Transformers Legend - Mobile Card Game by Mobage

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by illithid, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Thanhchau66312

Thanhchau66312 Well-Known Member

I know how you feel...started a new deck and have nothing

2. monkeyman905

monkeyman905 Well-Known Member

How can swoops weapon not meet his specialization? WTF

3. Darkwing1179

Darkwing1179 Well-Known Member

Are you sure it's the correct Swoop? They released two recently.

One was an event card, while the other was the sign in reward.

They might be different.

4. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm rather bored so I figured i'd type up my strategy for ranking in Tier 2 for the last (every) raider event since Day of the Dinobots Part 1 and pre-ruby medals.

I've been sitting around 200 - 500 BC's at the beginning of each raider event.. say I start out at 300 Cubes, I have only ever spent more than 100 cubes by the end of the event ONCE and only once.. and that was on Optimus' event. This does not include cubes that I got back by sniping bosses. By "spent" I mean, I did not get it back.

First things first.. go in and adjust your deck... recommend "normally" works but not always. I'm not going into how to adjust your deck, that's your option.

After that, I go and kill everything I can 1 cube... EVERYTHING. Go as long as I can and get as high in rank as possible. Once I stop running into bosses I can 1 cube, I will scan until I get 3 bosses, I can't 1 cube and let them sit and time out on my boss screen. If I run into bosses while scanning, I can 1 cube, I kill them, skip anything I can't.

While the 3 bosses are sitting there, I wait around and snipe anything I can. Only thing I put (waste) a cube on, is the highest boss or 2/3 currently in the game. So for this event, on day one.. If I cannot 1 cube a Lvl 1 Ultra Magnus, then I will kill all Kup's and then tag all UM level 5-7 help requests. Any UM Level 1-4 I won't touch it unless I can snipe it. It's just not worth the points per cube. As each of my 3 untouched bosses die/expire I would can for more, keeping 3 of them on my screen. Only bosses I will tag while scanning is the absolute highest boss I can scan for. Of course if there are more bosses popping up, then there is no reason to go scan, until things slow down. However, I try to scan as much as possible, so that way I can level and get me 3 free cubes.. those 3 cubes I attempt to snipe bosses with and store them as quick as possible. I'll need them later..

When the new bosses come out, is normally when I end up spending most of my cubes.. due to lots of current day bosses coming out. One days, a new boss level 1-3 come out, I'll tag each of those without thinking... then the Tier 3/4 bosses that have been out, I will only snipe.

I repeat this same shit every day... Scan.. kill what I can.. skip the ones I can't, snipe, and tag the highest bosses. I try to keep my spending of cubes down to no more than 20 per day. This does not include sniping or rewards or anything where I get cubes back. If you included those then you can increase that number by at least another 40-50. I will only go over that, if I'm coming close to going over or falling below, (however you look at it) position 1000 (Bottom of Tier 2).

Normally this type of game play, will get me into the 200 - 400's on first night, I'll wake up around position 600 - 800 and then work my way back to 400's. This occurs EACH day, of course YMMV. The only day where I really end up using a ton of cubes and more than I planned, is on the last day, when I'm falling quicker than I feel comfortable.

The only difference between pre-ruby and post ruby medals is, now, with the ruby medals, I have to save all my medals and shoot for the highest reward I can get with them. The 3x raiders no longer make me deck and IF they do, they don't help enough to help me gain medals any quicker. They change my damage from say, 16 - 21 Million to 13 - 23 Million. This is due to them being glass cannons. If they die quickly, my damage drops horribly, if they don't they have the possibility of helping me but, they don't help enough. I now have a deck of nothing but Tier 2 rewards and putting in a raider with low health/defense doesn't help. It actually hurts me more than it helps. It hurts my sniping abilities because bosses left with 16 Million that I know I should be able to kill, I end up missing by .5 - 1 Million. In essence, making me waste cubes. So if I go for a reward, then I have to go for the x5/x7/x10 Raider and not the x2/x3. Unfortunately, this means that, like during the Grimlock event, I ended up with 3 1-sided Grimlock Bots and no alt modes. Also on the Sharpshot event, I had enough to get 1 MTM Sharpshot and an extra Bot mode. I only got the last side I needed in the last 6 hours or so of the event.

It sucks playing for free... but, when you watch your cube spending and have a valid strategy for playing... you can come in at Tier 2 without issue. Unfortunately, it takes a lot of time and effort.. If it wasn't for me working overnights and having lots of time to snipe, I don't think I'd have made it in some events..

So, this is my strategy, take it or leave it.. if it helps someone cool.. if not.. oh well...

Erland

5. CHALLOWELL89

CHALLOWELL89 Well-Known Member

That sucks man, I've been helping you out every time I see ya. Oh, BTW FINALLY made the top 100 (first time ever) Not sure if I'll keep it, Sooooo much grinding to get there, let alone stay there.

6. Magnammu

Magnammu Well-Known Member

Good writeup. I do pretty much the exact same thing. I got really lucky with the split bridge this go around pretty much getting Galv pieces I needed each time. Do you ever try out the split bridge? I think early on it might be nice but later on after I'm filling soldier spots I've been doing the 300 medal guaranteed Galv.

I leave only 2 spots open for assists (4 bosses expire). I'm at a net loss of 30 cubes since the event started and at position 138 currently. I take some risks when I'm not sure I can one shot and lose cubes that way (but only when the risk is within acceptable parameters). I wouldn't risk a cube loss unless it's some minimum amount of health above my lowest possible damage proportionate to the points reward and also factoring in whether MVP will be available.

7. penm

penm Well-Known Member

You can make Tier 2 and save cubes at the same time if you have a lot of time on this game (which I know a lot of people can't do).

Basically, just kill what you can with 1 cube and snipe. Keep saving cubes from leveling up and rewards. Only start to waste cubes on level 8s and high level final boss (ie Metroplex). You will need good allies to get constant high level bosses. Anyways, you should be able to save about 100 cubes with this method (as you gain about 200 cubes during the event from rewards, level ups and hourly cubes). Though, this does not work with crazy events like Optimus or 3xMVP, but usually works if you have the time.

8. Thanhchau66312

Thanhchau66312 Well-Known Member

Don't worry about me...just farming here.

9. Rivenx76

Rivenx76 Well-Known Member

So, you have a new account?? Let's ally up on that one.. Have a few slots open. :thumb 

10. Mystael6

Mystael6 Well-Known Member

U can add me too. My ally list is still wide open lol.

11. TheDonutKing

TheDonutKing Well-Known Member

Great write-up! I just wish I had your patience! I always end up over spending my cubes and get stressed if I start falling in ranks. My strategy now is to just get to a certain point goal for the event and then cruise, but that has sucked BC from me too early.

12. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Erland's write up is an excellent summary of tier 2. With ruby medals, it gets a bit easier. As long as your willing to spend the cubes up front to secure at least a few raiders to beef up your deck and build an early lead. If you can climb into the top 200 a stay there in the early days, you can start easing up and let yourself slowly drop back into the 400-500s in the final few days. Your deck will be strong enough to snipe things AND 2-cube MVP most bosses you can scan should you need to climb back out of a mess quickly.

13. Episode Prime

Episode Prime Well-Known Member

Grinded til 502 but dammit,Shingeki no Kyojin 1hr finale special beckons!

*survey squad pledge

14. monkeyman905

Both were the sign in rewards :-/

15. Ciscowar

Ciscowar Well-Known Member

The Colossus Wars - 57 hours to go

Rank 1: 40.20M
    Rank 50: 7.33M
    Rank 100: 6.17M
    Rank 200: 2.94M
    Rank 500: 1.68M
    Rank 1000: 1.18M
    Rank 2000: .751M
    Rank 3000: .581M

16. raptor22

raptor22 @TFBotShots on IG

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Just installed iOS 7.0.2 and now I cannot purchase any coins. Any one else have this problem? Got solutions? Thx.

I uninstalled app and reinstalled as well. Still doesn't work. Hmmm...

17. Deth

Deth Well-Known Member

I ran into the same issue for a couple of days, but found I could buy today. Only thing I did as I was also having issues with syncing and downloading games, was to do a Iphone restore then re-synced, not a back-up of my phone. That fixed my sync issue and I can by coins today.

Also if anyone needs any allies feel free to add me. I have about 20 spots open.

18. Yaafm

Yaafm Member

lol are people still playing this? Just clearing my favorites bar out. Still rampant cheating and exploits going on? ezeric and wujen at the top of the list? Events gotten better? Personally I left due to to many events to fast. No time for anything else if you wanted top spots.

19. Pavol Palat

Pavol Palat Palatinus

News Credits:
    This event is crazy in a good way - it seems like I pull a T4 elite with every 100 medals or so. Although it still is bad that I keep drawing the same halves.

Ruby bridge seems to be the same s***t as always (at least for me) - out of five 150 medal pulls -where one can get one side of Ramjet or Galvatron, right?- I got four Galvatron tanks and one Galvatron robot. Yeah, right, it's pure conincidence.

And agains my better judgment I pulled three paid tier bridges, which got me TWO more Galvatron tanks.

The only thing that seems to work is ruby Ramjet bridge because it gave me Ramjets and absolutely no Galvatron tanks :-D

20. monkeyman905

I can't get a Galvatron tank for S**t! Been doing the 300 ruby bit, might have to try the 150 pack instead if your pulling a lot of them out.