Transformers Movie Studio Series In-Hand Images

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Black Convoy, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

Frankly, given that Blackout's hands are simple, three-digited thick mitts with only two joints per finger, I'll be surprised if we don't see a set of replacement hands sooner than later.

• Like Like x 8
  2. Ravage101

Ravage101 Well-Known Member

Where did you buy these?

3. Toolala

Toolala Breast Master

Thats not much of an improvement. why they couldn't just add a rotation joint on them is beyond me.

4. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    HTS. Generic Error

5. Chainlink

Chainlink No real than you are

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Surprisingly, they all look a lot better here than they did in the initial photos. Especially Prime. Still probably won't get him, but he doesn't look too bad!
    Not sure who all I'll get from this line. Starscream is a definite. May not even wait for a potential ROTF repaint and get this one. Blackout as well. Jazz and maybe Ratchet. Most likely pass on the rest. Still undecided on Grimlock.

• Like Like x 1
  6. skywarp-2

skywarp-2 Master of Teleportation

Ebay:
    Blackout looks great. I'm hoping for a Star Saber scale Masterpiece at some point.

• Like Like x 1
  7. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmmm just noticed Lockdown doesn’t seem to have green eyes that one on display at Toy Fair had. Shame.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I wonder if we’ll ever get a transforming SS toy with the jet engines on the back.

9. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hopefully the MPM can come through on this. It's very tough because the way the engines look in vehicle mode (slits on the rear) does not at all align with the kind of cone or funnel shaped look of the bits in robot mode. They'd likely have to be faux parts hidden somewhere in the jet mode.

10. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Where's my perfect Legends-scale Ultra Magnus?

News Credits:
    An ROTF Sidwswipe that doesn't have a ginormous backpack would be really nice you know.

And a new Jetfire not encumbered by having to become corpse armor for Optimus.

• Like Like x 5
  11. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Heh, the scorponok is a repaint of the one from the cyberverse DOTM Blackout set.

I think I said it before on here, but that Blackout could easily go on to be one of my all time favorite figures. While I have a lot of nostalgia for Beast Wars (as that is the era I grew up with) and I LOVED Animated, the movie was what really got me back into the franchise as someone on the verge of adulthood (the first film coming out between my junior and senior years in high school) and one of my all time greatest memories of the franchise is seeing that first movie in theaters on opening night..and then again several times the day and weeks after. That first transformation sequence with Blackout and the subsequent attack will always stick with me. The roll call scene too.

• Like Like x 10
  12. Richard McBeef

Richard McBeef Banned

I know that the new voyager Statscream is mostly an upscale of the awesome deluxe, I'm just trying to work out if there is any signifigant change/additions to the transformation. Either way, it'll be nice to have a voyager 'screamer that doesn't have hands hanging out of the jet mode's butthole.

13. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    - The chest panels are now sculpted multi-panels which fill out the torso ( unlike the deluxe which is a bit gappy there )
    - The new addition of balljointed wrist articulation of course
    - If you look closely at the high res photo's and the render, you can see this new voyager has new ratcheted shoulder joints and the hipjoints on the deluxe are balljoints, this voyagers has swivel hipjoints ; unclear if they're friction based or ratcheted.
    - And I'm sure they also reworked all the greeble sculpting and panel lines to proportionally scale with this bigger size.

• Like Like x 1
  14. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    Oh, I think my post was taken incorrectly. It was meant to poke fun at people who complain about shipping and tax. You have to pay to play, people who don't aren't being realistic.

Anywho... Got a small package from HTS. So small, I wasn't sure they sent me the right thing. They did. Other figures there for size comparison.

0220181146.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  15. Johntimus Prime

News Credits:
    While we'll never get a fully scale accurate Starscream, eyeballing this picture and that group shot makes me think this is the closest a Starscream will come to vehicle mode scale in a mainline as well:

4418245f72a9eb4347.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  16. Johntimus Prime

News Credits:
    Is that MPM Barricade and Battleslash and Roadtrap? You gotta hook me up!

• Like Like x 1
  17. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    Battleslash and Roadtrap were purchased through a seller on Facebook. MPM Barricade was purchased through TCP. Mine came with the Hasbro Far East sticker on the back and no TRU sticker on the front. Same figure, though.

18. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    You’re probably right, it’s just something that I haven’t seen them pull off yet so it would be cool to see them try. I also want to see a SS figure that can actually look UP, since he’s so often flying around and every goddamn figure makes it so that he’s looking at the ground when he flies!
    Reason enough to consider purchasing IMO

• Like Like x 1
  19. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    There is a distinction here:
    - the F22 has vector thrust nozzles
    - behind those thrust nozzles are the actual jet engines

So, on the CGi model, you see the actual jet engines on his back - not the thrust nozzles.
    The deluxe doesn't have actual engines on his back, but he does feature sculpted relief detail to mimic the engines.
    This new voyager seems to have the same sculpted detail on his back.

• Like Like x 5
  20. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah, thanks for clarifying. So it is possible then to have the engines on there come from a different part, they'd just need to find some way to incorporate them into the overall vehicle mode for hiding (but given the way they were able to hide a second dino head for Grimlock, I think they could pull it off - especially on an MPM!).