this franchise needs to be dark and gritty

5. SquawkingtheTalk

SquawkingtheTalk Getting accused on the astrotrain express

I know it’s the fact the words good and kids were used instead of masterpiece and cinema

• Like Like x 1
  6. BBJazz

BBJazz Well-Endowed Member

It was rated PG. Not for babies but fine for kids under 13. Obviously a lot of humor was geared more towards adults, but that's the case for a shocking amount of kids' movies.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Delvinbailey19

Delvinbailey19 New Member

I don\'t know who is main villain? :) 

8. AcademyofDrX

AcademyofDrX BM & IDW2 apologist, team clear windows

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    This is just not true. I think it is fair to point out that "children's movie" is usually an aspiration for "children of all ages," but Shrek was not designed primarily for adults.

• Like Like x 3
  9. OZsket

OZsket Well-Known Member

Siege was not an honest attempt let’s be real.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Collector20

Collector20 Well-Known Member

I heard some folks spotted Wheeljack in the trailer but I can’t see him. Does anyone here know where in the trailer he shows up?

11. Smurgerdy

Smurgerdy THE ONLY GEEWUNER THAT ISNT OLD AS FUCK

Im conflicted right now, I wasn\'t disappointed neither was i excited. I just thought it looked cool, i feel like the movies going to do pretty good; It looks like a lot of action packed fun. I\'m probably going to watch it with the family. 

12. RazorX3000

RazorX3000 Cybertronian Monkey

News Credits:
    Wait why does D-16 already have a con insignia silhouette

IMG_3559.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  13. Boople Barp

Boople Barp Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Optimus was in the middle of a war in G1, and he had time for basketball. Rhinox was in the middle of a war in Beast Wars, and he had time to fart. Bee had time to simulate peeing on a guy in the Bayverse. A good third of IDW was Avengers quips.

Who would have known, most takes on a war between robots that turn into cars have a lot of not serious elements.

• Like Like x 7
  14. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    >Twitter approval as a sign of it being good.

Are you like trying to use reverse psychology?

• Like Like x 5
  15. BBJazz

BBJazz Well-Endowed Member

They're not mutually exclusive.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Grid Glider

Grid Glider Neon lover

Yup

17. Zeta Trion

Zeta Trion Well-Known Member

I hope kids love it and it makes lots of money for Hasbro!

• Like Like x 1
  18. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    But that's putting your own spin on something likely never intended in the first place. I'm absolutely certain the writers, the director, the team working on it, weren't in to make a "Masterpiece of cinema." They went in to just make a fantastic spiderverse movie aimed at kids and their adults. It just happened to be goddamn amazing and a cinematic masterpiece. THinking like this misses the forest for the trees.

• Like Like x 6
  19. Langlest

Langlest Steal the stars, Deceive the day

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Definitely not something I'd be interested in watching, way too many jokes & awful music for the trailer.

I get that it's aimed at young kids though and I'm sure they will enjoy it.

• Like Like x 2
  20. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    This was my exact thought. It's goofy humor for all ages and looks like a lot of fun.

• Like Like x 4