Transformers Legends Hardhead and Skull

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by aniline, Feb 22, 2016.

1. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    I gave up on FP's line, I just got tired of waiting on them. HasTak might not get to everyone, but they'll definitely have more releases in year than FP had in their 3 year head start.

2. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Well-Known Member

I'm beginning to think that remolding is not nearly as expensive or time consuming as many people seem to think it is.

3. Avon

Avon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I find it interesting that nobody's missing rebirth versions of the heads (other than me!) - I'm hoping a 3p or Titan master pack of those heads comes out at some point. Really like skullcruncher's hasbro head tho.

4. S250

S250 BEASTBOX

News Credits:
    Hasbro version more like G1 Toy & BoxArt accurate,Takara version more anime accurate.

Attached Files:

5. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Cartoon/Anime accurate heads was pretty much expected by me, given recent Takara history, and that it's easy to set up or pre-plan a new head/face for a Headmaster-style toy. I'll be more curious to see what Takara does with the Titans Return figures of previously non-Headmaster characters, whether they remake them into non-Headmasters, pass over them completely, or accept them with a little manga story explaining the change, like Cyclonus/Grand Galvatron.

6. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Neat faces, not sure it's worth the import fee for the faces alone. I'm still not entirely convinced these won't show up stateside, OR that these are possibly test shots and not final product.

7. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is really making me think that almost every traditional headmaster character may get a individual Titanmaster plus a normal Deluxe/Voyager figure.

So, Hasbro releases Hardhead and Skullcruncher with more toy style heads, then down the line release the Takara heads a single pack Titanmasters. Heck, maybe a hypothetical Nightbeat and Siren Deluxes could have the swapped heads like their character models, where Siren had Nightbeat's head and vice versa. A lot of the headmaster characters actually have multiple faces depending on the medium.

8. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Can't wait to see how they paint these things up. Likely double dip for me.

9. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I am. And I know a couple other people who specifically are. But I know it's useless to expect and that we're an extreme minority here.

10. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Wait, isn't Cerebros' head the Rebirth head? Pretty sure that's the version they went for.

11. BattleUpSaber

BattleUpSaber Result.

News Credits:
    I'm taking it that Takara will replace the IDW-inspired heads of Brainstorm and Chromedome with more HM cartoon styled ones as well.

Mindwipe's head is already quite on point however so I don't really see how they could improve on that one.

12. Avon

Avon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's true, and wasn't a given either, so pretty happy about that. Given that it's potentially just a case of creating new backpacks for the titanmasters (a piece with no moving parts), I'd almost be surprised if a 3p doesn't produce some alternate faces, but who knows.

13. mizuki088

mizuki088 Well-Known Member

I felt Hasbro is trying to pull new figures to the shell while Takaratomy is trying to please the collectors(as well as kids).

14. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    my boy and I prefer the more cartoon accurate faces, so will be buying these for my boy

15. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A thought....

Given Takara are remoulding faces already for Titans, what's the chances of them remoulding the larger figures so the helmets become heads removing the Headmaster gimmick on Op, Blaster, Soundwave and Galvatron?

In Astrotrain's case the blocks beside the head rise up which would indicate there's space for the head in the chest.

NYCC 2015 vs Toyfair 2016

16. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Very nice graph. You should add the IDW versions of relevant characters too, considering that's what characters like Brainstorm and Chromedome are based on.

Sort of. Marvel comics used the same head design, so it may not necessarily be using the cartoon as the source.

I wonder if they'll make a new head for Brainstorm? On the one hand, he's one of the characters with perhaps the most different heads between his toy, cartoon, anime and comic counterparts, but we also know there's already an alternate Brainstorm head in the works that's based on his toy.

I doubt they'd bother. It's not like they changed the Unite Warriors Autobot cars or Cyclonus to stop them being Combiners because they weren't in the cartoon, so it's not like they're opposed to old characters with new features and let's be honest, removing the Headmaster feature does nothing but detract from the toy.

17. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

Yeah I don't think they'd neuter the head gimmicks on the larger figures just for the sake of it. On Ginrai/Powermaster Optimus it'd be downright stupid to do so anyway since Ginrai's supposed to have a transector one way or another.

18. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm hoping for it.

19. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Lean Mean Angry Machine

News Credits:
    I dunno...I've yet to see Galvatron's full range of head rotation with the helmet frame deployed, which I'm skeptical of judging from the channel the frame runs through not allowing full 90 degree rotation in either direction from looking straight ahead.

A retooled Galvatron to have a permanent head also would make a fuller helmet instead of basically a "fringe" as well as potentially a ball joint or combined swivel/hinge (think Gen. Drift) neck joint.

20. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    Well, if they do show up in the states, you are looking a them likely coming as Titanmaster packs, so your out a deluxe + a TM if you prefer the alt head:: on the Takara one you will PROBABLY get more/better paint, and with where the dollar is right now, it's basically a wash cost wise between a Legends Deluxe and a Titans return deluxe + TM pack.