Transformers Movies For The Next 3 Years In A Row.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by pie125, Dec 17, 2016.

1. pie125

pie125 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cz4oNP0UoAAf7dd.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Sixshot93

Sixshot93 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks old to me, considering The Last Knight is not written down for 'TF5', but still cool, anyway.

3. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Old news. They announced this before TLK started filming.

• Like Like x 2
  4. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Huh? That announcement piece is almost a year old.

In fact it's using the TF5 Placeholder Logo which was shown during the 2016 Toy Fair Investor Event.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    even though this is incredibly old news, it does bring up a good point: this seems to confirm the Bumblebee movie will be a prequel, which means that Bee could very well die in TLK.

6. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, TF6 is the Bee movie. Transformers 6 Plans To Try Something Totally Different - CINEMABLEND

What I expect to happen is the same thing they are doing in TLK. It will be a modern day film but we will get many flash backs to Cybertron and Bees early years on that planet and possibly some scene of the battle that led to Bee losing his voice and the AllSpark being cast into Space. Just like in TLK we are getting flashbacks and history of OP and Megs to show us who or what they were before all of this.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
  7. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

said it before & ill say it again..what a ridiculous move on the part of hasbro/paramount...the cgi alone in these films take a year minimum..this has disaster written all over it

if you thought we didnt get enough transformer screen time & had too many clone bots now..just wait til they start releasing these movies on a yearly basis

this reeks of 'we're too afraid to do our own thing so let's just jump on the marvel-bandwagon' short-sided greed..oversaturation catches up to you quick & will do more harm than good for the overall product

maybe im old-school but i like at least 2 years in between my sequels, 3 years being optimal

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
  8. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think there is also the big unanswered question of if there is enough demand for a Transformers movie every single year?

We have lots of superhero movie each year but it's different studios and different types of superhero films. Movies like Deadpool, Ant Man and Suicide Squad might all have costumes and powers but just because you watched Deadpool it doesn't mean that it feels like you watched Suicide Squad already. But can they make the Transformers movies feel different than each other or will the Bumblebee movie be the exact same stuff only with less Autobots?

It's feels like if Disney had said our Pirates movies have a declining domestic box office so instead of a break lets put out a Pirates film every year.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Sixshot93

News Credits:
    I feel like the only one of the few who have genuine hope, optimism and enthusiasm for the TFCU.

All our claims of 'disaster in the making!' etc are based on merely NOTHING and we know that! Or have we forgotten that all of a sudden? Because I don't.

Sorry to get my pipes hot here, but it needs to be said that there is a tendency that we're apparently denying.

Rant. Concluded.

• Like Like x 2
  11. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    I think a TF movie every year will end up sort of like the call of Duty franchise...it's a very popular name, makes tons of money, and is very visually appealing, with stories that are up to subjective critism. However, they may very well make less money each year. To be honest, I think the relevancy of the next 3 movies all hinge on TLK..if you were gonna have expectations for these films, TF5 is the one to do so since it's supposed to get the ball rolling for the next 2.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Galvatross

Galvatross Shrek = sOGREat! Veteran

Bravo! I think at the very least people should give it an open mind.

For instance, I am not crazy about most of the MCU films, but the MCU still has films I really enjoy. I love GOTG, and GOTG vol. 2 looks like it will be visually unique and fun like the first GOTG film.

Its' the same thing with the TFCU. If you don't like the main TF films so far maybe there will be a spinoff or prequel you really enjoy.

If there ends up being a film in the TFCU I don't like or enjoy less than previous films that is perfectly okay. I will just hope that the next film or two are things I enjoy.

Hasbro and Paramount do not owe me jack, nor do I want them to pander to me. Frankly, I think the last ten years have been the best years to be a fan with live action films, multiple television shows, comics, video games, and multiple toy lines, including toys aimed at kids and at adult collectors. There are so many ways to enjoy Transformers now it is ridiculous, and fans getting mad at the existence of things they don't like is a massive waste of energy.

And even if fans don't like the movies, maybe they will get a few toys out of it that they like at the very least.

Anyway, bring on the TFCU I say!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Sixshot93

News Credits:
    Me too. And thank you. You and I should have a drink some time. ;) :cool: 

• Like Like x 1
  14. G1DeadEnd

G1DeadEnd Bring on 5, 6, 7 & 8!

News Credits:
    To be perfectly honest. A big part of the reason I've given up on collecting toys and comic books (even TV shows - namely the last two), is because of this "fragmentation" that took place.
    There's no way I could afford every single toy made ... truthfully, I am almost lost in how many toy lines there are. There are generations (ongoing - hasbro & takara versions), current RID, Masterpieces, Rescue Bots, titans return - preceded by combiner wars, a ton of 3rd party, and then some fancy metal statues - which don't transform. The movies stopped getting good toys.
    Why is there a need for two simultaneous comic book runs?
    Why do we need games, with characters from multiple universes?
    To me it became a mess ... but that's my opinion. I still love the films!

15. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

I thought the Generations line morphed into the Combiner Wars/Titans Rising line? I mean right on the box my Combiner Wars Starscream says generations.

16. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    I enjoy watching the robots and all, but wouldn't the rest of the world suffer from Transformers fatigue? Every two years isn't too bad.

17. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    That's right.

18. G1DeadEnd

G1DeadEnd Bring on 5, 6, 7 & 8!

News Credits:
    Well, that's my bad ... a big part of my ignorance can be attributed to getting older, and or being busier with my growing family. I will always love Transformers (even my two and 1/2 year old girl knows and loves them). I also hope to return to more of light collecting, but don't count me out just yet :D  Thank you for correcting me.

Thank you!

19. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

With movies so close together it's going to mean that you can't course correct in time for the next film. Like how it will take Warner Brothers a few DC films to win people back because they were too far along on films to really fix them, they just have to wait and hope people will still stick with the live action DC movies until Justice League or the movie after that.

If The Last Knight doesn't work for people there wouldn't be time for yet another soft reboot for the Bumblebee movie. It seems like Paramount is just stuck with certain decisions because there is no longer the okay lets wait an extra year to see if we can figure this out and turn around those domestic numbers. If for some reason The Last Knight doesn't give Paramount the box office numbers they want it will likely be too late to pull the plug on the Bumblebee movie.