Transformers like Lord of the rings?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Dmhead, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Dmhead

Dmhead Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is it possible to make Transformers like Lord of the Rings?

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    They already had three movies of massive special effects spectacles full of swords and fighting and 3 hour running times, including one with some firebreathing reptiles. I don't see how much harder it would be to make cybertronians elves and orcs and hobbits and such, if that's what you mean.

3. hyruk

hyruk Genericon

YES OFCOURSE

If we get a writer who can mix both science fiction and fantasy into one masterpiece,
    The Transformers movie may get good rating from critics,
    But the bad side is that it can only happen if it is a reboot

Cybertronian elves and orc is not necessary,
    Thing is ,instead of focusing on a handful of characters,The movies can be made like LOTR if it takes cybertronian war to the cosmic level,developing several side stories,more g1 reference
    (Pretty much like how MTMTE story works)
    It would not only make it interesting but also change the course of what transformers is usually revolves around in Live Action Movie universe

It is NOT necessary to have transformers turned into a fantasy film but eventually change the way of story telling

4. Shockwavers

Shockwavers Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hhhmmmmm... Let me see....

You do realise people would complain that it looks like a shameless Lord Of The Rings rip-off

5. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    now a days, everything is a rip off of something else so everyone should just get over it. i do like the idea and it could work if done right. i'm not sure about straight up fantasy stuff, but the introduction and use of TF lore and beliefs could set that mood quite nicely.

all we need is an actual plot for the transformers themselves, a "quest" per say lol. in the past movies, the humans deal with the actual plot while the transformers are more like plot devises, kind of like how godzilla was in "his" new movie. they are just there to say some stuff and fight when the bad guys show up. what we need is something for the autobots to actually do. something that THEY need to do or somewhere that THEY need to go and them doing that. striving, achieveing, making them into actual characters. there have been no actual plots of the tranformers having to do anything(though admittedly AOE had some semblance of that). the transformers themselves need an actual story for them to be part of to be able to make what you are suggesting, which is what we all want.

6. hyruk

hyruk Genericon

This^

7. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    As a LOTR fan...

Just what reason would Transformers be like LOTR? LOTR has a caring, loving universe built by a man who devoted his entire life to it. He loved it so much that the body of lore created for it, and it's influence CREATED an entire genre of storytelling. You can give your thanks to Tolkien for modern fantasy's creation.

I'm not saying I'd be against such a concept, but I don't want to see it just because. You need to have a reason for taking Transformers into such a concept. Transformers has always been proper as a sci-fi action series with drama, even as far as the Marvel comics run of the 80s, whereas LOTR is an epic fantasy adventure.

8. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

I don't know what you mean. Like, a good storyline and such? Not while Bay controls it.

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'd rather Transformers do its own thing.

10. agent j 15

agent j 15 poopity-scoop

The same type of storytelling? Yeah, I'd love to see that in a TF movie. Each character getting a story that lasts throughout the three movies, with their fleshed out backstories explaining their motivations and actions. But that would require *gasp* EFFORT! So I doubt the current writers are gonna go for it.

11. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave The Fox

News Credits:
    Yeah, I would like that. Transformers deserves to have a good story and good characters like LotR. Not to mention Peter Jackson pretty much nailed Middle Earth's visual style because he paid attention to Tolkien's book and understood it. I wouldn't want PJ himself to do Transformers, but they need to find a director who's as passionate about Transformers as PJ is about LotR.

I guess it won't be coming from Bay then, will it!

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I guess the first question is what aspects are you wanting the Transformers movies to emulate from Lord of the Ring? The second question is are you willing to take a complete reboot because right now things are so locked in that the "soft reboot" of AoE wasn't any sort of reboot or change at all. Also are you willing to have Paramount change some producers because I think some of them will be the biggest block to any sort of real change.

But could Transformers have three films where things were planned out in great detail so that each film was a bit bigger leading to a major event to end it? Yes of course nothing about Transformers that would prevent you from a big build up over several films with the right writer in place.

Could we have Transformers where it wasn't as simple as Team Prime and Team Megatron so other groups acting, not acting, or just acting for themselves swings the story? Yes no reason the films have to limited to you have be all one good guy team or all one bad guy team.

The basic building blocks of a Transformers story are such that there are few limits on what could be done. It's all just down to the vision and story telling skills of a production team.

13. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

OP is kind of vague. If he's talking about the quality I think Transformers will be good if Bay doesn't come back for TF5

14. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    when you boil down to it, it's all really just about story structure

15. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

I'm definitely in favor of Transformers taking on a similar writing style. Conceive a single story to run through an entire trilogy, that explores interesting lands, while developing the characters, and exploring the different species.

Transformers definitely has enough established lore to draw from, but sadly, this would require far more competence than most who've made a TF story have ever shown, especially a lot more than anyone working on the films have shown. Honestly, it would take someone on the levels of James Roberts to get this right, and even then, he clearly prefers talky stories to action ones, and I definitely don't want the movies to become that.

16. Panjumanju

Panjumanju Radio Wizard

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Tumblr:
    Most people didn't notice the Lord of the Rings rip-offs in "Star Trek: Nemesis". Then again, hopefully few people saw "Star Trek: Nemesis".

Why do we want Lord of the Rings + Transformers, anyway?

//Panjumanju

17. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Oh man, if Peter Jackson took over.... Game changer.

18. Zhadow

Zhadow Oh hi there

I don't see how.

19. tokuformers

tokuformers Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think transformers can be any genre and style mixed or separated.
    fantasy, medieval, era hearts of steel, sci-fi, comedy, adventure (Tf movie 86), dark, child, style toy story with different characters and stories in different movies.
    with characters of Earth and other planets.
    as was the animation g1 and other tf animations.

20. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Kuphead

News Credits:
    District Iacon?