Transformers Movie Rank (2014 Edition)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by roadbuster996, Jul 17, 2014.

?

Which is the best Transformers Live Action Film so far?

1. Transformers

38.5%
  2. Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Transformers: Dark Of The Moon

7.7%
  4. Transformers: Age Of Extinction

53.8%
  1. roadbuster996

roadbuster996 Well-Known Member

Now that Transformers: Age Of Extinction, which is Michael Bay's fourth installment in the series, it is time to see where it stands. You decide whether or not Michael Bay has either improved on the Transformers films or has not done them any justice.

In my own opinion, the first one is still the best and always will be.
    Reasons: -Good Story Focus
    - Best Autobots
    -Better Characters
    -Captures the true essence of Transformers
    -Memorable
    -Okay length

2. Age Of Extinction
    -Less crude humor
    -More robot interaction
    -Short Dinobot Screen time
    -Running Time
    -Great Action

3. Dark of The Moon
    -Great first act
    -Okay second act
    -Good robot to robot fight scenes
    -Improvement over Revenge Of The Fallen
    -Waste Of Shockwave
    -Action a big too long at the end

4.Revenge Of The Fallen (Do I bother?)
    -Too much crude humor
    -Unnecessary dialogue and scenes
    -Unfocused story
    -Forest Fight

My Rank:
    1. Transformers
    2. Transformers: Age Of Extinction
    3. Transformers: Dark Of The Moon
    4. Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen

2. MasterZero

MasterZero Taking a Break

I vote for AOE.

The first one, for me, comes up in third or even fourth place at times, depending on my mood. That, and bad jokes (Bee pissing on a guy, and Sam's Happy time) are worse offenses to me than being too long.

3. Decepticons

Decepticons B∆K. Bug-a-Boo Ghost.

News Credits:
    AoE, DotM, RoTF, TF1.

4. Autobots14

Autobots14 I'm pregant Trevor

Aoe, tf1, dotm, and rotf.

5. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agree with your list. From best to worse;

Transformers stripped down gives a fairly good story of the military battling the Transformers while showing a human caught in the battle between the Autobots and Decepticons. While their are issues, at this stage I've found ways to avoid them (Fan Edit) so the film is actually fairly quick and enjoyable. I honestly prefer this film a lot more since I started stripping the 'filler'

Transformers; AOE tells a fairly good though incredibly stretched storyline that sadly falls apart after an hour or so, but its still has enough good moments to keep me watching. Even though the runtime is insane and lots of character motivation doesn't make sense.

Transformers; DOTM gives us a good villain and a few good scenes, but sadly not much else. When thought about the film falls apart and its contradictions of the other films prevent it from being an enjoyable finale for me. The human characters are also all unlikeable at this stage with no proper motivations, goals or even logical thought progression.

Transformers; ROTF lacking the charm of the first film and sadly turning almost every character into a weak or comedic interpretation this film tries and fails to give the 'death of Optimus Prime' yet never sticks with the emotional impact choosing instead to throw in jokes and more stereotypes.

6. Megatron276

Megatron276 destroyer

AGE FTW. then the first one then second. The decepticons ruined dotm for me. Then the horrible human element didnt help. Damn shockwave getting pwned by a parachute, DAFUQ.

7. Decepticons

Decepticons B∆K. Bug-a-Boo Ghost.

News Credits:
    In Shockwave's defense, it took a lot to kill him. Being blinded and taken down by the combined forces of the military, NEST, and the Autobots.

8. Megatron276

Megatron276 destroyer

I mean brawl was tough to bring down, shockwave who is a huge killer with a mega big fat canon couldnt kill a few solders. STARSCREAM can take a beating from prime but shockwave cant take a parachute off his head.

9. imranbecks

imranbecks Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My ranking of the best live action TF movies...

1. Transformers
    2. Dark of The Moon
    3. Age of Extinction
    4. Revenge of the Fallen

10. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

I still say the first one is the best. Followed very closely by Revenge of the Fallen. I don't understand the absolute hate that the second one gets, but I think it's the most "fun" of all the movies.

I haven't decided if I like Age of Extinction more or less than Dark of the Moon though.

11. Alirius Prime

Alirius Prime Elite Sniper

News Credits:
    Please... Let's give ol' shocks a break. He only has one eye and that in itself is hell.

Anyway, I agree with the OP.

-Transformers(it still just has this charm to it)
    -AoE(I think this is second because they fixed so many things wrong with the others)
    -DOTM(it was... Nice to get this after ROTF)
    -ROTF(I was actually very, excited for this one at theaters and man... What did they do?)

12. Backpack

Backpack G1 forever.

I just don't know about AOE. Some of it was great, but I was also finding my self bored getting closer to the end. Bored in a Transformers movie.... is just crazy to me. And, there are just to many weird illogical leaps in the set up. First and formost.... why would the US goverment farm out this huge alien threat to a group contracted by the CIA? It's kind of crazy. They had this group already highly trained in dealing with alien robots... and had autobot allies to help in the task. The government according to dialog didn't want the autobots hunted down.......... so why?

On the other hand.... finally they gave TFs personality and let them talk to each other in more than a few scenes.

TF1 is still my favorite of all 4 movies, it makes the most sense.......... and treates all TFs like characters. At the very least they all had names.

I guess I'd say one is the best.... and the other three are an even tie. They each seem to have strengths and failings that kind of equal out in the end.

13. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    '07 had the heart and the magic.
    ROTF had the action.
    DOTM tried to get the heart back while keeping the action and the twists.
    AOE has the heart and the action.

They all have something l like.

14. Blazere

Blazere :)

News Credits:
    4-3-1-2

15. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    My Rank;

1: Transformers Age of Extinction - Robot dialogue, Lockdown was badass and Galvatron was cool look forward to him in TF5. Humans were very enjoyable.

2: Transformers 2007 - My first Transformers movie, loved it, loved the story and all the bots were cool especially Brawl :p . Too much human time though. Ratchet and Ironhide were quite funny.

3: Transformers Dark of the Moon - My favorite before AOE, loved the new guys, Dino, especially. Ironhide telling Mearing that Optimus is pissed Lol. The story was very G1 reminiscent and Sentinel Prime was a cool addition.

4: Transformers Revenge of the Fallen - I do not have as many low opinions as most people do for this film, but I'll admit it focused to much on Sam finding the Matrix. The Fallen was a great idea but was executed poorly. I feel that they could have had a direct follow on from the first film. The Fallen should not have been included, I feel they rushed to much into things.

Other than that, Sideswipes first scene was cool, the twins were OK, IMO but should have been designed differently with different VA's. Sam shouldn't have the Allspark's knowledge.

16. fire117

fire117 Well-Known Member

My ranking of the TF films from best to worst.

1 Transformers
    2 Revenge of the Fallen
    3 Age of Extinction
    4 Dark of the Moon

17. Scorpio

News Credits:
    This ^

If the parachute hadn't been their I'm guessing a lot of people would have been happier with his death scene - as he would have fought off a bunch of Autobots and ended up being killed due to the combined effort and finally finished by Prime.

The main issue with his death being that the human focus made it seem like they were the only reason for his death, when it took the combined efforts of the Autobots and humans to take him down.

Shockwave's death is actually very similar to Brawl's in that it took the combined effort of a group to take him down - though many attribute the 'human aspect' or his 'killing blow' as being the only part that matters.

18. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I haven't gotten around to seeing AOE yet with all my recent medical situations and not a fan overall of the Transformers movies so as of now my vote would be for TFTM...

19. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

Transformers (2007)
    not only is this the best Transformers film, but it's the best film of Micheal Bay's career. What should have been the most difficult to adapt turned into a real gem of it's genre. 10/10

Transformers: Age of Extinction (2014)
    this one was kind of like a new first one in many respects. I've only seen it once so I cannot comment specifically on all the little details that take multiple viewings to catch but I really enjoyed the overall tone of this film and it had the best ending since part 1 as well i would say. 7/10

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009)
    This film...i mean...it's got a lot of really cool stuff in it but it also has too much boy-coming-of-age stuff. It's enjoyable..I've seen it so many times...typical sequel...a ton of new characters..writers strike..allot on it's plate...could have been better but good enough for me. 5/10

Transformers: Dark of the Moon (2011)
    again, allot of good stuff in this film...love the first 1/2..love the Sentinel turn..but in the 3rd and what was supposed to be final & climatic act of the trilogy this film degrades into calamity if you're a fan of the decepticons. 3/10

20. Scorpio

News Credits:
    Just noting that it isn't too surprising that AOE is the only other film that seems to be getting a lot of votes - most likely due to a lot of people watching the film and voting based off recent impressions from a single viewing. DOTM will probably end-up with third place. With the general consensus being that ROTF sucked so most likely it will be in fourth place.