Transformers MP12+ Lambor (Anime Color???)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Young Padawan, May 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    I don't really like the gray tires in car mode, but I like them in robot mode. Think I might just paint the outside of the tire.

• Like Like x 4
  2. TylerB

TylerB We all know they're supposed to be chrome.

Finally secured my copy, should be here in a few days. Don't know why AmazonJP wouldnt ship this overseas a couple weeks back...

3. CarRobot

CarRobot Ninja Police Car

News Credits:
    I'm still on the fence about the grey tires but I still want to buy this figure. Any suggestions about the tire issue?

4. smkheidze

smkheidze sideswipe and sideswipe and even more sideswipe.

Paint the outside black and leave the bottums grey.

• Like Like x 2
  5. CarRobot

CarRobot Ninja Police Car

News Credits:
    How hard is it to paint a figure? Never really tried that before. I don't want it to look all messy and what not.

6. smkheidze

smkheidze sideswipe and sideswipe and even more sideswipe.

just get yourself some black tamiya acrylic paint and carefully paint the sides of the tires. work in multiple layers...don't cake it on. the slower you go, the better the final product.

• Like Like x 1
  7. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Has anyone done this yet ? I'm curious to see photos.

I might add, if you do plan to do it, be sure you use a "XF" (or flat) black. The gloss black will most likely dry with subtle brush strokes. Flat black dries beautifully. (Maybe add a quick gloss coat afterwards if you want a little shine)

8. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd like to see photos as well.

9. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Canbot

Canbot Well-Known Member

I can't seem to find the feedback thread on MP12+. I'll ask here, then: Has anybody received a Sideswipe that is missing paint? Believe it or not, but half of the rear spoiler on mine is completely missing paint. Just opening the package, the light hit it funny. Upon closer inspection (and feel), indeed that half of the spoiler has zero paint. Has anybody else experienced this?

11. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pic? Also, where did you purchase it from?

12. Canbot

Canbot Well-Known Member

I don't know how to put up pics, sorry...and all I'll say for now is that it was purchased from an overseas retailer, basically because I'm contacting their customer service. Just wanted to see if anybody else has run into this yet.

13. Canbot

Canbot Well-Known Member

Trying to photograph the effect is tough...there appears to be some spots on the car that don't have the new paint, it's just the red plastic. It's not extremely noticeable, so that's why I'm asking if anybody else has this issue. Looking at the front, it's the right upper spoiler...that whole half is missing the paint. Could somebody please check theirs?...maybe, just maybe, Takara decided against paint on that surface because there's that little connector tab they didn't want to gum up with paint? Wishful thinking, I know. The problem is that I still haven't heard back from said retailer. I'm giving them a week, and then it's going on ebay. This kind of QC thing is the worst because you HAVE to sell it at a loss, you know? This is the third QC issue in as many purchases, and frankly it's not what I expect or have experienced in the few years I've collected MPs. Other than that issue, it looks alright. I haven't transformed him yet. Won't until my week grace period is up. Any help would be appreciated, thanks. Off to look at some pics of it here.

14. Canbot

Canbot Well-Known Member

Triple post?...I KNOW! But listen to this, I just dug out my original MP 12 Lambor (is it bad that I'm beginning to call them by their Japanese names? :D  )

Sure enough, his spoiler is EXACTLY the same as my new MP12+ ! The left side of the spoiler is painted, the right is unpainted. Perhaps this all went under my radar, but either I am the unluckiest SOB in town, or this is fact is the way that Lambor is supposed to be painted. What intrigue :D 

Please, if anybody can confirm, please let me know what their Lambor's spoilers look like. Thank you!

15. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly, its kind of hard to tell, I want to say glossy plastic but their could be a coat on this
    20180520_000640.jpg

16. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    Oh he’s definitely fully painted in alt. mode

• Like Like x 2
  17. Canbot

Canbot Well-Known Member

It is hard to tell...I mean, I missed it on my reissue Lambor, and if I didn't look at it under a particular light, I am not sure I would have caught it on my + version.

But what would be the chances of getting TWO with only half the spoiler painted, and the same half, at that? Very strange.

• Like Like x 2
  18. BWfan86

News Credits:
    So, I have finally cracked open this figure. This is my first experience with the MP12 mold and I have to say that the bot mode doesn't look at dated as some of the recent pictures have him appear. Also the face/ head looks much better in person.

I am having a bit of an issue with the figure in car mode. The 2 front wheels seem to be rubbing against the back part of the wheel wells. I have tried to "panel massage" to increase the clearance, but the wheels still scrape. Am I doing something wrong? Or is this a qc problem with the mold. I hope it's not the latter as not rolling completely ruined the Hot Rod 2.0 figure for me.

19. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

Damn bruh. That sounds fugly ... maybe remove me from the immature block list and I can give you some pointers ... real talk, I don’t hold grudges for toys lol

20. BWfan86

News Credits:
    I have no idea what you are talking about - you aren't on my block list

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.