Transformers Movie Script - SPOILERS!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Steevy Maximus, Aug 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    keep in mind that draft is 6 months [half a year people] old

its probably gone through many, many, MANY revisions since then. many things you're all complaining about now coulda been addressed and fixed 6 months ago

2. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Well, hopefully they got rid of BB pissing on people.

3. cahenz

cahenz Member

Link?

Sooooo...does anyone have an active link to the script? You know, I doubt VERY seriously if the thing is even legit, but I'm one of those kids that loves knowing what he got for Christmas.

Oh, and to the smart a$$ who made the "Look at the whole thread" comment. Go &*%# yourself!

Everyone else is cool though.

4. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    *BUMP*

What, everyone has to be greedy pants?

Can I please get a copy of said script?

5. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

It's posted on the first page.

6. Packrat

Packrat New Member

Unfortunately, those links are no longer good, thus the reason why so many people are still asking for copies of the script.

I'd like to be added to the list as well. If a kind soul is emailing this around, please send me a copy at [email protected].

Jason

7. chocula78

chocula78 Satellite Systems Engr TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I have a copy, PM me if you need it. Personally, I liked it as a movie, but not as the first live action TF movie. If there are sequels, they better be packed with Trans on Trans action.

8. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I just tested the link on page 1. It works fine.

9. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

Check your PM.

10. evebird

evebird Waiting for Omega

Read through the whole thing last night.

SPOILERS BELOW!!!

+++

I found the overall story to be generally enjoyable. The story felt familiar but not overly cliched. The dialogue was mostly good. In fact, I thought there were some really choice lines. A few of the plot points seemed contrived, especially the defeat of Megatron. And some of the attributes and powers of the Energon Cube seemed a bit silly.

I especially liked the portrayal of Optimus Prime. And despite feeling otherwise initially, I actually got excited about Vortex, Brawl, and Scorponok (some of which may have new names now). Some of the action scenes sound very promising.

The most alarming thing for me, which others have mentioned, is the severe lack of characterization where the Transformers (i.e. the "Title Characters") are concerned. Most of the Decepticons have 2-3 lines at most. Some have no speaking parts at all. Megatron isn't awoken until the end of the final act. As for the Autobots, only Prime and Bumblebee are substantially "fleshed out" (ironic as that might sound). Ironhide, Jazz, and Ratchet are relegated to short appearances and minimal dialogue. One Autobot is killed in battle. But why should we care? It's not like we've become attached to a character.

A couple of specific questions:

* Why is it that Bumblebee can instantly scan a new vehicle and reconfigure himself, but he can't fix his own damn voice box? Seems a little strange.

*One of the first lines of the script presents "chaos" and "freedom" as opposing forces or ideas. I think they are actually more like two points along one continuum. One could argue that chaos is total freedom taken to the extreme. I know Beast Machines Megatron would agree with that ; )

I realize this is an early script. The producers have stated that the Transformers' role has increased since this document was written. I sure hope so. Because as it reads now, the Transformers/humans screen time ratio is very much the 70/30% originally posted months ago.

There is some really good potential here. Since this is a *work in progress* and the release date is almost a year and a half away from the date on the script, it is far too early to draw major conclusions. I'm not a huge fan of the designs. But the story has potential. I'm curious to see the visuals. And yes, I'm sure come July, I will be one of the first people to see this movie.

11. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    The flames are there to provide red and blue in robot mode. they needed a stylish way to segment a REAL truck into red and blue. flames it was.

12. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:

And I just tried it again and got a 404 error.

13. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    worked fine for me just now.

14. Majin Tenshi

Majin Tenshi Member

It didn't work for me at first either.
    I tweaked the file id to ...24 and got an invalid file page, after that it worked.

15. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
  16. millerlite

millerlite Member

Ebay:
    I Think The Script Has Changed Alot Cause Humans Die Here And I Read Somewhere I Don't Know where But I Can Find Out If You Want But No Humans Die (NO BLOOD).

17. millerlite

millerlite Member

Ebay:
    Oh There You Go.

- One of the producers told us that no humans get killed, and there is no blood. I HATE HATE HATE THAT!!! I don't give a fuck that no one was ever killed in the cartoon show. Screw the purists! This is supposed to be more real. I'm really disappointed in hearing that.

18. Exitspeed

Exitspeed Well-Known Member

SO far on on page 60 of the script (readin it at work when I can) and I'm really liking it so far.

Call me nuts...

19. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    Okay almond, then that would make me peanut :D 

Aside from the weak third act, I enjoyed the script myself

20. ixaigus

ixaigus Member

They could pull an X3 and have a scene at the end of the credits, having Megs' eyes glow and having him rise. My only hope is that they end up fixing Megs' head. It just looks like shit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.