Transformers MP10 Masterpiece Convoy Pictures

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Red leader, May 10, 2011.

1. Wingnut

Wingnut Stayin' Alive!

Ebay:
    The alt mode is a vast improvement.

2. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks decent, but the price and the fact that I'm perfectly happy with 20th Anniversary Prime means I'm going to pass on this; $250 is way too much for a single TF, especially when much of that cost is due to the trailer, which I don't need or want. If Hasbro ports this over to the US at some point (and I'll be surprised if they don't), without the trailer and at a lower price, I'll get it then.

3. Swoop

Swoop Well-Known Member

I wonder if this means that MP-11 will be a new Megatron.

After all, with the standard size of MPs being 8 inches, and now a new Prime at this size, MP Megs is going to look increasingly out of place.

4. Raiju

Raiju Go For Broke Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    His truck mode looks very nice, and the articulation of his robot mode looks great too. The proportions of bot mode do look a little off; I agree that his legs look a bit too short and his arms a tad too long, in that regard.

But it does appear infinitely more articulated and poseable than MP-01/04. I like how his ion rifle stores in his backpack; that's neat. If he stands at the same height as Rodimus Prime, then I guess he'll be a bit taller than the Seekers and roughly the same height as Grimlock?

That said, I'm really not sure if it's worth the price, as others have already echoed. Gonna have to think hard about this. Also, what of Megatron? Will he also be retooled so he'll be in scale with his archnemesis, Optimus Prime? And then the Seekers? And so on and so forth?

5. WarConvoy

WarConvoy Earth Defense Command

Ebay:
    VERY COOL Figure!!
    :scalper  $250 is too much for me. :(  I hope and wish Hasbro will release a version. I would buy it for $100.
    Oh well hears wishing.

6. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It looks great, but I just can't justify that kind of money for another version of a figure I already own several times over.

Is this the best Prime so far? Possibly. Am I going to own one? Probably not.

Still, I suppose if you consider it's only the price of a couple of Delicate Warrior figures, it looks like better value for money o_0

7. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeeeeeaaaaahhh.... That's a very nice looking $50 to $100 dollar toy you got there.

Unless it comes with an equally well done second figure (Elita 1, Orion Pax, I don't care) $250 dollars for that is INSANE. Seriously.

We don't get a great idea of the size from these pics. (Don't have MP Rodimus, so thats meaningless to me.) If the cab robot is a decent size match for the CHUG Autobot cars I'd like to see Hasbro release That at least over here at a REASONABLE PRICE.

But Takara... Youch not sold on this at all and unless the entire thing is die cast metal don't get the pricing at all.

ZacWilliam, is trying hard to ignore the disappointment of it just being a new YAWN G1 Prime YAWN because it is YAAWWWN a very good looking.... SNOOOOOOOORRRRREE....

8. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Easy pass. It might be a very cool toy and all but in the end it's just another prime.
    To people that already have MP-04's or some combination of MP prime and a trailer, I think this is a very easy $250 saved. Thanks tomytakara.

9. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    To me this is the Ultimate Bandai move by Takara. :lol 

Images removed at the request of Hasbro.

[​IMG][​IMG]

10. Raiju

Raiju Go For Broke Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Some sort of automorph feature, I'd imagine. One that will no doubt fail after a couple of transformations, given the QC issues of MP Rodimus Convoy, I'm afraid.

11. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Looks better in damn near every way to me. I'm not going to drop the money for the Takara version, but I may very well pick up the inevitable Hasbro release.

12. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well since I've already got and MP-01 & MP-04 this will be easy to pass on for me. Plus that $250 will be going toward a TFC Devastator, it does look really good though.

13. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    looks really good. both modes are perfectly convincing. Wonder if there's much die cast on it.

14. hutchprime

hutchprime Made of sterner stuff

News Credits:
    Looks incredible. I'll be buying it.

15. seaspray10

seaspray10 Master Of Ninja Things

News Credits:
    Dang it now i gotta get it since i don't have mp-01 or mp-04. Thanks japan my wallet just died

16. Feralstorm

Feralstorm To Infinity - and Your Mom TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Seems a notable improvement in a few ways, though the proportion feels a little off from the waist down. Color me interested, but I'd rather wait for a Hasbro/Trailerless version.

17. Housewife2000

Housewife2000 Fandom, combine!

Interesting - I wonder if he'd scale nicely next to the CHUG deluxes now he's smaller.

18. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would totally buy it if it wasn't $250 and I didn't already own Igear's "Faith Leader". I really do like it though

19. Chromewear

Chromewear Well-Known Member

most notably are the changes to the chest and also the articulation of the shoulders and at the hip joints

the chest looks less boxy now, perhaps the top heaviness of mp-04 has been fixed
    the joints look like they have been done to allow a large range of motion, which is great!!

anyway, it is quite pricey and i hate how takara keeps increasing the price of their masterpiece items. it's just ugly. i don't get why takara can charge us 200-250 usd for plastic items when bandai has released its soul of chogokin line with more metal and the same cost

last issue is with people who bought igear small scaled masterpieces. this is the direct response from takara so you guys should buy this now since it's in scale
    it's inevitable. it's calling out to youuuuuuuuuu

20. Lycanthropic Tendencies

Lycanthropic Tendencies Well-Known Member

I think MP01 still makes the better standalone "Masterpiece", but this guy looks really modern, to the point I keep looking at figures like Classics Jazz and feeling he belongs.
    Either way, easy buy. I intend to get one to replace my I-Gear Prime in my Classics display and one to pose alongside my I-Gear Prime as together they'll make a perfect evolution of masterpiece set, imo.
    Now if only we got the Don Figuera MP Prime design...