Transformers: One Animated Movie - 1st Trailer Launch Video

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Apr 18, 2024.

1. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm way more confident here than for Darth Vader...

• Like Like x 2
  2. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can not wait to see this one!

• Like Like x 5
  3. Zoo

Zoo Yuh Mein

Ebay:
    Im hyped, the first half isnt particularly interesting but the second half seems to have some beautiful visuals. Even the details like the retro looking sun is something im really appreciating

• Like Like x 3
  4. Azuzu98

Azuzu98 Still hyped as fuck for Rise of the Beasts

News Credits:
    I wish more people had the same attitude as you.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

You know, it's funny, with them featuring a techno-organic Cybertron and Alpha Kitty, this setting comes close to being perfect for a sequel to Beast Machines set in the distant future. Only problem is the fact that they re-used G1 designs for the cast.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is very similar to my current stance on it. Do not like the faces - unlike G1 where it was all 2d drawn I don’t think they look good in cgi, just a bit bland.
    Other than that, I get a lot of Mario movie vibes from it, and even though I did not think that was a good movie at all I still somehow found myself enjoying it. This will probably be ok!

• Like Like x 4
  7. Such Heroic Nonsense

Such Heroic Nonsense No!

We've had nigh on 20 years of directors and studio execs defending their weird alien-mash up design choices by telling us the G1 aesthetic wouldn't work on the big screen, and almost as many years (starting with the infamous Sideswipe faked 'test footage') of independent artists and designers showing us the truth it very easily could.

So Devastator *wouldn't* have worked on screen like this ....

[​IMG]

But could *only* work like THIS:

[​IMG]

Riiiiight. o_O  Amazing the delusions a bit of power can foster. There was ALWAYS the option to combine the old and new aesthetic for the best of both worlds (and audiences: Gex X up, including kids) to make the 'bots convincing in real world terms, but ILM as an effects house at that time leaned very heavily toward an insectoid over-busy design style for anything alien/sci-fi related.

WFC on Netflix was interesting visually, but kinda flat emotionally-speaking, and in the end, I simply gave up caring about Transformers on film, or allowing myself to pour over newer trailers like this hoping beyond hope that I was missing something and it would reveal its hidden wonders upon release.

Ultimately, it's a property that is always going to be controlled by money men chasing the latest demographic and - in Hollywood at least - there's simply no way for a reset of that thinking.

Very (VERY) rarely brave creative choices and risk-taking emerges from that mindset (e.g: the G1 toy cull in the first half hour of TFTM.)

Most of the time, they don't.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2024
    • Like Like x 10
  8. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Az from HeelVsBabyface:

“People don’t like being told what they should like. People like what they like.”

• Like Like x 8
  9. Zoo

Zoo Yuh Mein

Ebay:
    i think g1 designs styled in LA could work, as weve seen with bbm, and i think some designs would benefit and some would suffer. Sideswipe for example, i like the bay version but id love an LA g1 ver. In fsct any chance u could link the footage u mentioned

• Like Like x 1
  10. Such Heroic Nonsense

Such Heroic Nonsense No!

It's thin on the days these days, I was looking for it in the hope of linking when I posted that.

There is a unfinished render version where he's green I saw a ways back on YouTube but nowhere near as impressive as the cherry red version that was circulating in 2006.

Anyway, if anyone has it to link, much obliged.

It's a very cool look with nice clean (and crucially: slower moving) transformation, so no whirligig of moving parts impossible to follow with the human eye as per the Bayverse designs. Much closer to the G1 cartoon speed of transformation.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Good Dinosaur, Cars 2, Elemental, Lightyear. Modern Pixar just isn't as great as it used to be.

• Like Like x 8
  12. Jeddostotle7

Jeddostotle7 Well-Known "Member"

Ok, I also think Pixar is a lot more hit-or-miss than it used to be, but Cars 2, a movie released 13 years ago, isn't exactly what I'd call "modern Pixar" anymore. To more reasonably limit it to the last ten years of their output, in terms of general critical consensus (at least as far as I can recall): Elemental was meh verging on kinda bad, Lightyear was bad, Turning Red was good, Luca was great, Soul was pretty good, Onward was bad, Toy Story 4... I actually cannot remember what the general consensus was on Toy Story 4, huh; Incredibles 2 was mid, Coco was good, Cars 3 I also cannot remember what the general consensus on it was, Finding Dory was pretty good, The Good Dinosaur was mid, and Inside Out was pretty good. So, yes, definitely not as consistent with the hits as in the glory days, but not bereft of good stuff either.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Zoo

Zoo Yuh Mein

Ebay:
    is cars 2 really modern pixar? Also it’s criminally underrated idc what anyone says

• Like Like x 2
  14. @l3x

@l3x Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I haven’t seen anyone mention this yet, but the shape and smoothness of Optimus’ face really reminds me of Sonny from iRobot
    IMG_9082.jpeg
    IMG_9081.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  15. Trevor Belmont

Trevor Belmont Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Underrated comment

What makes think this is Jazz? Looks more like Wheeljack to me

• Like Like x 1
  16. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's generally considered to be the first bad film that they released, so it came naturally to me. :) 

• Like Like x 3
  17. Luke Stark

Luke Stark Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    Good question really hard to tell since they are blurry and it's hard to tell
    Only one that makes sense is Brawn the others are hard to tell

• Like Like x 3
  18. SomeoneOfRelativeInterest

SomeoneOfRelativeInterest Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah it would, but also taking away their T-cogs make them much less powerful than those who have it. Means no deployable weapons and vehicle mode. Taking away that power from the bots who do the dirty work means they can’t really rise up against the corrupt elites.

• Like Like x 7
  19. HotRodDidNothingWrong

HotRodDidNothingWrong Still salty about TLK Hot Rod

YouTube (Legacy):
    Isn't that the guy who threw a hissy fit cause starfield had pronouns in its character creation?

• Like Like x 15
  20. Triceradon

Triceradon Sunbow Delenda Est

“Yeah sure he looks like the face of rational Transformers discourse, lets ask him.”

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 13