Transformers Livestream June 23rd 11AM EST

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by optimusbee, Jun 17, 2022.

1. Requiem Prime

Requiem Prime Well-Known Member

Not a bad run, only on no go, a couple maybes, the rest are on my yes please list.

I'm a little annoyed they designed Scourge's packaging to imply the shoulder missiles work. Yes it's so people know what they are, but the age of toys able to do that is LONG gone. It also has me wondering if something akin to a LEGO stud launcher could be stuffed in there.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
  2. LoranBasaraEvin

LoranBasaraEvin Gunpla Grump

I like the way you think.

3. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    Thought this was a pretty solid Livestream overall.

Burnout was a surprise since I was expecting her to have a more feminine looking headsculpt like her last comic appearance but as long as she still is a Fembot and has a different headsculpt from Skids that's fine for me although I wish the rims were painted.

Road Rocket is what it is, redeco with a new headsculpt but is cool that is not lacking on paint apps and even the Energon blades are painted.

Cosmos is a bit of a mixed bag for me. He looks appropriately chubby but the alt mode suffers a bit because of it. Will probably still buy it because I love old silly Cosmos.

Slicer is actually interesting because I didn't think they were going to go as far as to kinda include his original Mecha accessory. Sure is not a perfect rendition but nobody was really expecting them to fully recreate the whole gimmick and is still a fun homage. Will get it.

Nice event. Hopefully they're learning from their mistakes.

• Like Like x 1
  4. LoranBasaraEvin

LoranBasaraEvin Gunpla Grump

Slicer preordered!!

Just realized he has his proper name, unlike the Botcon version which was called "Slice".

5. EmirateXaaron

EmirateXaaron Member

So clearly Legacy Arcee was designed to be G2 Road Rocket, but they couldn't market G2 Road Rocket in the main line, so they made Road Rocket into Arcee first. You can't change my mind!

• Like Like x 1
  6. linkinparkirony

linkinparkirony #1 NFT Hater

News Credits:
    that's how it works, sadly. once it goes live some sucker will put in an order for 5 deluxes and get a box of 5 clampdowns.

and that sucker could be any one of us!

• Like Like x 1
  7. JukeOutlander

JukeOutlander Combat Antihero

News Credits:
    Hopefully it won't be too hard to order these.

8. Blitz24

Blitz24 New Member

that cosmos and nemesis prime are hot

9. C16

C16 Space Nomad

News Credits:
    None of those were reveals. Leakers and reviewers aren't "reveals" and it's silly to be disappointed in a presentation that doesn't and shouldn't take those things into consideration.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Skreeonk

Skreeonk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1656003568366.jpg Bit disappointed that Burnout doesn't have the Skids head like the Diaclone inspiration. That was going to be my justification for getting this mold twice, when we get the inevitable Crosscut. That being said, this mold IMO looks way better in black compared to Skids' blue.

(Watch us get Crosscut with the Skids head now, ha ha)

• Like Like x 4
  11. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Mark shared an images with samples of all Velocitron toys.

Login • Instagram

Velocitron Spedia 500 Line up-01.jpg

Sam Smith shared Velocitron Road Hauler and RID CAD files turn around videos on his Instagram account with some comments about them.

SPEEDIA 500 VELOCITRON ROAD HAULER

Login • Instagram

Login • Instagram

Login • Instagram

Heyo, FINALLY!, officially revealed during the livestream today we have the Speedia 500 Velocitron Road Hauler! Thanks Mark, Bmac and Isabella for sharing some of the spicy details of this capsule program, they look absolutely amazing. This was actually the very first generations character that I ever worked on. @markclonus asked me to help our with the deco stage for this redeco, so I had a lot of fun working with the files in a 3D environment. I absolutely love this alt head, and hope to share more of the expressive faces in the future. He’s gear up with some incredible accessories, and I love that he has the ability to alternate his hands for the grabber claw, and the hose nozzle attachment.

Road Hauler has a bright color pallet from his original G1 release, so I tried to carry a lot of that influence through out this updated figure design, a make sure that he stood out from the fleet of previous releases. As a Decepticon turned Autobot, he has a classic Constructicon feel to him. The hazard/caution striping is carried throughout the design, and there are some really nice subtleties to the metallics usage for contrast.

While the studio series transformations are my typical bread and butter, I have such a fond love for the simplicity of this transformation. These are my go-to fidget figures on my desk while I work, so there is very rarely a meeting in which I am not handling some generation figures off camera.

What are your thoughts on Road Hauler, is he joining your Velocitron line up?

Login • Instagram

YouTube Mirror

SPEEDIA 500 VELOCITRON RID SCOURGE

Login • Instagram

Login • Instagram

Login • Instagram

Thrilled to finally be able to share the RID 2000 Universe Scourge that I have the opportunity to redeco late last year. This figure was a blast to work on, and I had so much fun helping bring him to life. Thanks to @markclous for letting me take this one off of his plate, and for handling the official reveal!

I have to admit, I needed to look up what we ended up calling this guy because he was all over the place in terms of his initial concept. Was he going to be Scourge, is he Black Convoy, is he Nemesis Prime? All we knew is that he was going to be awesome!

The only parameter I was told going into this figure was that the oil tanker needed to be painted silver, the rest of the figure was fair game! I really wanted to make this truck model feel individualized from Laser Prime which was also a black colored semi truck. With an established color palette inspired by the original character, (and thus every variant that has existed over the years) I set out to create a pin striped livery that would feel appropriate to the time in which this vehicle would have been new. I took influence from big rig trucks that I remember seeing on the highway as a kid, and tried to pipe them through out the hood and fairings of the vehicle mode. I also treated the window frames in the same teal tone as those secondary accent colors were so relevant in the 80’s and 90’s. For me, he indirectly gives off some of those “Road Warrior - War Rig” vibes.

His robot mode features the upside down G2 logos on the shoulder pads, and he gets a unique “Dark” Matrix of Leadership loaded into the chest. Forgive my ignorance, if that’s not a real thing, but it looks cool as hell :D . His weapons are molded in the same clear as the windscreen, so it was a nice opportunity to punch of the magenta with an era accurate complimentary color to the teal.

Caption too long - continued below.

The light piping on this figure is absolutely incredible. So much of the characters upper body is made up of the clear mold, so it was a shame how much of it was at risk of being covered up by paint. I tried to reallocate those paint ops to further individualize this release, and with the right backlighting this guy has so much expression. I hope you all enjoy this release as much as I enjoyed working on it!

Will RID Scourge be joining your collection or did he not qualify for your Speedia500?

YouTube mirror

• Like Like x 16
  12. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 14
  13. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    Could be a known legacy character like Prime or Bee. Either way I’ll take it. Personally I’d love Prowl and Lugnut.
    Maybe but I could see it starting there then going to mainline (kind of like TFP did).
    Not gonna get this but it has a nice headsculpt. I think the headsculpt on this makes it look less like a head in a flap unlike Skids. Will get it as Crosscut tho.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Starpilot949

Starpilot949 "This is where the transformers fun begins"

News Credits:
    why does he have a decepticon insignia when hes clearly supposed to be evil wheeljack?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Kantus Prime

Kantus Prime Beast Wars Forever!

News Credits:
    The Clampdown light bar had better be in the accessories bag. Otherwise that\'s gonna be a hot f*cking topic...

Aside from that I absolutely need Cosmos and Override. And this Nemesis collector will only buy that Black Convoy if I muster up the will to customize it and if Reprolabels makes the right stickers.

16. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    DEFINITE
    Black Convoy Scourge
    Cosmos
    Slicer and Roritchi
    Blurr
    Road Rocket
    Clampdown

MAYBE'S (if they're on sale)
    Override
    Road Hauler
    Burnout

NOPE's
    RED's and Marverick

17. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Slicer was a different character in the Action Masters subline in the early 90s.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    That’s not an excuse to defend 10+ years of almost exclusively pandering to G1 in a line titled “Generations” plural.

19. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Legacy Arcee is more or less an updated UT Energon Arcee, though. I'm surprised they turned her in to Road Rocket and not Flamewar.

Because he's supposed to be Slicer first, and is served up in a way that lets you also pretend he's SG Wheeljack. Similar to how in an alternate timeline there's a variant of Loki who goes by "Sylvie."

To help this along, he's also given the job of "Spy" so you can imagine him being an evil Autobot attempting to infiltrate the Decepticons (or vice versa).

• Like Like x 1
  20. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Much like the high demand Netflix line-up, if Pulse doesn't put them up, then I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for the TT releases and get them from AJ.

Also here's hoping Minerva goes up for PO soon.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2022