Transformers: Lost Light #1 (SPOILERS INSIDE)

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by VRDUBZAK, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    So maybe it was good after all I've mailed them. Maybe you guys should too. I also said I liked the new artist, because I did not want it to come across that the new artist would be bad. That'd be unfair.

• Like Like x 1
  2. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Just reading this again on the train this morning and noticed something; is that flathead at the end Swindle? Purple torso and mustard limbs isn't that popular a colour combo, is it?

3. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Huh. Thought I remembered Milne confirming the switching arcs bit on twitter, and that he was just miffed that he didn't get the opening arc/mad that that he had to hear that from someone else first.

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Definitely.

Dying of the Light moved way too slowly despite how important it was.

5. NoiseMaker

NoiseMaker Well-Known Member

that is exactly what i was thinking of... will have to wait and see for confirmation i guess.

I do like JL's art though.. I also miss AM's. oh well you cant please everyone all the time.

6. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anode I am going say she is not like Getaway but more like River Song type of character. Anode is important somehow.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Noxex

Noxex Well-Known Member

Alex is doing a varient cover for Lost Light #2 for what its worth...

8. TF14

TF14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah he said he's been doing variants and but hasn't been given work on any issues yet and hasn't even been told if he's going to get any interior work at all yet

9. WilyMech

News Credits:
    I admit I am confused by the Alt Mode in the Fuctionist Society as being useful. I can understand why Rewind is considered a threat because he archives data. Even the fact that some of the Cybertronians have some useless alt modes. This applies to Soundwave alt mode into cassette deck. Even racing vehicles are not practical. Never mind that Prowl is not Cybertron since he is in exile due to the fact that he is Cold Constructed. I mean what is a useful alt mode to Cybertronians and what is not. It is not amount of Shannix you have and it is a matter how unique and useful your alt mode. Take Mirage for example his alt mode is not very practical there fore in this world his status not that high nor he would be considered a noble. Hound could have a higher station in this universe because he is a scout and his alt mode is practical but not unique. So in essence Soundwave may have the highest rank because his alt mode is unique and highly functional. Given Blaster is also Cold Constructed the Fuctionist Counsel banished all Cold Construct mechs. It will be interesting to see how this spins out.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  10. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Same here, if they create a new character with a cool design and interesting personality fine.
    But i'd still far prefer they would alter the personality of an old pre-existing character (G1 or otherwise) to fit their needs, so someone who hasnt featured much in fiction would get some characterdevelopment than they create new characters.

So they finally arrived in TF1984 huh? Well we asked for it, and to be fair it was bound to happen.
    Seems like Rung gets damaged by the jump? Maybe there can be only one.

11. Thelonicon

Thelonicon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Functionist Council has no qualms flat out killing those it seemed redundant or useless, so the idea that they would "deport" CC bots instead of "recalling" seems unlikely. Although I suppose it is possible that the deportation of CC bots occurred prior to the mass recalls. I could see the council lying about the deportations and the circumstances similar to early Nazi propaganda regarding Jewish "relocations."

In short, I don't expect that most of our CC faves are still kicking in the Functionist universe. Although if they are, then that could provide a ready made army to use against the Functionist Council and its enforcers.

12. WilyMech

News Credits:
    I kinda see it as propaganda with the CC. However,. I am more interested in what constitutes as better alt mode

13. HereticalHeresy

HereticalHeresy Decepticon

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    I'm a bit confused as to how you are confused, because it seems you actually understand how it works. For example, Soundwave does have a technically useless alt-mode, so therefore it's possible he was recalled. The council is the one who deems what alt modes are appropriate or not, like how it's evident they killed off the Lunabots, because space travel wasn't necessary.

14. WilyMech

News Credits:
    I am curious to what is the criteria what is useful alt mode

15. HereticalHeresy

HereticalHeresy Decepticon

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Oh okay. I think it's just whatever the council deems important at the time. That'll be expanded on in this arc hopefully.

16. rlmiddleton

rlmiddleton Don’t call me a member thank you very much.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    So Anode still has the Snowflake artefact I guess. I wonder if it has any further role past the obvious joke.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Zenstrive

Zenstrive Well-Known Member

Functionist World!
    Now I want Purple Rodimus!
    Make it Quick, MMC or SXS!
    Rung coughed out after his chest shone maybe another clue that the Geobomb made the whole planet shifts dimensions.
    Too bad for Minimus, he is out of Ultra Magnus armor!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Strawberrytop00

Strawberrytop00 Derpticon

Eh...not quite digging new characters, I still wanna know more about the ones we've got. I am excited for Roller though...I gotta find a new favorite since Tarn got....killed....Roller might be it. Brainstorm was a favorite but I feel like he's getting pushed back a bit and is just there when they need some special device.
    Am I alone here in not liking Tailgate anymore...I don't know I loved him in Season 1 but after that I just have stopped enjoying his character...the super powers didn't help either. Anyone else feel the same? Like I hate saying it because it appears everyone loves Tailgate. ^^;

My interest in mtmte kind of went away with how the DJD were dealt with. I was so excited to see them again since the first season and got really disappointed. I might have to go back and start catching up on ex-rid since Soundwave apparently has gotten a bigger part in that....love me some Soundwave. :p 

• Like Like x 1
  19. Autobot Hound

Autobot Hound Combaticon

News Credits:

Yeah, I know where you're coming from. I like Tailgate and enjoy the whole TG/Cyc/Whirl thing, but... yeah the superpowers leave me going a bit... um, ok? I'm in a wait and see mode at the moment but I liked TG more during Season One to be honest.
    The DJD's quick end was a bit disappointing to me too, after all that buildup. (Though fitting coming from Megs.) I'll miss Tarn, lol. Ah well. Hopefully this gives Nickel some interesting character development.
    Would like to see Brainstorm more often, too.

20. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    It was good seeing Fangry step up like that.
    Hopefully we'll get to see more of him and hopefully it helps his chances of getting aTR deluxe toy :p