Transformers Livestream June 23rd 11AM EST

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by optimusbee, Jun 17, 2022.

1. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    Can't tell me how much joy these being packed in vehicle mode brings me. Just feels right.

I think I'm all in on this line, my only major complaints are:
    Really wish Hauler had the purple windows, Road Rocket could have used a new chest to look more different from Arcee (the shapes feel really specific to Prime Arcee to me) and Cosmo's alt mode is just embarrassingly bad with that trash-can/fire hydrant upper body...
    ...might skip Blurr. That remold's looking awkward and Legends is still the best.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Shattered Trousers

Shattered Trousers That thing Ratchet needed.

News Credits:
    Hasbro definitely own the likeness of Blurr completely, including all derivative designs such as the IDW comic version.

Even if somebody were to try to argue that the version of Blurr in Spotlight: Blurr were significantly different from other versions developed solely by Hasbro there is still the underpinning fact that everything Transformers created under the IDW Publishing banner was created under licence and therefore remains Hasbro's property even after the original publisher has ceased business with Hasbro (barring any heretofore undisclosed contractual exceptions, unlikely though they may be.)

As for acknowledgment of IDW's input, following the termination of Hasbro's contract with IDW, I think it will be much more likely that we see any IDW-specific versions of characters, such as a Deathsaurus modeled on the version seen in the modern comics, labeled as "Comic Universe" versions.

I'm basing this on how we've already seen a Marvek UK Comics inspired Impactor sold as "Comic Universe Impactor" with no acknowledgment of Marvel Comics or Marvel's UK publishing branch.

~L~

• Like Like x 2
  3. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not to restart any flame wars but , road rocket …. Is a she ? Honestly if it’s a she , I’m interested in buying it for my girls but if it’s a boy , I would skip it . There’s no bios on the packaging , correct ? And no scan something and find a bio on,one type thing on these right ? All we got at the moment is mark saying it’s a she and the mold being previously used for Arcee , correct?

4. Rojixus

Rojixus Generation 2's Strongest Soldier

Absolutely perfect! Those two and Scourge are the only ones I want.

5. NexMix

NexMix Gives Cybertron too much credit

Most people will default to his G2 bio but you do you

6. imriy

imriy Riy

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I am SO excited for cosmos

7. Tetratron

Tetratron AEColyte

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, same reasoning they don't use "Marvel Universe___" on Impactor and Jihaxus.

8. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is Cosmos still 1 per case for w1?

9. Jtprime17

Jtprime17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As far as I know, yes.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    Oh, I see. Thanks for the info. Funnily enough, Cybertron is the toy series that got me back into collecting TF's back in 2005. I just never watched the cartoon, so the names went right over my head. :D 

11. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  12. NexMix

NexMix Gives Cybertron too much credit

She's just complex and needed the extra budget for the creation of brand new molds which wasn't the original plan. She's the size she's supposed to be, a little taller than ss86 hot rod

• Like Like x 1
  13. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So, I didn't catch that Cosmos was a Walmart exclusive and short packed.

So essentially I'm not going to get him in all likelihood until/unless they (probably inevitably, so I'm not worried :lol  ) repackage him or re-release him as part of another line someday. It's a great mold so I'm sure it'll see life again in another form.

But for this time around, I refuse to sit on the Walmart site refreshing in hopes of beating scalper bots to the punch the day orders go live, and/or pay scalper prices for him.

He'll come around again, I'll just wait. And he's the only one I want from this collection.

14. Starpilot949

Starpilot949 "This is where the transformers fun begins"

News Credits:
    QUOTE="AnonymousDwell, post: 20425350, member: 111662"]So, I didn't catch that Cosmos was a Walmart exclusive and short packed.

So essentially I'm not going to get him in all likelihood until/unless they (probably inevitably, so I'm not worried :lol  ) repackage him or re-release him as part of another line someday. It's a great mold so I'm sure it'll see life again in another form.

But for this time around, I refuse to sit on the Walmart site refreshing in hopes of beating scalper bots to the punch the day orders go live, and/or pay scalper prices for him.

He'll come around again, I'll just wait. And he's the only one I want from this collection.[/QUOTE]

Only together, can we beat the scalpers

• Like Like x 2
  15. AutobotTurbine

AutobotTurbine Well-Known Member

How have previous Walmart Collector Cons gone? Would the exclusives go live right at 7 or would it be later in the day?

16. R3M1NGT0N

R3M1NGT0N Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sometimes before, sometimes after, sometimes a different day altogether. Regardless Walmart is a shit show with preorders and exclusives. They tend to sell out quickly too.

If you’re going for Transformer exclusives, I recommend biting the bullet and signing up for Pulse Premium. Your PO is guaranteed and you don’t have to deal with the hassle of Walmart potentially screwing up and/or cancelling your order.

• Like Like x 1
  17. AutobotTurbine

AutobotTurbine Well-Known Member

Already have Premium, heck it’s already paid for itself at least 10 times over by now, but I want to make sure I have them preordered in case they either don’t show up on Pulse at all (unlikely I know but the deluxes from waves 1 and 2 of the Netflix exclusives weren’t on Pulse either) or if the stock on Pulse sells out before I get a chance to order.

18. Frontier Magnus

Frontier Magnus Well-Known Member

Sry guys but anyone know if there is any official release date or if the wallmart site will stock these figures?

I\'m fully F5 the wallmart page but nothing so far.

19. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Walmart is putting them up today for their Collector Con. Either short-term pre-order or straight in-stock.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    They go up for preorder today.

• Like Like x 1