Transformers Masterpiece - Wishlist

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Sep 3, 2013.

?

Do you want....

1. More pre-movie G1 characters?

178 vote(s)
    70.6%
  2. More post-movie G1 characters?

74 vote(s)
    29.4%
  1. onnsake

onnsake champ

News Credits:
    My favorite characters (Soundwave and his tapes and Rodimus Prime) have already been made, so there's no one I'm really dying to get to.

I'd of course prefer a smaller Hot Rod in the Hasui style, but I think that would piss a lot of people off that are waiting for NEW characters, so it's a good thing I'm not in charge huh?

I'd really love to see more G1/Diaclone cars. I would hope Tracks or Hound would be soon, cause they would stand out on the shelf compared to all the white/red/yellow (not that I wouldn't love an Ironhide, Ratchet, Jazz, and Sunstreaker.)

Perhaps an unpopular opinion, but other than Bumblebee (or a remold into Goldbug) I have NO desire for any mini-bots. I'll pass on those.

I'd buy a Megatron or Galvatron...probably.

Honestly, other than the Autobot cars (which everyone else is clamoring for) I'm pretty much content to see what they come up with next. I'm buying Bumblebee but passing on Magnus, Star Saber and Exhaust, so I hope the next one is something I want!!

2. Alteron_Sheng

Alteron_Sheng 'Tis an Kitbasher & Elder TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The triple changers!
    Give me a MP Springer first and foremost, with the Decepticon trio close to follow! ^^ (Also, Broadside)
    More MP Seekers! I neeeeeeeeeed purple MP seekers! Also, Starscream and Skywarp!
    I'd love to see a MP movie leader triad (Galvatron, Cyclonus and Swoop)
    Plus, gimme a dedicated Hot Rod toy and an MP Elita One.

3. davidargile

davidargile Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Large

megatron
    galvatron
    jetfire/skyfire
    omega supreme
    shockwave

medium

tracks
    springer
    arcee
    jazz
    hoist
    trailbreaker
    grapple
    ironhide
    racheat
    sunstreaker
    hound

small

cliffjumper
    brawn
    insecticons

4. zappatton2

zappatton2 Well-Known Member

That, sir, is the best idea I've heard all day (mind you, it's 7am here, but I seriously doubt it will be topped). I would be so happy with this.

5. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

This might be a dumb thing to say, but I wish they wouldn't make MP city-formers. They could never make them big enough, obviously. I'd love an Omega Supreme as tall as Generations Metroplex, though. I think I'd be ok with Overlord, too. He was as tall as God Ginrai who was as tall as Star Saber, so he'd work.

Thinking about it, I wonder if Fortress Maximus could work. If Cerebros was as tall as the Lambos, Datsuns, and Wheeljack, he could fold into a fairly compact head that might look reasonably ok on a 2 or 2.5 foot body. The thing is, though, I think Cerebros was closer to Ironhide in size based off the Japanese Headmasters... If Fortress Maximus was 2-3 feet tall, I wonder if they could keep the price between $300-400.

6. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

I can't believe they still haven't done a Shockwave. :( 

3 foot tall Masterpiece Fort Max would probably end up costing $800 or something equally ridiculous.

7. Dean ML

The thing is so many collectors thought Ultra Magnus and Star Saber, due to their size and complexity, would cost $300, but of course we had our minds blown when we found out they'd retail for less than half that (before shipping). If Fortress Maximus was three times the size I think we could get him for $400.

8. GreyRouge

GreyRouge The Master of Motors!

News Credits:
    I'm hoping for a MP Shockwave. Ever since DOTM Shockwave has been my favorite Decepticon. Hope he turns into both a gun and a turret/tank.

9. Dean ML

You know he'll be G1 Shockwave, right? This dude...

Attached Files:

10. GreyRouge

News Credits:
    Yes I know it was just I first encountered Shockwave in DOTM and ROTDS and his G1 character is so cool. The Cyclops eye really sells him for me with the light piping.

11. Dean ML

Yeah, truly an iconic character in both the cartoons and comics. No doubt he's on the way. Wonder if he'll be a parts former or all in one?

12. GreyRouge

News Credits:
    I also hope he comes with his signature hose.

13. Dean ML

No doubt he will.

14. Mixmaster

Mixmaster 4F 68 A0 54 69 74 73 21

News Credits:
    Updated wishlist, in no particular order:

• Sunstreaker
    • Mirage
    • Jazz
    • Cyclonus (Has the potential to be a kibble-less jet)
    • Insecticons
    • Tracks (only if they do the black repaint)
    • Shockwave
    • Wingthing (Ratbat repaint)
    • Astrotrain

15. Jerrymiru

Jerrymiru TF Ninja

Non G1 Masterpiece

Just putting it out there if it hasn't already...

Would you like to see others get the MP treatment other than G1?

They could do different lines at the same time as well. G1, G2, Beast Wars, Headmasters, Prime, etc...

Does there have to be a time limitation? There are collectors already that grew up watching the more recent transformers than us older ones with G1 & G2 now. (GASP)

So, what do you think?

16. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  17. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

inevitable thread-merging aside, i think part of the the reason we've all gone ape for them is that most of the toylines have been pretty true to the cartoon past G1.

A large part of the appeal of the MP line is that we've never had 'proper' G1 versions of most of these figures, and now all the sad old gits who are enough to have had them as kids have enough disposable income to spunk it on gratuitously overpriced toys. Alongside alternators, the MP line is one of the shining stars in the TF crown, it takes the heady mix of nostalgia and modern engineering of the Generations line and takes it to the next level. Hopefully we bought enough of the damn things to convince hasbro to keep the line going!

As far as the other lines go, Beast Wars had some pretty freaking awesome figures. the ACE wilderness years wasn't my bag at all but deeply misguided people clearly still bought them. TFA toys were all masterpieces, Prime line was a mixed bag but jam full of quality figures. All the Movie lines apparently did well enough to justify subsequent films and produced ROTF prime which is easily one of the best figures they've ever produced.....

we don't talk about beast machines LALALLALALALALA I CANT HEAR YOU LALALLALLLAAALALALLALLALA

18. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    I think they should finish whatever g1 / g2 characters they had planned before diving into the other lines.

19. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

Exactly! without Jazz, ironhide, and all the other massively popular characters they'd be shooting themselves in the foot.

Finish G1, then start 'Masterpiece Gen 2' and do something new and exciting with the line. Fucking powermaster prime MP-30 2015!

20. TerminusTypeR

TerminusTypeR Girl robot nerd

News Credits:
    I'd absolutely buy some Beast Wars, Beast Machines (it'd never happen but a man can dream..), or Armada Masterpieces. As much as I like the current Generations figures I'd go nuts for a nice Masterpiece Dinobot or Hotshot or something.

Really, I'd just like to own some Masterpieces because the engineering and such seems really great but G1 doesn't really interest me too much. I respect G1 and I totally get that the current Masterpieces are awesome, but I got too many other things to buy to spend that much on a toy of a character I'm not too into.