Transformers Legends Hardhead and Skull

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by aniline, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'm so torn on this...it hurts.

I think I prefer Takara.

2. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    That's not going to happen. There's a pretty big difference between changing a face, and engineering an entire toy.

3. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    i totally agree, but at the same time... they've done it 2 times now in Unite Warriors... after they went in and fixed all that stuff in Devastator, nothing the do or don't do will surprise me.

4. TacticalBacon

TacticalBacon Garbage Enthusiast

News Credits:
    I much prefer the mouth on Hardhead, so I'll definitely be picking up Takara's version. That Skullcruncher looks nice too, though I'm still not sure about the figure as a whole.

5. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    I agree.

However, at this point I think it's entirely possible that they give him a new, non Headmaster head and make a Godmaster Ginrai that transforms into an engine and plugs into the chest.

Unlike Hasbro Takara isn’t pushing the whole cross play thing with the heads, they probably won’t release the single head packs because playability is not their first goal. They have to cater towards collectors to make money, at least much more than Hasbro needs to.

So I wouldn't be surprised if they retool Powermaster Prime into Super Ginrai with Ginrai as a Godmaster.

6. PredaConvoy

PredaConvoy Rogue Tripredacus Agent

The biggest question for me is wether these new heads are the same as the alternate heads Hasbro will release with legends vehicles. That's the clincher for me. Because I kind of wanna populate Fort Max with little legends vehicles, AND have these sweet heads to use for my deluxe TMs.. I know I will like the Takara decos, but I may be split on which deluxes I get from H or T, since I am in the camp that prefers Hardhead with a faceplate, but I much prefer the Takara Skullcruncher head.

Time to play the waiting game...
    Ehh, the waiting game sucks. Let's play Hungry Hungry Hippos!

7. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    I hope they show him soon, so I know which version to pre-order.

8. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I tend to prefer toy accuracy, so I'm happy with the Hasbro guys. However, if these heads end up getting individual releases over here, I'll definitely pick them up.

And if we get a Legends Brainstorm with a face, I may go for that, since the Voyager fulfills my need for a faceplate.

9. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

Man Skullcruncher's chin jutting out is a bit out of control? It's also half of his face?

10. 00raiser956

00raiser956 Galaxy Convoy

Ebay:
    Can't wait to get these im still getting hasbro tho cuz Im sure they will come later in the year after hasbros are released.

11. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    I always figured they would do this with Brainstorm since Takara already did a toy based Brainstorm with the Voyager, but it's nice to see them looking at Hardhead and the others. I like the options, and it wouldn't shock me at all if future Titan Masters single packs featured these same faces. At that price point, there's just no reason to hold back.

I'm also all for Takara making little changes to make PM Optimus into a real Ginrai, it wouldn't be that hard for them to do it, but I can also see them just giving him a few different paint apps and calling it a day. So I don't know, just have to wait and see.

12. power3921

power3921 Well-Known Member

Hmm, I'm more familiar with Skullcruncher through his anime apeaeence, but Hardhead through his comic apearences. Hoping the alt heads rumor is correct

13. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    'sigh' I'll probably end up getting these. They look great and I can always use new heads.

I'm gonna need a hanger for all the vehicles to chill out. Kinda makes sense in my mind to have multiples of each body if the heads are the actual robot.

14. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Whippin Dem Fungals

News Credits:
    Digging that Skullcruncher head over the Hasbro's. The overall head is fine it's just the eyes/mouth that weird me out. A throwback to the old heads with a newer twist that just doesn't work for.

Hardhead though don't mind the head with a face, but really prefer the faceplate version.

15. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So the Legends line will continue then with the TR stuff? That's the more surprising takeaway from this for me than new faces; I just assumed Takara would use this to start another new Classics line, especially since Legends releases have become pretty spaced out over the past several months. I like the Legends packaging anyways, so I'm glad it's not going away anytime soon.

16. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

I can't unsee it. :lol 

What's with Decepticons and weird head sculpts? First Motormaster with his "Impossibru!" face and now Skull with this expression.

I like the faces, though. I hope the speculation is correct and they will see Titanmaster packs.

17. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll join in the chorus, liking these better than the Hasbro offerings, especially Skullcruncher. Now to wonder if they will do specific Japanese characters like Go-Shooter or even just doing some bodies that Hasbro won't.

18. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    Yeah I may go Takara on this one.

19. THE-TRANSFORMER

THE-TRANSFORMER Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hasbro Hardhead > Takara Hardhead
    Takara Skullcruncher > Hasbro Skullcruncher

Love all the headmasters as toys but story wise I was never a fan. Hope they don't filter into the comics or any other medium for that matter.

20. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    Tumblr:
    Well, guess I'll have one to display in alternate mode and one in robot mode :)