Transformers Legend - Mobile Card Game by Mobage

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by illithid, Nov 29, 2012.

1. baauji

baauji Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    dunno what the hell they have done to the help request mechanism.. I also used to get so many requests till last event.. But now, I have hardly seen anything above beachcomber lvl 3.. most oft he time, i see gears lvl 2-7 in my queue and some beachcomber lvl 1-3 rarely.. Really pissed off to the limit..

2. AntiGod

AntiGod Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe they streamlined the requests so you are requested to help bosses that are within your range. Considering that top players are constantly complaining about getting lowbies as helpers, leading to timeouts, perhaps Mobage segregated the requests into different groups...

3. Optimus J

Optimus J TFL ID Optimus-J

The only things I seem too spawn are beachcombers lvl1 and gears lvl6???
    I'm at Rank 73?!?!
    What the hell Yesterday I mostly spawned LVL3 Beachcombers!!!

4. baauji

baauji Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    If that is the case, then the lower players can never come to the top without paying.. And seriously, if this keeps happening, then most of the players are gonna quit..

5. baauji

baauji Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    quitting this event.. mobage garbage !! will give the next event a try... if the same keeps up, will quit entirely.. Great going Mobage.. !

6. Optimus J

Optimus J TFL ID Optimus-J

This event is over for me too... Will snipe here and there to stay in top 1000... but this scanning is utter shit!!! How am I suppose to climb top 100 ranks without getting top bosses???

7. H3adMast3rSG

H3adMast3rSG Well-Known Member

If its anything, i'm sitting at #25 and I haven't seen any lvl 8 huffers nor lvl 8 gears request since the update.

I'm spawning from Lvl 6 gears to Lvl 3 Beachcombers.

Anyone spawned a Lvl 8 at all?

8. Episode Prime

Episode Prime Well-Known Member

Don't really understand the tower defense comparison. Those games are single player types mostly and cellphone games these days lean towards the freemium model. You could either play for free and grind out the stages until you've passed or buy IAP to unlock stages/make your game easier, usually capped at $99 for the most expensive choice. However,good TD games done right can still be played for free until completion with IAP optional/to unlock characters for example, the recently released Kingdom Rush Frontiers. And many other quality TD games like Fieldrunners/Bloons etc cost 1/10th of the price of a x5card event card that's useful for just 1 week.

You're paying a tremendous amount of money weekly for a freemium game where the costs are high with barely any returns. There are no service to the customers that are supporting this beloved franchise. Remember, this game is on a cellphone and to be competitive, how much do you have to pump in? You have a company that is spitting on you and the TF name. Good developers interact and listen to their paying customer base for game improvements like they do in Touch Arcade forums. They want to continually fix their games as cellphones games unlike consoles to bring in more people, more good feedback, more people willing to pay.

We have instead an invisible entity,continually changing the bridges and fucking up the game structure. The cards and characters by now have no valie whatsoever, just a name and numbers on a card because by next week, Monkeybot has better stats an the next week after and after. What card game is that? Let's use an example,say Squeenix's Guardian Cross. Freemium model. One can play for free and still be competitive by trading smart. Cards have skills,strengths,weaknesses so there are deck strats. Well known characters do not have multiples like Bumblebee,Elite Bumblebee and Junglebee. Odin stays as 5star. Shiva is 5 star. Bahamut is 5star. No cheapening of the characters "name" at all. Ironhide,Cyclonus should be permanently 4s. Galvatron/Megs/Metroplex should be 5s,no lesser,no more. Others could be pegged to those other remaining levels and stay there. In GC, those 1/2/3/4 cards get their turn to shine with event restriction limited to them or where free players get that chance to try for prizes to compete.

But there are none here because immediately upon playing,your cards are worthless. The paywall comes quick at a price of 3AAA console titles/TG23 Metroplex/Korean sensual massage and this is the kind of price where you want new fans to join in the fun and mind you, this is Transformers. Its setting bad precedent and unhealthy. All for a week's event mind you of tapping at a screen mindlessly and the occasional break of shooting at rockets as a mini-game? During that 6 months of Android beta-testing, was it really monkeys that found them entertaining? I gave my grandma a try at the missile game,she spat 3 times at my screen and got all perfect. Let's not mention the Pokedex where no one can complete without trading/spare 10k cash.

I'm a patient gamer, hell I fully completed Beyond The Beyond and piled in 500~ hours in FF7 getting God stats, I was willing to give this CG a chance to improve since Furies event. They keep changing the system every week to fleece your money dry and people still defend this "gaming" garbage. We love the franchise, that's why we're still here, gaming is supposed to be fun but this company is ensuring that half the thread is full of hate and vitriol. At which point would you realise that this has to stop?

9. evers

evers Well-Known Member

Well dropped 30 places while I was asleep from 112 to 142
    But now I am not pulling any thing better than a lvl 3 beachcomber, anyone have any ideas why? I was pulling lvl 4,5,6,7 earlier

10. RoboPoirot80

RoboPoirot80 Well-Known Member

Well, I just climbed from the low 300s to the mid-90s. You scan and you burn battle cubes. That's how you climb in this game. I am able to spawn L3 Beachcombers and lower but that's it. I rarely see higher bosses in my queue and haven't seen a L8 yet.

If you're in the top 100 already just maintain and scan if you must to fill up your queue. You don't need to defeat the bosses. Just let them sit there if you want. Gives you a better chance of scanning [??] bosses. It was utterly stupid of Mobage to release the new bosses Sunday night with no dev support to help out with this crap. Now they're scrambling (heh, right) to fix the problem and meanwhile anyone who can spawn top bosses will rocket away from the rest of the pack. Nice.

That's okay though... just buy more battle cubes and you're good. Mobage is a joke. I'm waiting for the next "We apologize for the error" message on their blog. You can find so many of them there, for every episode, every few days. Just get it right the first time and you wouldn't have to faux apologize.

11. RoboPoirot80

And this is just wrong. You should be able to spawn every boss in the game right now at such a high level. Something definitely screwy. Looks like Mobage has decided that this episode is drawing as much interest as the Ironhide one and will be experimenting with us guinea pigs who have decided to play it. Goodie.

12. Sgrong

Sgrong Well-Known Member

level 8 missing neans pay more cube for people that just tag l8.
    they need tag boss with less point to stay up..
    means more money for mobage.....

13. RoboPoirot80

I have a hard time finding anything that does not mean more money for Mobage.

[​IMG]

14. RoboPoirot80

By the way, thanks H3adMast3rSG for sending down a few high level bosses here and there. Your help requests are the only ones coming through with L4 Beachcomber or higher. Appreciate the help. :) 

15. H3adMast3rSG

H3adMast3rSG Well-Known Member

No probs bro, just paying it forward. You helped me tons of times in previous events as well!

16. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    My theory is that the lvl of boss spawned is correlated to rank

17. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Glad I'm not the only one being totally shafted by the queue. The new ally indicator also has shown me just how rarely I actually get requests from allies. Woke up this morning to a queue full of low level Gears and only one from an ally that I missed.

But yeah, saw one L6 Comber and it timed out. Otherwise it's Gears Gears Gears. A few Combers now and then, but not enough to make a dent in ranks.

I'm shifting in to snipe mode until I see some CURRENT bosses. I need 1.1 million yet to even complete Barrage, and I'm not going to do that with 4 days of L7 Gears.

18. RoboPoirot80

I am Rank 83 at the moment and I have not spawned anything above L3 Beachcomber. :(  There's something else that goes into the calculation other than rank. In this case, I think there's actually a problem with their update from last night and it can affect users on both Android and iOS and it affects random people all over.

19. DEVoAS

DEVoAS Well-Known Member

God this game gets more frustrating every event. I spawn my own bosses and throw them in the queue but the points arent high enough to make any forward progress.

Infiniplay was over after about an hour with an 11k deck and day 1 I got down to 1200. woke up at 4000 and barely got much in my queue that day. yesterday woke up at 6000 and this morning Im at 7100. Its a slow slide down the ranks as I dont get many bosses in my queue after the first 1-2 days.

There is a 3 day lull where NOTHING happens. Days 1-2 everyone is spawning bosses and then days 6-7 people are spawning bosses that they need help with and mid week is a dead zone. This only started happening in the last few events, feels like Im ice skating uphill . . . very frustrating.

20. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Man, the lag between selecting a cube and confirming is hell. This event feels like a disaster between lag and the apparently useless help system.

I have 84 allies. Many of which are in the top ranks. So why am I swamped by Gears and Huffer from strangers?