Transformers Masterpiece - Wishlist

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Sep 3, 2013.

?

Do you want....

1. More pre-movie G1 characters?

178 vote(s)
    70.6%
  2. More post-movie G1 characters?

74 vote(s)
    29.4%
  1. CLM

CLM Well-Known Member

One thing I see with the masterpieces is they are modernizing toys that were essential bricks that were not very screen accurate... and actually were not even designed to be transformers in the first place! Many Many later iterations have figures that have much higher representation between toy and fiction... in fact the toys were actually designed for the line.

Many figures have gotten updated figures that could almost be considered a masterpiece version of their original toys.. Rattrap and Rhinox for example. And many lines actually have figures that likely would not benefit from trying to "masterpiece" them like the animated line.

And then there are lines that really beg updates because the gimmick laden minds of Hasbro handicapped most of the line as in Armada, although they have been releasing updated figures occasionally.

You could say Masterpiece is actually releasing the toys for that first series that we had only borrowed stand ins for originally... that were bricks ;) 

Chris

2. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

Yes

3. Jazz342

Jazz342 Well-Known Member

Ya think MP 30 will already be next year? Powermaster Prime would definitely be a want....But would it use MP 10 for the base figure or would it be an entirely new mold like Ultra Magnus?

4. griffn29

griffn29 Well-Known Member

The only masterpieces we need is a new movie optimus prime that is actually a good figure and a movie bumblebee that has a better transformation thats just not the same transformation that every bumblebee movie figure ever has

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YES.

Also yeah there's a MP speculation thread, and this'll get closed/merged, but what the heck it needs to be out there.

6. Raining8s

Raining8s Decepticon

News Credits:
    It seems like to me they are already kind of moving on with Star Sabre.

7. Anti-Venom

Anti-Venom Well-Known Member

I would drool all over Beast Wars MPs...

8. Autobot Dave

Autobot Dave Photobot

Some of you have commented the reason MP TFs work so well for G1 is because the toys don't match up to the animation models, while most lines since do.

With that in mind - and pretending that's the criterion for MP expansion - I only see Beast Machines and the Movieverse "needing" MPs. Don't get me wrong, I'd love a Masterpiece Fire Convoy, RID Scourge, Transmetal Megatron and Primal, Galaxy Convoy, etc. I just think the other lines "need" it more. Except maybe Beast Machines.

Because no one likes Beast Machines.

Have fun, all!

Edit: I'd, of course, love all those after getting my G1s :D 

9. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Call me crazy, but I think the Generations line's working for Beast Wars, Rhinox and Waspinator are amazing.

And G2 MPs? An entire MP line of repaints?

10. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    We already have that. It's RoF Buster Optimus Prime and Battle Ops Bumblebee.

Perfect versions of both movie characters.

11. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i wouldn't buy anything other than g1

12. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I would LOVE Masterpiece Transmetal Beast Wars toys.

Yes, the ones that came out back in the day are all really good and very screen-accurate (for the most part), but I think they could be made even BETTER.

At the top of my list would be Megatron and Tarantulas, they would make gorgeous Masterpieces. Rattrap and Cheetor would be awesome too.

13. jayman118

jayman118 Well-Known Member

Ill say it again, ill support the MP line till i get my MP beastwars lols and complete cast of MP transmetal? yes pls!

14. TheShockwave48

TheShockwave48 Kinda sorta artist

News Credits:
    *whispers* Star Saber is G1. Not US G1, but G1 nonetheless. Anyways, as others have said, the only other lines that would NEED Masterpiece treatment are Beast Machines and Movieverse. Not to say I wouldn't want a Masterpiece Tarantulas, Fire Convoy or, Prime Megatron. Recent Gen. Beast Wars have been pretty much Masterpieces from what I've seen.

15. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Well, they kinda already did. Twice.

Brave Series - MPB-01 Masterpiece - King Exkizer - MISB

That's the first. They also did the Dragon Kizer, which can be found on ebay for prices floating around the $400 range. I've been looking. :(  I know you specified Transformers, but I think these two actually make a point - Exkaiser (or Exkizer, whichever you like) is pretty easy to find for around $100, but Dragon Kaiser (or Kizer, again), is uber rare, which tells me, super limited run, which is why he's demanding that $400 price tag.

I think, business-wise, they're doing exactly what they need to be doing. They were able to design and develop Wheeljack without having to consider any other character in mind for the mold, which means they're making some good money on what they're doing now. That doesn't mean they're in a position to be taking uncomfortable risks yet.

Sure. I'd definitely LIKE to see some non-G1 MPs. Honestly speaking, though, I'm actually pretty happy to see some non-US G1 MPs. I'm really curious to see what MP Star Saber brings to the table.

Also, Autobot Dave, I liked Beast Machines. The show, anyway. I have no experience with the figures. But I never saw it when I was a kid - I watched it as an adult, and appreciated the very dark story that was told through some very off-and-on storytelling. Sometimes painful. It was very 90s. I don't blame anyone for hating it.

Also, I've had a few beers, so don't take anything I've said as fact. It's just my take on things. I'm probably just rambling by now.

16. Anti-Venom

Anti-Venom Well-Known Member

^ I really liked Beast Machines too. The only thing that bugged me was Tankor.
    SO bring on the MPS!

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Star Saber IS G1 though.

Plenty of people do.

They certainly deserve more recognition than non-entities like Star Saber.

18. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    I like to see some beast wars figures. Also more g2 repaints.

19. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

I'm only interested in G1, US and Japanese G1. I pass on all the Diaclone, G2, and random deco variants. Exhaust is the only exception because of that damn Wheeljack Instant Immobilizer.

20. RotorstormNZ

RotorstormNZ Well-Known Member

I would like to see later lines, but certainly not yet if we go into MPs based on Machine Wars and later. I just think more time needs to pass, more demand created - I get the feeling the customers who buy MPs are those who grew up watching The Transformers the first or maybe second time (like me) around. That nostalgia would be a key part of the purchase.

I'm sure many of us agree that there are still US G1 characters (Autobot vans, Shockwave and Megatron V2!!!) still yet to get MPs who deserve them before any other lines get done - Star Saber is G1, but because of the Fan's Choice element I think he's something of an exception. Imagine the outcry if MP Optimus Primal had been MP-25!

Short answer - yes, bearing in mind the time limitation/nostalgia factor.