Transformers Legend - Mobile Card Game by Mobage

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by illithid, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Happy187

Happy187 Well-Known Member

Good morning all. Dead queue here. Not getting any high level bosses here either when I do.

2. AntiGod

AntiGod Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because the request system is something along the lines of 20% from allies and 80% from strangers

3. RoboPoirot80

RoboPoirot80 Well-Known Member

I know, I really know. I mean...

[​IMG]

4. RoboPoirot80

Probably the really high level players for this episode can smackdown those high level bosses themselves so they're not using the help request system. I'm mostly getting help requests from people on Gears L4s or Huffer L6s, heh. :D  Maybe one out of 50 help requests shows something above L1 Beachcomber. That's about it for me.

But it appears that this is happening to many people because Ranks 80-100 are separated by one X1 boss right now. We're very close together and I'm trying to put some distance between me and the other people but I can't do it with L3 Beachcombers and L5 Gears.

5. bigsteve03

bigsteve03 Well-Known Member

Holy crap. Went to bed at rank 630, woke up 7 hours later at rank 680. Deadest night ever.

6. AntiGod

News Credits:
    You mean you're top 300 but you're not spawning Level 5 Beachcombers?

7. Bumblebee2000

Bumblebee2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just pulled a R4 Arcee from a Silver Episode medal. Considering I've gone through 1000's of gold and all I have to show for them is half of Ironhide, half of Trypticon and half of Prowl and I've been playing since Fatal Furies. This event is slow though.

8. AntiGod

News Credits:
    Everyone seems to be getting T4 Trypticon and T4 Prowl. I myself have gotten 2 alt Trypticons and 3 bot Prowls. Heavily biased it seems.

9. RoboPoirot80

This is exactly what you want when you're trying to make up ground. But if you're getting L3 Beachcombers and nothing more that's a whole lot of crap to plow. :p 

Even better (or worse depending on how you look at it) I'm in the top 100 (for now) and cannot spawn L5 Beachcombers much less anything else above L3. Maybe they screwed up something with the boss spawning when they redid the reward tiers to 1-100 and 101-1000... maybe only the top 20 players can spawn those high bosses.

Whatever they did my deck power or current rank or whatever they use to plug into their little formula does not allow me to get any new bosses.

10. RoboPoirot80

I'll trade you one of my Trypticon robots for an alt. :)  I did end up pulling Trypticon's weapon recently from a few gold medals. Now if only he could make my deck.

11. AntiGod

News Credits:
    I'm rank 260 but I'm spawning Level 6 Beachcombers..not that I'd really want to since I'm sniping to save cubes. What is your deck power for comparison's sake?

12. RoboPoirot80

Deck power is 21K, but it's from cutting and pasting. I don't have a complete Venom. Maybe without a complete top raid boss Mobage thinks that I shouldn't be able to spawn higher level bosses because I can't take them on... which is more correct than they know, ha.

Do you have a complete set? If so, that may be the reason you can spawn them and I cannot.

13. bigsteve03

bigsteve03 Well-Known Member

Yeah, with things as slow as they are, I kind of wish I'd made a move sooner. If the cutoff was 150, I still would do it right now, but I get the feeling it would take way to many cubes on 100s of level 3 beachcombers to get up there. Maybe next time.

14. Homerisfat

Homerisfat Well-Known Member

Ranking at 10,000 LOL

Anyways I just don't understand why they cannot add raid bosses like Hellfire. What I mean is them allowing X1-2's to spawn at certain points of the day like 7-9am to 12-2pm to 8-10pm. Have those bosses spawn and give players a bigger incentive to play and rank up.

Having a empty queue is NOT FUN one point. I thoroughly enjoyed those X bosses and they always got defeated and gave handsome XP and medals.

This grind is just f-ing BORING and it doesn't help that I don't care about this episode.

15. project9

project9 White n' Nerdy

Same here. =( Missed a bit of infiniplay and not playing much over the weekend while at the camp site, dropped to rank 4000 as of this morning. I've just about never been in the 4 digits before. Slightly uncomfortable. And having high level bosses (the very few there are) time out in my queue doesn't seem to be a good sign...

16. AntiGod

News Credits:
    I do indeed have an MTM Venom. But I highly doubt this is the reason. Have you been scanning L3 Beachcombers regularly? I'm inclined towards the theory that bigger bosses require scanning and spawning the lesser bosses first.

And my deck power is only 16k. With a deck of 21k, you should be able to 1 cube L3 Beachcombers no?

17. Thundercr4ckr

Thundercr4ckr Well-Known Member

Well, since the (apparently undocumented) update on Saturday afternoon about 3pm Pacific, my iOs install of the game has gone from laggy to virtually unplayable. The missile mini-game stutters down to about 3 frames total, screens transition with almost no movement/effects, and trying to snipe (or even just tag) is almost a losing proposition. Heck, even the battle animation doesn't play out correctly; the cards just sit and vibrate occasionally and spit up numbers when another card apparently makes its move. Hilarious.

Oh, and I am now down to doing maybe 4-5 mil damage to the same bosses that I was previously hitting for 7-9 mil. So I'm right back to where I was 2 or 3 events ago--making no headway on very low level bosses--despite having put so much time (and even a little money) into this "game." I don't mind grinding, or increasing the challenge to keep pace with player progress. But when increasing the challenge consists of tweaking a few numbers on yesterday's boss day after day, event after event--rather than making a new boss, or putting in the effort to create even a modicum of gameplay--it's downright lazy, cheap and quickly becomes frustrating, predictable and dull.

I would happily pay a reasonable amount of money for cards/characters I want, and a concerted effort at gameplay that rewards either/both money and/or time. But as it stands, this game is worth maybe five or ten dollars for its base content and production values that never meaningfully change (and in fact get worse with time). I can get any one of a large selection of old SNES games with far superior game craftsmanship and play value for that price. No offense to anyone enjoying the game; I am glad you can derive some fun from it, and you ought to continue doing so no matter anyone else's opinions on the game. But for most folks it's fair to feel that mobage is taking the piss on this one.

So, this event may be it for me. I'll keep trying to help this event, but mobage's broken Saturday update has made it more fun to plunge a screwdriver through my eye than to suffer through its choppy performance. I'll hold out for the next event to see if they're at all interested in making something from what's fast become a farce. If they don't, I'll probably even keep tabs on the game from afar, just in case they come out with some remarkable gameplay that makes it into what every fan surely wants it to be. But frankly, I just don't see that happening.

And just a shoutout to our dear mobalord... damn you are pants-pissingly hilarious (bet I could fix that by selling you my kidneys!). If nothing else I've found a great community to hang out on and talk TF. Time for me to get active on other boards...

18. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    It's hard to make any moves overnight when all that are spawning are Huffer and Gears.

19. HollyW00d

HollyW00d Collecting Freak

Wow just took 10 minutes to spawn a boss in my queue and it was a level 1 gears LOL. This game is coded well, it makes you waste cubes whenever it can. I had one more scan from leveling up and getting 3 free cubes. But I had a cube in my inventory already from waiting the 1 hour interval. So naturally, I didn't want to scan again until someone popped a boss in my queue. Yeah, wasn't happening. Good thing I waited though, I thought I was going to have to waste it.

20. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I disagree to a point, since most good F2P games are winnable without paying if you put the effort in. That's just not the case here. It's not even about being a top player. Being able to rank at all, you seem to have to pay.

Sounds about right for Mobage!

Here here! Queue's been empty since I got back from work, aside from a lvl 4 Huffer (wtf?) and a lvl 7 Gears. Barely worth the cubes. I'm only even playing because there's a chance I can get a complete R4, and my deck needs one badly.

Aaaaaand just had a lvl 6 Comber pop up with 5mil hp left...go to snipe...by the time the page loads it's already dead. Fuck you Mobage, and your artificial lag. Right back to lvl 2 Gears now, feh. If I could get some decent bosses in my queue maybe I wouldn't be slipping down through the 4k ranks, Mobage really screwed the game this time.