Transformers Legend - Mobile Card Game by Mobage

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by illithid, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sure is slow running on free EC.

2. CHALLOWELL89

CHALLOWELL89 Well-Known Member

Oh how I remember those words. Then the next event I only spent a few dollars and it increased since there :p 

3. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    So just for the heck of it, I burned some EC and pushed through Hard 5 yesterday. Jumped to 2200, so yay I guess I'm in the running for Elite Bumblebee or something.

Caught a Blades, that was a surprise, and still only have half a Streetwise. Am not going to bother with Hot Spot. I'm not guaranteed to beat any of those mobs without using two EC...which means I'm burning 10-15 BC just to get to the boss and another 4 for a CHANCE to catch him.

Not worth it.

Also pulled my 4th Galvatron Bot this week, as well as a spare Trypticon Alt and Elite Grimlock Weapon. So hey...stuff.

Going to alternate between going after Blades and Streetwise because I'm a masochist. Depending on if Mobage distributes any free chains for the rewards glitching I may try for Hot Spot if I can powerup my deck with either one of those (which is not bloody likely).

Also, if you're willing to sacrifice 2k of defense for 2k attack...Silverstreak is a pretty good fit for Hot Spot's weapon. In the soldier row he ends up with 120k attack and around 14k def.

4. Murrdox

Murrdox Active Member

Randomly got Elite Grimlock and Dirge Weapon 2 from gold medals last night. Now I feel like I have to actually try to get Dirge because I have his weapon.

Still haven't captured a single Streetwise or Blades. I've been trying to complete Streetwise, so I've made about 10 runs on him. Only 3 or 4 on Blades.

5. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    How are the raider weapons this event? I'm curious if they improve any of the Cons that we may already have.

6. RoboPoirot80

RoboPoirot80 Well-Known Member

Thundercracker's weapon has the same stats as Hotspot's weapon.
    A: 227%
    H: 125%
    D: 99%

Pretty buff.

7. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    I always get nervous when I see a sub 100% stat on a weapon. Because it means that any character who doesn't have that stat gets shafted if they take the attack improvement.

I get what Mobage is doing, they're making the two cards more dependent on each other. But it still seems to strip away some of the concept of coming up with the best deck. Even moreso than before.

8. RoboPoirot80

Yeah, it's always tricky figuring out what Mobage is up to. Personally I just think they're throwing random numbers together. This time they were so lazy that they gave Thundercracker's and Hotspot's weapons the same stats. At any rate, I think a 1% decrease in a card's defense is more than compensated for by a 25% increase in the card's health. And the attack isn't so bad either.

9. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    The 1% drop in defense is negligible for Hotspot, since his defense is nearly double any of the best cards. I haven't looked at TC's stats, but if he's high on health and defense as well then the weapon wouldn't affect him much either. For other cards, that 1% penalty probably isn't going to make a difference in them surviving one more hit versus any other weapon, if I had two of the same cards I'd watch the difference in battle. At worst TC's weapon would be a good replacement for Episode Flamewar's, which always did well paired with high DEF cards.

10. iconscons

iconscons Well-Known Member

These energon nets make no sense. In order to catch 1 thing you need to make 20 attempts.

1 Catch = 20 nets
    20 net attempts = 40 "taps"
    40 "taps" = 400 Energon
    400 Energon = over 6 energon recharges

So divide your EC by 6, and that is how many success' you can expect if you attempt to catch every battle. Who wants to catch the crap cards? So how many taps does it take to get through all of Hard5? Hard10? (I haven't unlocked them yet 'cause I'm not using resources this time)

11. RoboPoirot80

Right. Compare it to Smokescreen's weapon, which has a defensive "boost" of 94% along with an attack boost of 200%. You never want to lose value from any of the three stats on any card but I think in the case of these two weapons they do pretty well. I may keep Hotspot's two weapons and Cracker's weapon for those 3x raid cards from raid episodes (or whatever I can pull from the bridges) in the absence of their signature weapons or until I get their signature weapons. You get a nice boost in attack, which is all that matters during a raid event anyway, without having to drop too much defense. And you get a bit more health as well.

12. Cax6ton

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Each level progresses 10% per scan, 5 are boss waves and 5 are missile defense, so 10 scans at 10 energon each level (for Medium and Hard stages, easy stages have one or two levels with fewer waves). There are 3 levels in each stage, so you need 300 energon to make it through from level 1 to the end of level 3. A half energon recharge is 75 points, so it takes 4 EC per stage. It works out to a little less than that overall since you'll level up about once every 2nd or 3rd time you run through, gaining a full bar.

13. RoboPoirot80

Heh, not only is this campaign event dead, it's caused this thread to slow down too. :D  I get to take a break from endless phone tapping and page reading to catch up in the thread. Brilliant Mobage!

14. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    So this happened:

Mobage:
    So I opened the app expecting a few chains.

...There were 10.

[​IMG]

15. RoboPoirot80

Wow, lucky you. $16 isn't such a bad gift basket.

16. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    No kidding. Now I'm trying to figure out how to use them.

Obviously need to add Hot Spot to keep up with the Joneses, but what's funny is I have 0 Hot Spots, 1 Blades, and 2 Streetwise. So basically if I use all 10 they gave me I could finish all 3. And have the 2 freebies left over for next event.

OR I could use 4 to guarantee a Hot Spot, try to finish Streetwise through nets and save the extra chains for the next campaign. Because now I'm set up pretty well for a campaign with characters I can't live with out. (8 chains left combined with 2 free cards at the start of an event plus 2 chains from points equals 3 characters)

The funny thing is 4 Hot Spot captures are going to cost me some serious BC...but likely no more than I'd spend going for T2 in a Boss Raid. And Hot Spot seems like something that will stay in my deck for a while. AND might give me a boost to help grind for T2 this event if god be willing.

17. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Lucky sumbitch!

I'd say complete Blades, forget Streetwise. The latter wouldn't make your deck anyway? But Blades, when done, will make getting Hot Spot easier and might stick around afterwards. Add a Hot Spot, save the others for next campaign.

18. Cax6ton

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Getting Blades would probably help get Hotspot while spending less cubes, but unless it takes 100 cubes I'd just go for Hotspot first. Getting one or two will probably amp up your deck significantly and make getting two more from stage 5 less expensive. If you really really want Blades, then get him first, but if you're just worried about deck power then go for as many MEM Hotspots as you can.

Fight the urge to be completist, I almost fell for it last time since I had Laserbeak up to Stage 3 and Ravage up to Stage 2, but in the end neither one of them would ever make my deck, so I just wrote them off.

19. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Haha good point about Blades. I've already started a run through Hard 5 to get my first Hot Spot but I could drop down and try for a MEM Blades. Have his stats w/weapon as a Soldier already been posted?

He'd have to be better than at least Onslaught and Tracer w/ Sig weapons to be worth it to me. As Hot Spot would bump one of them out permanently and Blurr is currently my best non T2 reward. So that means he'd stick around for at least one event and depending on what I'd win could just as quickly vanish.

Alternatively, if I sit on the chains for the next campaign i have those three to shoot for another Top Boss.

20. Rivenx76

Rivenx76 Well-Known Member

Here you go..

MEM Blades with sig weapon (Soldier)
    513474 | 122170 | 12408