Transformers Masterpiece MP-53 Skids

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by PoweredConvoy, Dec 31, 2020.

1. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

Is Skids up for PO yet?
    Will he be up on AJ?

2. WreckerImpactor

WreckerImpactor Well-Known Member

Definitely going to pick up Reboost. Hope the wait for Crosscut isn't too long

• Like Like x 1
  3. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What kind of alt face did you have in mind? Is there something wrong with the one that comes with him? I actually made a face for Savant but then XTB released their revised face so I abandoned it but I could probably resurrect it and adapt it to Skids if there's a need (and if his head comes apart in a way that makes it easy to get at his face).

Well I can't do anything about them not including her but if you have access to a decent 3D printer, one will be available for printing soon (I'm also planning on selling printed kits for painting and assembly). It's not the same scale as the previous MP figures, though - it's 1/30 scale: around the same as MP Spike that comes with Hound and the same scale as Spike and Carly coming from Warriors Workshop.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  4. Moonminer

Moonminer Moonminer

Cant wait. This looks like the return of the Hasui MP golden era (im not sure if hes behind the design, but he probably is). Im hoping for more beautiful toy designs like this in the MP line.

5. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

The Damned Flatlands. (I need mountains!)
    I may have to get both of these just to build a decent toy-like Skids through parts swapping, at the expense of Reboost. But hell, he has no history anyway. It'll still require some paint work, regardless.

I really don't understand why they chose an animation color scheme for a character that had virtually no presence in the cartoon. I can deal with the generic toon head (even if I don't like it), but two shades of blue (and too much of it) don't make for an appealing presentation. Seems like a waste of the Hasui-like design.

6. mute

mute Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Please do a police version...

• Like Like x 1
  7. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh no, nothing wrong with it. Was just imagining the regular gamut of expressions we usually see with our average MPs (smiling, shout, etc) since it seems we'll be getting jack squat. And hey, what a way to revive an old project, i'll say, haha.

Awesome Charlene by the way!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Optimus Prime23

Optimus Prime23 Lighting our Darkest Hour

News Credits:
    No, because racism.

• Like Like x 3
  9. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All i thought was this

• Like Like x 2
  10. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    I'm also interested in the final yen price. This mold doesn’t look overly complicated and the accessory count is low.

I want them, but I don’t need them. Skids I really liked in prototype form but the cartoon paintjob and headsculpt suck. So I might skip him in hopes of a toy version later on. Reboost is great looking though, but I have no attachment to Diaclone variants whatsoever. So as much as I hate it since I do like the return to more toy-inspired MP’s, I may have to pass on these. But I do want to see the official set of promotional pictures before making that decision.

One thing I do like in a twisted kind of way though is Skids guns. One is painted cartoony, one entirely silver. Because well, he’s a mix of toon and toy. That has to be intentional.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    As I suspected, light accessories, low parts count, and simple transformation = low price.

12. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    Reboost sounds better and better.

13. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

I agree. I wish the Diaclone-themed head sculpt and paint treatment had been given to Skids instead (in the appropriate hues, of course). I spent much more time playing with the G1 Skids toy than I did watching him for a few seconds on the cartoon. After dishing out slavishly animation-styled Masterpiece figures for the past few years, you'd have thought Skids would be an easy bone to toss to the G1 toy fans. Instead, we get half a bone. Cartoon purists don't give a whit about Skids-- I guess this one is truly designed for the Marvel comic fans? Whatever. I guess I can get creative with paint and an alternative head.

Oh well, at least I do happen to like Diaclone variants, and Reboost looks the part. I've just been waiting for a proper Skids for ages, and this one is so close...

• Like Like x 2
  14. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    very much doubtful!! i can't see why they would do one there has never been a police version of skids

15. neeral36

neeral36 The Lost Wrecker

News Credits:
    Skids does not come with his scooter. Blasphemy!!!!!!!

16. Arie

Arie One Man Army

News Credits:
    Cartoon purist here, and loving the looks of Skids nevertheless. :p 

• Like Like x 2
  17. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

With that generic head and bland paint scheme, I don’t doubt it. Too bad there’s so much greeble in the sculpt, eh? Sand down the plastic to a featureless finish, and he might fit in nicely with MP-47 and the new Seekers.

Oh well, I like to modify my figures anyway. Guess I’ll order some paint.

18. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly Reboost is the main attraction here, with his full accessories and his Motocompo. Skids is the obligatory redeco they're doing to check off a completionist's box.

• Like Like x 6
  19. Memph99Q4Ev

Memph99Q4Ev Well-Known Member

Likewise. This is fine for a character like Skids as the toy was the reason he was even considered as a kid (originally, I didn't know he was in the toon at all).

...I would like them to keep it OG for the rest of the G1 cast, though. If I wanted a stylized G1 fig, there's Universe, Generations, Seige, and multiple more clllections to choose from.

• Like Like x 1
  20. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    Hasui isn't on the MP line anymore. The Skids project (along with Raiden, Starscream and likely Skyfire) is spearheaded by the designer of the original G1 figure, Ōno. He's a legend.

Don't expect the MP line at large to change course. Show accuracy is still the name of the game. But it is neat that Skids is a "hybrid style" design (as TakaraTomy calls it).

• Like Like x 10