Transformers Nezha toys leaked

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Fc203, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Vector Oracle

Vector Oracle Part of a complete breakfast

News Credits:
    Agreed. A lot of the G1 characters I like tend to be from 1987-1990, so it can get a bit annoying at times when they get passed over for an update. Heck, there’s a bunch of characters in that category that didn’t get updates until recently (Battletrap, Flywheels, Spinister, etc.). If the next cartoon after Cyberverse shows more creativity in its designs than just slightly modified S1 characters from G1, I’ll be more interested in that than I am with Cyberverse. Basically, I want something with the RID15 toyline’s level of creativity and ingenuity.

• Like Like x 5
  2. transgeek2345

transgeek2345 Well-Known Member

I don’t know, the RID15 kinda tanked in many prospects, I feel as though Hasbro was really struggling to find its footing with the toylines and their general audience. They played things a little too safe and that hurt its creativity.

3. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    On the contrary. It's cyberverse that is tanking heavily in many areas.
    RID2015 on the other hand was a huge succes for Hasbro.
    The cartoon and toys were unprecedentely well received among the target audience.
    And the game has garnered nothing but praise.
    It is obvious that cyberverse has tried to emulate elements of RID2015 to reproduce that succes.

4. CookieMastah

CookieMastah Well-Known Member

It is bad. I don't care if it's from season 1 or anything else, I'm tired of this 80s nostalgia, and would love to see something entirely original again.

• Like Like x 2
  5. cybeast

cybeast Well-Known Member

I wish that the remold at least take someone's closer to their image... Lei Zhenzhi is a man-bird and he's sporting a TRACK here :( 

• Like Like x 2
  6. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Well-Known Member

Agreed. Make Soundwave turn into a piano. Make Warpath turn into a WW1 tank. They need to switch up the collectors formula, which currently consists of G1, G1 and then maybe BW. They’re not willing to take risks and switch up the alt-modes or just make new characters.

• Like Like x 2
  7. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid "See see Seacons!"

News Credits:
    Soundwave turns into a jukebox and his cassette bots are now records.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Windsweeper II

News Credits:
    Or they could just make a cartoon about all of the G1, BW and UT characters they've been ignoring so far.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Offensively Off-brand

The problem with "original" is that it's often quite bad.

Windblade, for example, is original. Ehhh... I find her character to be GRATING. I like the concept, but every animated iteration is somehow more obnoxious than the last (Note: haven't seen Cyberverse, so maybe that one is tolerable?).

The comics have some cool characters introduced, but clearly Hasbro has little interest in supporting that... not too many comic-book-exclusive figures. And it makes sense: Hasbro spends money on the movies and cartoons, not the comics. Or very little, comparatively, I would imagine.

TF RID was new. It sucked. TF Cyberverse is new: no one is talking about how great that is either.

I'm not sure what you're looking for, but I'll tell you that G1 is a solid foundation to work from. Good characterization and some great stories there. I'm not looking for G1 reboots if the quality can match some of the stuff from G1! :) 

• Like Like x 3
  10. Windsweeper II

News Credits:
    It's more like problem with geewun is that's it's often quite bad.

Animated was ass-boring for anyone who doesn't think a great story equals watching Optimus, Megatron, Starscream and Bumblebee doing boring shit.

Prime was all that is bad about Star Wars but with the above characters doing dumb things for no reason.

Cyberverse is another boring story about the seekers and Bumblebee.

We often see eye to eye, but this is where I don't know what it is that you want exactly.

Beast Wars had the best writing any TF fiction ever had.

MTMTE was so well written that it attracted people who weren't TF fans.

RID2015 was mega-popular among the target-audience and gained the franchise many of the young fans it so desperately needs because the geekfest of seeing the geewun characters over and over again doesn't do it for them.

I don't see how 'original' hasn't time and again proven to produce great fiction and toys.

• Like Like x 2
  11. ZapRowsdower

First off, let's respect G1. I'm sick and tired of all the losers (no offense) who keep saying "Geewun". I get it: you hate the fan obsession. Who wouldn't? But G1 gave us the core of the franchise, and it's ideas are still the core of EVERY TF show. To me, when someone "cutely" says "Geewun" it's the same as me referring to BW fans as BESTIALITY WARRIORS. Would you appreciate that moniker? Cause the "Geewun" BS is very contemptuous and combative. Instead of saying "Geewun", you might just say, "I hate G1 fans". Cause you're saying that. With "Geewun". :rolleyes2 

Animated was not boring. The Sari story line was pretty interesting. It also had a Batman/super-heroes vibe to it, and greatly steered away from the norm - this is why everyone hates on it. For being Super-hero Optimus, instead of G1 Optimus. Because BB was more like Spider-man than... whatever you expect him to be. Mute?

Prime wasn't terrible. It had some brilliantly dark story lines (i.e. Airachnid killing off Decepticons!). What was bad about the show was it's darker, Bay-aesthetic - while also attempting to appeal to children (that one young character who had no place in the crew, except that he's somehow better at using technology than both adults and robots :sly: ). It's literally a show that's both great for children and absolutely terrible to show to children (it depends on the episode!). "All that is bad about SW" is a pretty insulting thing to say, while also being incredibly vague (and hateful to SW! :lol ). I think that's a bit much! :eek: 

BW had energon farts. Oh yeah. Amazing writing. :rolleyes2  It had 5 characters. Oh, what's that? It doesn't matter because it doesn't have Optimus and BB? But it did: Optimus Primal and Cheetor. They're the same. Unless you wanna debate how "Hot Shot" is actually NOT BB either! :lol  Please don't! :D  In fact, Optimus Primal was more insipidly Optimus than most other portrayals. He just oozed "I'm PERFECT" leadership and comments. How many episodes featured Primal failing at anything? Half of one? Less? He was literally there to scold everyone else for making human mistakes. :rolleyes2  Literally, every other bot had to do something idiotically stupid for Primal to come in and lecture about being a good teammate or listening to commands. :banghead:  It was... demeaning to the intelligence of its audience. When Cheetor runs off, half-cocked and blind, we really don't need Optimus to explain the dangers or error of such actions. Do we? He suffers the consequences, but Optimus is still there to dumb everything down and spoon feed the damn lesson. :rolleyes2 

But BW Megatron was pretty brilliant! :thumb  And Waspinator! :D 

Your RID comments are wrong. Sorry. I can prove it: go on eBay right now and search for an RID toy. They're either MSRP or cheaper. They're basically worthless if used. Trust me. I thought the show wasn't so bad, but I can barely give them away on eBay! :banghead:  And if they sell so badly... well, they are clearly not as popular as you say. If they were, I'd be stormed by mom's looking for Xmas gifts or Bday gifts for their kids. I sell things, this is how it works. If the items are popular, there are buyers. If no one is buying... it's not like the entire audience is on vacation and will be back soon to prove your RID popularity comments true. :eek:  Sorry. But you're mistaken about how well that program did. Either you got your information from a local store/event (i.e. experience bias) or you heard it from Hasbro (who also famously said that Prime was popular! :lol ). Or you heard somewhere else. But... yeah... I do not believe it, sorry.

What is "original" to you? You love BW, even though it's completely derivative of G1 - down to the G1 characters in the show! :banghead:  We both agree that we need to expand the roster beyond Optimus and BB... but you seem to think that all failed cartoons fail because they are re-doing G1. Not at all - they fail because they're terrible. TF Prime made BB MUTE, for crying out loud. Yeah, BB is from G1, but TF Prime BB couldn't be any more different than G1! Come on! It was a completely original portrayal, and fans adored the ending (when BB gets his voice back and exacts revenge). Fans also seemed to eat up the revisions to Wheel Jack (I hated them). So then is Prime "original" or G1-derivative? Isn't it both? And which of those factors explains its poor performance? Optimus and BB being in the cast? Or something else?

It's a pretty open conversation we're having, so there's no need to get frustrated or disappointed in my comments. Neither of us is being clear on the terminology or parameters of this conversation. It's just a friendly conversation about what we think is right (or wrong) with the franchise today. I say Hasbro is over-relying on its core characters - but there's a reason for this: marketing and money. Short term results? Great. Long term? Brand fatigue and poor sales (imo). What makes the brand level up? Michael Bay doing something original with the brand. What kills the brand? Michael Bay making the same movie, SIX TIMES IN A ROW! :lol  Innovation is key - but that didn't save G1 from dying off. Personally, I loved the weird toys at the end of G1 - sparkers, pull-back and go, headmasters, etc. But the majority of fans seem to prefer Season 1 only, and toys like Pretenders only have value to completionists. Also, Machinima tried to do a more adult-oriented TF program, and that seemed to have failed spectacularly, too! :lol 

I say go back to the comics. It's probably the best area to find the cure, if not the next great thing in TFs. But I haven't read too much to say that the solution is there alone. I would have thought that the excellent War for Cybertron games on consoles would help the brand and... it really did nothing. So even having a stronger gaming element doesn't seem to make TFs as popular as they once were. But that may be because TFs are mimicking successful brands, rather than innovating and creating new trends that build on the strengths/features of the product. Who knows? :) 

• Like Like x 6
  12. CookieMastah

CookieMastah Well-Known Member

Hold on, I agree with you that Geewun is tiresome, but I love animated. Furthermore, why did you group Animated with 'Geewun', but MTMTE is somehow something original?

MTMTE is more close to Geewun than Animated, to the point that it takes place in the G1 continuity family.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Windsweeper II

News Credits:
    Because MTMTE breaks away from the early G1 earth-centered status quo. It introduces lots of world building (granted, some of that was better than others. But most of the cringey things came post-mtmte). It explores other races and political entities besides TF's and humans. It is filled with late G1 characters and explores several of them on top of introducing many new characters.

Animated on the other hand kept mucking around in the Optimus vs Megatron vs Starscream vs Bumblebee sandbox that the DW comics and others made tiresome long before it aired.

Animated did introduce some cool new characters, but they were like a sprinkling of spice on a lukewarm plate. Not nearly enough to hold my interest.

• Like Like x 1
  14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    It seems more combative that you would assume personal insult from a term without actual evidence that is the case, but whatever...

Maybe instead of making up secret meaning about what others say, just take it at face value that 'Geewun' is just people (rightfully) showing their frustration with the constant repetition of the same generation and ignoring of everything else that has come since to grow and evolve the brand.

G1 may have started it, but it was every series since that kept Transformers alive to this day.

• Like Like x 1
  15. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Well, if you want to see non-G1, here's what you can do:

Buy the products. At full price. Or keep crying wolf and watch nobody cater to you. Same goes for fat Barbies, female Jedi, whatever is dividing fandoms these days.

• Like Like x 6
  16. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    This. It was because of the later series that we even have things like Generations and the like to begin with so to dismiss them is the same as to dismiss G1.

Believe me we'd love to do that if they actually make the products for us to buy or if they did they'll make it so that it's either easy to get and/or done justice but they're not so we can't possibly do that. Do you see now why a lot of us are being vocal about our frustrations?

17. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    I liked RID 2015. But they didn't see fit to put it on DVD* or sell much past the first wave of toys. For a solid year I only saw the masked Windblade. BBTS was hit or miss and Takara bailed out of Adventure really quickly.

*I don't really understand why it's so hard to get kids shows on DVD. It's no wonder Target and Walmart have a single aisle of discs anymore. The studios aren't pressing anything but endless reissues of BTTF, Dallas, and Star Wars prequels/sequels.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

As long as Toy sales are strong, G1 inspired or updates are here to stay.

But there is a bigger problem than G1 designs vs. other designs. I started to notice the Cyberverse cartoon is very odd when it comes to certain story elements, Each episode lately relies on lazy writing to balance out the Autobots and Decepticons, into a unending stalemate.

Honestly what is the point of arguing about designs if the Writing is Bad.

• Like Like x 4
  19. ZapRowsdower

:lol  Wow... Love the crazy debate happening here! :)  But it's good to see some familiar faces, Split Lip & RKillian! :thumb  (Probably some other folk I've conversed with in the past, too, so props out to all! :D  ).
    I agree that the official definition of "Geewun" isn't nearly as bad as I make it out to be. :)  HOWEVER, is that the real story or is that more of a rationalization that really downplays the actual, SEETHING hate people have for G1 fans. :rolleyes2  "You know I'm not racist, right?" :lol  As Bill Burr might say! :) 

"Every series since that kept TF alive" is G1-derivative. It's always been TWO FACTIONS. Why? That could have changed that many years ago, but they stuck with G1. It's always been Optimus Prime. Why? They could have kept him DEAD (which G1 took the risk of doing!), but Optimus is always the star. Hell, even RID2015 has to break originality by bringing in Optimus as the superior leader. I mean, RID is about BB, but let's not let Optimus be out of the picture for more than 5 minutes. Uhhh? VERY F*CKING G1! :lol 

My point is that "Geewun" is a stupid comment that shoots hate at your own roots. It's exactly like hating a race that you came from, simply because you now don't identify with this particular race. You don't have to love your G1 roots, but insulting G1 (at this point) is like cutting off your ear to spite your face. :eek:  Victory? Because so much of the "non-G1" you acknowledge or love is exactly like G1 or derived directly from G1 themes, ideas, characters, or actual episodes! Boom. :lol 
    Exactly! Who bought those fat Barbies? NO ONE. If people put their money where their fat mouths are, we'd see nothing but fat Barbies on shelves.

And making the star of the new SW universe a FEMALE is also a pretty stupid move, when the majority of your fan base is male. I mean, unless we have truly evolved to the point where men can purely empathize and relate to women completely, where they no longer see gender? :eek: 
    I don't dismiss later series. Not even Bestiality Warriors! :sly:  I just think the majority is brewed from the same primordial ooze: "Geewun". :rolleyes2  Yeah... I hate Geewun so much that I need to give it a dumb nomenclature, just to feel superior to the other fans! :rolleyes2  Why even debate that stuff?

Because you don't have the toys you want? Guess what! I'm a G1 fan and I don't have the toys I want either! :eek:  Seriously. You think I enjoy the Season 1 cast being regurgitated over and over? That we needed another Mirage, right after we just got one? I'd love to see actual Pretender toys, for example. :(  But that doesn't mean I should insult other fans by saying "Geewun" or being otherwise obnoxious about things.

Optimus Prime is now the most spammed character (with BB in close 2nd?). I hate Optimus Prime. GASP! :eek:  But as much as I'd love to say something stupid (like, I don't know, "Optimus Crime"? "Optimus Grime"? "Optimus Butt-line"?), you have to respect how much people love the character and how Hasbro is a corporation looking to make money.

If they made that one toy you really wanted, no one would buy it but you and a few similar fans. Very few. And Hasbro loses its shirt. It's not the fans' fault here: blame Hasbro for spamming the popular characters and not taking so many risks. It's all about numbers, and sadly, you and I are in the minority when we skip the Optimus Prime toys and dream of something better... :lol 

20. ZapRowsdower

If they could at least settle on a streaming platform, I'd be happy, too. I saw RID mostly on Netflix, but... they stopped midway into S2 for no reason... so... uhhh, guess I'll never see the ending to that show! :rolleyes2  :lol 

Physical media is on its way out. You can see it in the resale market - a lot of the big retail companies that buy the discs are now giving you 5 cents (versus several dollars, years ago). Downloads and streaming is more convenient, that's all. If the technology is preying on people's inherent laziness, it's a guarantee that the new technology will destroy some past habit of yours (i.e. video game arcades and record shops! :lol ).

But don't blame Hasbro or retailers for the poor RID selection - the toys are worthless. I'm seeing on eBay how there's almost no interest. Why would retailers/Hasbro bother making more if no one is buying?
    Yeah! :D  The writing is the issue, not whether or not it borrows from G1. I'm just saying that G1 had good and bad, where the good inspired everything after it. The bad? Well, the constant stalemate battles sounds exactly like G1! :lol 

I guess G1 is like a hand gun. It's not inherently evil! It all depends on who wields it and whether or not they understand how to tell a good story. But invariably, you get this crowd who is anti-G1 because of all the atrocities G1 has caused! :eek:  I get it! G1-inspired garbage shows were terrible! But banning all G1 and turning us into a G1-less society is hardly going to make things safe and peaceful! Criminals will simply find other weapons with which to inflict G1-esque violence on your senses, and when it comes right down to it... do you really think G1 is so bad if we could be subjected to Gobots tropes and writing? :lol