Transformers Movie Toys Revealed – Cybertron (Planet), Leader Dragonstorm, Voyager Nitro and More!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Jun 1, 2017.

1. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Dude, why the fuck are there hinges there if they aren't supposed to be used? Try some critical thinking instead of following the mistakes of others.

2. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why were there wheels on tigerhawks wings? The show is a accurate representation of one viewpoint, do the instructions say to transform it the way you say to? If yes then ok, if no then officially you are wrong and it is an abandoned transformation step, much like the wheels on tigerhawk

3. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    So no Robot mode for Dragonstorm? The 1 step have a robot mode that was NOT Storm reign or Dragonicus

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP My personal sense of scale

News Credits:
    To fit in the box.

This was actually not uncommon back then for figures to have wings or sticky-offy parts hinge or detach fit into boxes as parts budgets were far less strict. Off the top of my head I can think of Legends of Cybertron Jetfire and Supreme Starscream's wings also hinged for no other reason.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    Also, if anone has Primus, you know trying to pose him with those flaps up is asking for trouble. The whole thing is much more stable with them down.

6. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:

Both robots form the dragon...

• Like Like x 2
  7. Zress Tayasu

Zress Tayasu Axiom

maybe my memory's hazy, but I don't recall those parts being folded when I bought my primus back in the day. unless it was an issue with the japanese box but not the us box... I'm thinkin' that's not quite the cause.

n' I think a lot of people forget that often times TFs, particularly back at that point before the whole "less toy for more money" thing started hitting hard, often made it to market with features that were glossed over in the instructions/packaging. we used to have a big thread about various not-officially-documented things, I dunno if it's still in the forum somewhere. sometimes the toy designer intends more than the consumer ends up being told. I know some people/reviewers have a Problem with that whole "something you didn't get your hand held about" sort of widget...

yes, and? that does not address what you're responding to at all. he's noting that the 1step toy's robot mode is distinct from the two robots comprising the dragon as seen here. read carefully before reply, etc.
    this leader class figure has two robots forming one altmode, this is not being questioned. the point raised is whether or not it has a combined robot mode, which appears not to be the case from what little I've seen.

• Like Like x 2
  8. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is false. See my previous post with pictures.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP My personal sense of scale

News Credits:
    I could've sworn Primus had those heels flipped up in package, but I can't remember and it's not really something you can find pics or info on. (though if anyone can offer info on this I'd much appreciate)

This is true, though the issue here is that the intended configuration of the heels is down, ala the show model. The thread was called something like "cool hidden features no one knew about."

It could've also been part of a dropped feature like the TM2 vehicle modes.

10. legotron123

legotron123 Child of Primus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought those joints were for the battle station mode?
    Also, that Primus is one of the most gorgeous toys I've seen in a while. Literally every shade of color is absolutely perfect, and the dark blue, light blue and orange are an absolutely beautiful mix. It's a shame about the price, because other wise I would buy him up in a heartbeat.

• Like Like x 2
  11. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    Yes We all know that, Dragonstorm is the name of their combined form

12. Diamondback

Diamondback Bitterly Clinging G1 Micromaster Malcontent

News Credits:
    Make 'em lifesize and I might buy 'em--a cute little Baby Grimlock might be just the ticket for getting my mother to quit stirring up trouble with little Junior. (Junior = the toothy little lizardkid in my av.)

13. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    A new TLK One Step 6 pack was revealed. I don't think it's over.

14. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:

One Step is just what it is... Robot & Dragon... They made the articulated one a combiner made up of two bots, to form the Dragon, but no other alt modes for the individual bots or an alternate bot mode for the dragon.

15. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Oh yes that is America's price and not sure if it drops in Canada. It is something I'm curious about if they price raise hit walmart up there thanks for your insight anymore like my question above would be great! ;) 

16. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    The walmart manager was talking about the east coast walmart as a whole.. And in Dark of the Moon and AOE not nearly as much was bought right at the start as ROTF. Those were entirely smaller lines that were more focused to sell through quicker to not have a repeat of Transformers 2 overstock. And although I believe you have some so called facts that have been said right, I just don't think much of ANYONE was happy with Age of Extinction and my point in my first argument still stands, which is, if it did so well as a full blown "success" then why did they completely change it back to the old way, & why did mostly everyone dispise the line? An Not just adults, actual kids didn't like it much either.

I'm sure there's truths to both our arguments. Thanks for the engaging conversation bro if I had more time today I'd dig deeper :) 

• Like Like x 1
  17. Astrus Prime

Astrus Prime Active Member

I\'m still kinda disappointed in the lack of a combined robot mode, but then you\'re asking a lot of Bayformer designs. Besides, we all remember how this type of thing turned out in ROTF.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    I fully expect Dragonstorm in the movie to be made up of either all the knights or at least three knights, with the toy just working with what they could within the budget.

• Like Like x 1
  19. captainnedloh

captainnedloh Nugget

News Credits:
    I feel the same. I feel like it's just gonna be a bunch of them mushed together at any given time. I mean in the trailer it appears that he doesn't really have a "coherent" alt mode and that the dragon is just a form these guys assume

• Like Like x 1
  20. Prime135

Prime135 Cyber Planet Key holder for "This Land"

News Credits:
    We've seen him combine in the trailer, it's just the two.

• Like Like x 2