Transformers Legend - Mobile Card Game by Mobage

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by illithid, Nov 29, 2012.

1. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Day 4, and after my team muffed it yesterday, I am now grouped with the biggest bunch of low-level jobbers yet. I understand that having lost and put on a new team, all my new teammates will be people who have also lost. But looking through the ranks and seeing all the R4 cards in my new teammates' decks is pretty depressing.

Against my better judgment, I decided to give this event a chance and actually play it. I wasted over 100 BC last night when my last team was a bit ahead in an effort to extend our lead. Then suddenly, everyone else on my team stopped playing en masse. No more combos, no way to beat bosses. Even if I wanted to expend all my resources, there would be no way to win without other people comboing. And when I woke up this morning, the other team's score was about double ours. So thanks for nothing, people who didn't play. Thanks for letting me waste my hard earned resources on you for no reason.

Just like I thought, this event is stupid. And I was stupid to put myself in a position where I was completely dependent on others and where nothing I do myself makes any difference. And I was doubly-stupid because I already understood that and I wasted the BC anyway.

The only way I see this event being good for anyone is for the extremely new people with no cards or resources who have a chance of lucking their way onto a good team and getting some good cards by default. For just about anyone else, it's a crap-shoot at best.

2. kurupted

kurupted Well-Known Member

I see, so my Level 3 Optimus Prime....it's best to get both halves to 50 (currently on 16 each), trans-scan and then repeat on the merged version to get him to 50 for maximum boost. Going to be a long few days to get to trans-scan levels I guess.

3. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Technically, that is the correct method. But a level 3 card is not going to help you do anything anyway, so I wouldn't really recommend wasting too many credits or resources on it. You will be dumping any level 3 cards you have as soon as possible anyway. They are basically just placeholders until you get cards you can actually use.

4. kurupted

that's kind of annoying to know, i don't have any 4's and unless i spend stupid amounts of money it seems the only way to amass them is through coordinated episode farming...i've got a ton of 3's in the meantime.

i guess i should stick with that i have, feed the 5's as much as possible and leave the rest?

5. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    r4 cards are at least better placeholders... so as you get those through gold medals and low-level event rewards, they can help you until you get r5 cards.

Definitely focus on the r5 cards you get from the daily log-in rewards. They will be the best things you have for a while.

6. kurupted

now i get it. going to be a long road, but at least i now have goals established. thanks.

7. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

So at the end of the event, do you get all the day win cards below your number, or just the prize for your number of days?

So if your team won three days, do you just get the prize for 3 wins, or do you get 3, 2, and 1?

8. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    3, 2 and 1. Congrats, you got two complete R5 cards. Assuming you made the points thresholds for each day.

9. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Seems like I'm the only one on my team playing again. Another day wasted, I guess. One more chance tomorrow to get the second half of Metroplex. Hate this event.

10. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's a dude on my team with a few Dead Ends, and he's in the lead. So, I might get a complete Metroplex out of this. Unless he's done spending cubes. I sure as shit am. I'm working on recharges this whole episode. If I don't get shit, I don't care. I just wanted to farm, but you can't with this.

11. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

I feel bad. One guy on my team has earned us more than half our points. My only contribution is finding Synthegon and upping the combo counter.

... I think he gave up on us too because he was sick of carrying our asses.

12. Jazz342

Jazz342 Well-Known Member

Current battle is reminiscent of ebay...both my team and our opponent have a heavy hitter...winner will be whoever is willing to spend more.

Really want to win an Onslaught, but as its not me doung the work im not expecting anything. I should have stuck to my guns and boycotted, but i liked the look of the daily awards and saw a chance. I got 3 days of wins despite the full sd card error.

Do winning teams get matched with winning teams, or is it all random?

13. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I can't believe how useless the people on my team are. The ONE chance we have is if the other team somehow manages to be more useless. Effing tag something, team. ANYTHING. Don't just let everything escape like this.

Three messages on my team's wall. No joke, this is what they say:

At the beginning of the day:

- "lets get them"
    - "Let do dis..."

then 4 hours later:

- "ok, team,i really want to win... lets do this!"

Except no one is doing jack shit. The guy who left the third message spends one cube on each boss and then sits back with his thumb up his ass. I tagged the bosses for the combo, hoping someone else would continue and I could then combo again. But nope. They're all worthless.

14. Jazz342

Jazz342 Well-Known Member

Message to mobage. ..please do something to entice continuous play.

Were any real changes made after receiving our input?

15. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I blew through all of my BC's by the second day and we still lost. I'm on a team that has one guy pulling all the weight. I feel bad for him, but all I can do is wait until I have 3 cubes again before I can help. There is no way to build up any cubes in this damn event so how can a free player help?

I'm not spending any more money on Mobage's scam so I'm useless in this event and worse, I'm letting some other people down who have a good chance at winning something. Then to top it off, the little I can do is now penalized and I'll get nothing anyway? Why the fuck should any free player continue to play then?

If they don't want us to play for free, they should just require a monthly charge like WOW. Making the players be pissed at each other is just asking for more problems and complaints.

I don't know about you guys, but when I'm at Botcon this year, I plan to let the Hasbro team know what I think about this game and how Mobage treats it's customers. Maybe if Hasbro steps in we might see Mobage clean up their act.

16. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Another thing that pisses me off about the idiots on my team. Only one other guy has been playing the past few hours, and his genius strategy is to use his three free hourly recharge cubes one each on three different enemies at the same time which will then go completely untouched and then escape.

If he really only has 3 BC that he's going to use, he shouldn't spread it out over three different bosses that no one can finish. He should work on upping the combo meter on ONE boss so that there's actually a chance to beat ONE rather than let three bosses get away, which helps no one.

These guys make me want to throw my monitor at a window.

17. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still think it's funny that not all allies get to see all bosses that are out.. I've had plenty of times where I had a boss I scanned for just sitting there next to two others that are being hit.. then finally once one of them die, 20-30 minutes later.. everyone moves on to #3. Talk to them on the wall, an no one saw that third boss until #1 or #2 died and cleared up room on their board, since they already had bosses of their own on their screen, which I can't see..

18. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    In my case, no one is seeing any bosses. Because our score hasn't moved at all, except when I've tagged something. Which will then just sit there.

But it is weird that it only lets you see three at a time and not let you scroll through more. I had a case on Day 2 where I couldn't see my own boss :(  I found a boss, did first attack, and then when I went back to the main screen, there were three bosses there already and none of them was mine. Then after one of the others timed out, mine appeared. The entire thing event is effed up in a million different ways.

19. donxavier

donxavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    About the only time I've found that I can farm this event is during the first 15mins of each new team matchup. That's the time that all the lowbie boss cards are pulled, which I can 1cube without a problem. After those 15mins elapse it's back to burning through cubes as the big bosses begin to appear. Make no mistake, this event is meant to deplete whatever resources you may have been saving up.

20. TerreStrial

TerreStrial Well-Known Member

Look, I don't want to sound like I am judging you here, but have you tried to let them know through the wall what strategy you should follow to bring down the bosses?

If you did so, then I am sorry for the misunderstanding , but you did sound like..you know..pissed of with this guy and tell us what he should have done instead of telling him..

Ok, sorry again if I didn't understand what you re saying bro and hope that you will manage to win another day to get your metroplex.