Transformers Non Metal Parts

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by NemesisTronusCron, Mar 28, 2021.

1. NemesisTronusCron

NemesisTronusCron TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yesterday i was over thinking transforners and got to wondering how when a cybertronian scans an earth car, they can make rubber tyres, plastic interior, material or leather seats.

Maybe it could be similar to the way beast wars robots were able to have organic skin and fur etc.

Or maybe they have a limited amout of other materials other than metal that they can use.

Just wondering what others think about this ( if you think about this)

• Like Like x 5
  2. Lola

Lola Soap

I think they just install these things afterwards.

• Like Like x 1
  3. AStreetcarNamedWheeljack

AStreetcarNamedWheeljack Well-Known Member

not to mention glass windows and mirrors

• Like Like x 1
  4. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi melancholy is sadness that has taken on lightness

News Credits:
    My headcanon explanation is that they're (and by extension the entire car) also made of Cybertronian metal that just replicates the texture and feel of the parts they copy. Cybertronian tech is so good they can make metal feel and look like a non-metal.

• Like Like x 15
  5. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is pretty much how Age of Extinction explained it. The metal can reconfigure itself at a microscopic level, and take on the appearance of any material (we see it change from metal to plastic in the lab). I don't really see why this explanation can't be applied to the whole brand, a lot of other continuities talk about "living metal" and whatnot.

• Like Like x 7
  6. NemesisTronusCron

NemesisTronusCron TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I like this theory

• Like Like x 1
  7. BattleGurijiba

BattleGurijiba One Radical Dudicus

Yeah, I just go with the, creatively named, Transformium, from AOE explaination. Same with why most non-UT designs have seamless alt-modes. I just consider it to be part of their... biology(?) to be able to create these synthetic materials. I prefer this to the “it’s all a hologram” point of view since it actually gives credit to the shape-shifting alien race to be able to actually shape-shift.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Galvatron II

Galvatron II I can type whatever here?

I hate Trans-scanning so much. Any tech that handwaves something into the realm of magic/don't think about it is a no-go for me (outside of teleportation/FTL drives for convenience sake). But Trans-Scanning and Holo-Matter are just world-breakers. Any new alt-mode should involve the manual forging of parts and reassembly.

Although you still have to ask where a spaceship/shuttlecraft from a planet with a 90%+ metallic composition gets the rubber for tires and glass for windshields. It also seems like something that'd be harder to replace since it'd have to be sourced locally. But hey, that's two stories right there if someone wants to write 'em

• Like Like x 2
  9. CannonBlaster

CannonBlaster Well-Known Member

It’s all metal. It just doesn’t look like it to us

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject The Ace up your sleeve

I assume Cybertron also has silicon for the microchips that you don't see inside the Transformer. Silicon can be made into glass and also into a rubber replacement; silica (Provided you have some carbon and hydrogen which would also be needed to make steel).

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  11. LockdownTF

LockdownTF Well-Known Member

Nano machines I would think. In my mind transformers are less robots built in the traditional sense and more akin to the T-1000 like so:

[​IMG]

But unlike the T-1000 who can take any basic shape it chooses transformers are limited to their alt modes. Everything the vehicle modes needs from tyres to seat cushions and seat belts is fabricated by the Their nanobots.

That's my thoughts anyway. Only logical reason I can think of.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  12. ThunderDestron

ThunderDestron Vast predatory bird

In the g1 cartoon, they were rebuilt manually by teletran. (Which would mean they could have just had parts added on during that process)

As for scanning, I think the nanobot/transformium idea makes the most sense. In IDW they mentioned reconfiguring their tires when the autobots were stranded on cybertron during All Hail Megatron.

• Like Like x 2
  13. grimtnt

grimtnt Paradox

As long as you consider the KSI bots to be the "unstable" version and regular Cybertronians to the the natural "stable" form than that works out fine.

Otherwise I find it difficult to accept how the KSI transformium bots work, visually cool? Maybe, but hella confusing.

• Like Like x 2
  14. CaioSilvatheScreamerFan

CaioSilvatheScreamerFan Destron New Leader

Facebook:
    Only 3rd Party cybertronians have that privillege

• Like Like x 3
  15. LockdownTF

LockdownTF Well-Known Member

well in autobot Spike they create a temporary body for Spikes mind using spare transformer parts(which the more I think about is just really dark and gruesome from a human perspective like a doctor having a freezer full of dismembered human body parts and harvested organs). So I dunno much like a lego set maybe there's a few spare parts left over after their done?

16. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I always saw it like rooting a phone. KSI figured out how to "unlock" the metal and push its abilities farther than the Cybertronians could. Maybe the creators placed some sort of restriction on the Cybertronians that KSI figured out how to bypass?

• Like Like x 2