Transformers MMO?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Metal Chaos, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:

Stasis Lock is a mode of defeat like a knockout and you can be finished off while in stasis lock, it's just a matter of honor. Certain damage can leave you losing HP and energon over time if you are not repaired. At lower levels Stasis acts as rest, at higher levels it acts as a way to keep you from dying, sort of like a coma. You may walk away from a battle but you may not get far before collapsing.

With regular non beast era TFs there was stasis lock for those who were low on energy or badly damaged, look at G1.

This would be post modern, set in the future but before the great upgrade from autobots/decepticons to maximals/predacons, but since most MMOs have multiples worlds in their servers and through the use of Transwarp abilities players can choose G1 continuation era or beast era.

There will be beast modes. No powerlinking, sorry. No combining either but there will be NPC combiners such as gestalts.

There will actually be a type of powerlinking. With minicons though. A shield type minicon would powerlink to you to give you a forcefield, a sensor type minicon would powerlink to you to enhance your lock on abilities, let you spot invisible enemies though it does not render them fully visible and let you find things by seeing their energy signatures but these feats come at a price, the minicon will draw from your energon so be careful. The maximum minicons you can have with your character is 3 and the maximum that can powerlink with you at any time is 1, however this does not count target master minicons as powerlinked.

2. Metal Chaos

News Credits:

Would bore you or wouldn't bore you?

Combining wouldn't work, I have actually gone over it with experienced game programmers.

No army building but you forge alliances with other groups and make your own clan subfactions.

It would have to be pay to play, sorry. Cash shop items aren't always balanced and besides with pay to play everyone who plays it would be paying where as cash shop items only about 3% of the players would be paying for items and the servers would shut down very quickly. MMOs use huge servers in order to host all the information from your characters to the planets and making it cash shop items would leave the developers paying for the servers out of pocket which they just wont do, as soon as they see they are gonna be in a financial red zone they'll cancel the game so fast it'd make your head spin and you couldn't do or say anything about it cuz you would have gotten the game for free.

Pay To Play > Cash Shop Items

3. Vladakris

Vladakris Predacon

Ah that would suck P2P. Then id never get to play it.

4. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    How old are you? 10-15 a month a game as grand as this wouldnt be too much, especially if you have a job.

Here's something to lift your spirits.

There would be rampant, NPC foes for everyone to fight, like sharkticons and allicons as well as organic beasts on other planets. These will be hostile against Autobots and Decepticons so both sides should be wary.

5. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    Planets of TFO

Cybertron (State of War) : Home to the majority of Transformers. Both factions have bases here and it has a wide variety of upgrade shops, repair bays and battle zones. Has a wide a wide variety of alt modes.
    Energon Chips can be obtained here.

Speed Planet (Neutral): Home of the fastest bots alive and your best place for fast alt modes and speed upgrades. Holds Cyber Races every six days, costs energon to enter but the winner takes all. Speed Chips can be obtained here.

Jungle Planet (Hostile): The home of the wildest bots around and the best place to get animal alt modes, but be careful as the call of this Jungle can leave you feral.
    Beast Chips can be obtained here.

Earth (Autobot Allies): Home to humans and the widest variety of alt modes, there are several key locations here for Transformers to visit such as Autobot City and Decepticon City.

Giant Planet (Neutral): Some big bots live here, be careful you aren't squashed. This planet is better known as a factory planet as it's the best place to get heavy grade weapons as well as larger ship/base components, heavy gravity makes for slower movement but it also makes for stronger steel.
    Density Chips can be obtained here.

Planet X (Neutral): A seedy planet where anyone can mingle with the sleaziest smugglers the Universe has to offer. Autobots and Decepticons alike can make purchases here as well as get any information they may need. Other than being the black market planet of the TF Universe not much else is known about Planet X's history or its ties to Cybertron.
    X Chips can be obtained here.

Junk Planet (Autobot Allies): One of the Universe's largest junk yards, run by Wreck-Gar and the Junkions, a great place to get spare parts for ship repair, building weapons or feeding minicons.
    Junk can be obtained here.

Scrap Planet (Hostile): One of the Universe's most dangerous places to collect junk but if you can survive you can gather some of the best scrap parts there are. Be warned though, this planet is home to the swarms of metal eating menaces are known as Scrapmetals, these beasts will eat anything from ship hulls to full sized autobots.
    Scraps can be obtained here.

I'll now go over what the Chips and other obtainable items are for.

Force Chips: Force Chips are used for temporary boosts in specific attributes.

Energon Chips: Gives you a boost in Energon levels and also increase your firepower.

Speed Chips: Gives you a boost in speed and agility.

Beast Chips: Increases all damage for beast alt modes.

Density Chips: Gives you a boost to defense and strength by increasing your density but it slows your movement.

X Chips: These Chips enhance random abilities and are more potent than regular Force Chips. Using these too much can cause adverse effects.

Junk: Can be used for repairs or fed to minicons to help them evolve.

Scrap: Parts that are still in tact enough to be used, perfect for getting cheap ship upgrades but are usually a bit obsolete.

6. Fez Findie

Fez Findie Well-Known Member

Wow, a Mecha game that was made to suck, how am I not surprised?

7. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    so what's everyone think of my force chip and planet ideas? I used the energon stars from the Energon series as the basis for the Chips and took their names from the Planet/Cyber Keys from Cybertron.

8. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    Protoforms would go by movie designs but alt modes and bot modes would be IDW/Dreamwave designs, no movie looking bots.

There would be a semi-leveling system. The more knowledge, skill, strength and power you gain the stronger your spark gets. Get strong enough and you'll need to upgrade to function properly. Your systems won't work right if they can't sync with your spark. To make sure your systems are working right pay attention to your systems monitor as well as have regular maintenance via CR chambers.

Minicons will be very rare but obtainable. They are not something that 1 of out 100 monsters will drop. In TFO you will be able to explore various planets and the depths of space. Minicons will be hidden in different places, they may be buried by seven million years worth of hardened magma or stashed aboard a derelict space cruiser in an unknown galaxy.

Minicons will not be slaves or tools, they will be partners and friends and you would be wise to treat any you find with respect. Newly activated minicons are in protoform stage, at this stage they are weak and fragile. The more time you spend with your minicon the more attached to you they grow and if your bond is strong enough they'll begin to resonate with you. By them resonating with you they form a link between their spark and yours.

When a minicon resonates with you it means he is scanning your form in order for him to be able to powerlink with you, this is the stage in which a minicon takes his alt mode and becomes able to integrate spare parts into his body. Be wise in which attribute you choose for him to augment because he can only augment one power. If you lack defense feed him shield items, if you lack offense feed him weapon parts to turn him into a target master, if you lack clarity of sight feed him sensor parts to make him a sensory minicon.
    Treat your minicon like he were another player and he'll never leave your side.

9. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    I've had an idea similiar to this for awhile too, something more crackdown meets GTA in freedom and customization, but also all the aspects from the Transformers DS game with better more refined GTA like controls.
    This way you have a full on ever growing world, and offworld, which can be connected by space bridge locations. You get realtime combat, and you get all the combat you suggested between modes. The various creatures and vehicles of each locale provide scanning material, and also the longer you keep a form the more you can upgrade it, whenever you ditch your form for a new, it must be reupgraded. Upgrades can vary from more firepower, to triplechanging and potentially even becoming a gestalt limb. Combat techniques, and Bot martial arts always stay, even more reason to upgrade those first over heavy fire power. Various quest labs could also grant this based on exp gathered while in a certain form.
    Various places could offer combat techniques too, to level up etc, to give more tactics than just laser fire, and who has the bigger gun.
    And besides just scanning alt modes, you can of course deck them out like you would any customized car engine in current racing games. Buying expanded non stock parts, aftermarket accessories etc. Even more reason to stick with one alt as opposed to rescanning all the time.
    Something more thirdperson shooter/action adventure is needed definitely.

Something turn based or click and watch would just be too boring for transformers. Except for the advance wars like cellphone game, that was just perfect for slow battle.

10. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    mAKE IT HAPPEN!!! You're making me feel like someone is working on this.

11. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    I'd totally dig a TF MMO with customizable character types!

12. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    Guys you have no idea how I wish this was happening. I'd gladly lead the team of devs that made this game to victory. I'd even give 1/4 of my salary to hasbro to increase QC.

13. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    Another feat I think most people would love in this game would be Holomatter projectors like they have in the IDW Comics. This would give you the ability to blend in on alien planets even more, since going around as a talking car might scare off the locals or attract needless attention. It would be easier to get around the planet disguised as a local, make it easier to gather information too.

Your holomatter form would be extremely customizable. Everything from hair, eyes, skin tones, facial hair, clothes and tattoos would be customizable. In this form you can even carry around weapons, albeit less threatening than anything your true form carries around, you'll still be able to defend "yourself" in a fight.

Having a holomatter form will also let your continue to roam around even if your body is being repaired/restored/reformatted in a CR Chamber so no time is truly wasted. You could even be stranded on an alien planet while your body is severely damaged and park/store yourself somewhere safe while your internal system effect repairs and use your holoform to scout around and see what's up.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Holomatter

14. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    sounds good man

15. -Mainframe-

-Mainframe- Well-Known Member

Like City of Heroes?

I'd want to build my own bases and cities.
    Control my own army.
    Dinobots, Triple Changers, and Combiners.

What about making your own insignia and faction name?

This game wouldn't be that good if you couldn't create your own army of Transformers.

16. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    You could build your own base but it'd take a lot of energon, materials and time. In TFO bases wouldn't be something you could only access via teleporting like CoH/CoV, it'd be accessible like a building is in real life, you can see it and you can interact with it. This also means automated defense systems and radars are a must as your base will be attackable.

Bases can be built many places though Cybertron would not be one of them as it's the main place in the game as it already contains numerous bases for Autobots and Decepticons alike as well as numerous safe havens.

You find a large asteroid in orbit near a cluster of stars? Set up a transwarp beacon so you can find it again. Now you can build a base on it and be sure to take advantage of of the star clusters by putting up a solar generator and absorbing solar energy to run your base and power your weapons. After you build it up be sure to add a hangar and/or a space port so ships can dock at your base.

There will also be many types of bases.

Large: Full scale base, these take the longest to build and require the most defense.

Medium: More or less a starter bots base of choice.

Small: Basically used as hidden bases and use minimal resources, think of it as base away from base, a place for you to hide out for a while.

Mobile Base aka Home Ship: Any of the larger star ships that you have upgraded with necessities such as repair bays, CR Chambers and munitions factories. These are the most versatile bases and they can be taken just about anywhere. Customize them how you see fit but try to remember to keep supplies in stock as there are no stores in dead space.

Controlling your own army is a no, I'm guessing you played a Mastermind in CoV? You will be able to recruit NPCs into your group/clan and give them orders but how they respond will depend on your relationships with them, whether or not you treat them good or bad affects how they take orders. Beware some mercenaries abandon you once you stop paying them.

Creating subfactions will be doable as it will be the same as making a clan. Making your own insignia will be different as you would have to upload the faction symbol you designed and await a game manager to ok it, to avoid someone uploading indecent material such as a vulgar image or a swastika to the side of their ship. Getting an ok would probably take about 24-72 hours as im sure game managers would be quite busy.

Also making your clan would not be something you could so early in the game, it depends on how well known your character is in the game among the different worlds and the NPC culture. This keeps noobs from spamming clan memberships and makes the game more enjoyable to those who are dedicated to actually playing the game instead of forming a clan and having everyone do their dirty work for them.

Building your own cities is a no. Controlling Continuity characters like the Dinobots is also a no and no one will be able to control combiners nor can anyone be combiners but their will be NPC combiners that you can fight along side of if they need assistance and you may even have to fight an NPC combiner in the game.

does that answer your questions?

17. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

I like most of what you have to say. Tho I do have some constructive criticism, if you don't mind:

This is just personal preference, but you could have a lot of different factions other than the most famous ones. I remember reading one website that went into quite a lot of detail about a possible TF mythos. Some of the different factions on there were quite interesting. I think one faction was a neutral faction. Another was a cult that worshipped Unicron and another that worshipped Primus. Then you had your normal Autobots and Decepticons. Finally, I think they had a group that served the Quintessons. \\

One of the main reasons people play an MMO is for the immersion into a fake reality. Why not give that reality a believable, single timeline? With its own history of how things happened. Racial tensions, past wars, etc. You should think about all that aspect of the MMO also. Some people like immersing themselves that deep in a fake world. I've seen guys on WoW read EVERY single book in the game and know the books inside and out.

Basically, it would be cool to pull upon the MYTHOS of one continuity rather than make it an amalgam of all the different TFs you could possibly have. I don't see how a mechanical gorrila would be any match to a space jet. ESP if you use realistic scale - which I am assuming you are cuz the rest of your ideas are quite realistic.

The last point is that, honestly, a car or tank would be mince meat fighting an aerial jet. One is basically just a sitting duck. A car basically only moves on a 2-D plane, while a jet can manuever in 3 dimensions. So a jet is FAR more difficult to hit. Also, air is much easier to move through than trudging along the ground. So basically, all the Autobots in their car mode would be mince meat in seconds against a realistic aerial attack.

Oh, one other thing I thought of. Why not try to include the DISGUISE aspect to Transformers? Kinda like the original Metal Gear. Instead of guns and lasers blazing everywhere, why not take up the disguise part? That would give a GREAT reason to choose a Ford Focus alt mode if the city is FULL of Ford Focuses.

18. Draeck

Draeck Tanks can bounce

Dude, this sounds freaking awesome, I would give my left kidney to be able to work on something like this :drool: 

Sounds like a really good idea, it's a lot to process though, and it's kinda late for me to say anything sensible.... but I'm keeping tabs on this thread, digg the brainstorming going on in here

19. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ugh, I hate first person. :( 

Rest sounds nifty though.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2008
  20. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    doesn't have to stay first person, would be able to switch to third person on the fly. Third person would help a lot during melee brawls, just shooting would be better in first person as it'd be more accurate.