Transformers Legend - Mobile Card Game by Mobage

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by illithid, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Rob907

Rob907 Member

Any game published by Mobage will always be a p2w game. After playing most of the TCGs that are out for Android/iOS all of them require you to spend $$$ to be a top player. Transformers is by far the cheapest as in terms of dollars to achieve a high ranking. Im starting a chat group on the Line Chat app for transformers legends if anyone here is interested in joining just download Line and search for Rob4907 and ill send you an invite to the room.

2. butchrecon72

butchrecon72 Well-Known Member

Yes it is. The events bring in the $$. That is what they were desinged for. Strong decks help do well, but at the same time looks like they are handicaping that. Which brings me to the pint i mentioned yesterday...if having ALL the STRONGEST past episode/event cards mean nothing in the next event, if past 5x/3xcards are worthless in the next event, then why bother trying to have a strong deck? Why bother paying for the 5x/3x cards if they dont really do much? This is something Mobage needs to rethink.

Lets look at it like this:

L5 hun-gurr 105 million HP. If the strongest decks are putting out at most 25 Million on average Attack, then you will need 5 freaking cubes to defeat a L5. Not to mention when the L6's get released. With the "Prize" only having 1 cube it is not worth it, they want you to focus on Team work. Again if we have to rely on OTHERS to defeat a boss, then why would I want to purchase the 5x/3x cards? You dont, if they dont help, then its simply a waste of money. Someone at mobage really needs to see this before they no longer can sell those and wonder why.

3. jbellanca

jbellanca Well-Known Member

I'm happy without the Hun-Gurrr... would be nice, but wanna save up by BC's for a later event. I made it up to 75 at one point, but now have dropped down to around 340. As long as I stay over 1000, I'll be happy.

4. Andee

Andee Ricochet

One big problem: The way PVP works atm.

Atm a critical hit wipes out a group of 3 charas.
    I had fights where I didn't have a single critical/triple attack, and my opponent had 3 criticals killing my entire team.
    If I would have had 9 T1 cards in my deck, wouldn't have made a difference...

5. thetarf88

thetarf88 Well-Known Member

Yeah, they need to realize that this is only going to net them short terms profits for 1 or maybe 2 event before people wake up, like most of us have.
    Long term profit and survivability of the game is what they should be focusing on.

6. butchrecon72

I have always had a big issue with how PVP works. Having the strongest cards does not mean shit. Having 2 MTM Elitas, 2 MTM Thundercrackers, 2 MTM Slugs, 2 MTM Hardhells and a MTM Elite PRime. All with signature weapons at L11 or higher. And lose 2/3 fights agianst someone with 6 freaking huffers, 2 Thundercrackers and a Slug??? Come one give me a break.

7. butchrecon72

I agree. Set the rewards differently. If your going to set a Boss to have 105 Million HP, but a deck with 9 MTM Razorclaws with L13 Weapons only does MAX 35 Million in 1 cube attack, then you BETTER be giving more than 1 cube in the prize. Some of us like to take down our own kills. But if it costs me 3-4 cubes to kill a L5 boss, and probably 5 - 6 to kill a L6 boss, then why do I need to worry about having a strong deck with 9 MTM Razorclaws (which means I DONT need to purchase any then)? If I can throw a deck out there with a bunch of decent NON event cards with a deck power of 7k - 9K, that does 10 Million in damage, then rely on others to take him down, then spending money on the big cards is not even in the picture then. They are shooting themselves in the foot on this one. People are seeing this already, meaning that the next event, if it stays the same, sales of the 5x/3x cards will be a ton less.

8. InfernoX

InfernoX Decepticon

News Credits:
    Ugh, past two days I've seen myself drop from 700 to 1100. I refuse to blow a lot of cubes right now. I don't understand why so many people are unloading into these Hun-Gurrr's. It feels bad to drop under 1k, but I know it'll be the smart thing to do come tomorrow.

9. Xombi

Xombi Procrastibot

To an extent, yes. From a certain point if view. But, like Rob said, that's the nature of the beat when it comes to these games.

But with these types of PVP events, you're not facing off against an overpowered boss, but against someone else's deck. Now, they'll have to fix the PVP system in TFL to nullify the peon deck advantage. Event cards were still there, but not a guarantee this win. Once took on a deck with 5 mid level event cards while I had 2 low level ones. I still Eton because my other 7 cards were stronger.

Also, it's a question of more bang for your buck. If I know that by spending some cash this event is gonna mean I'm assured of 2x attack on my entire deck for the next two events, plus the event is fun, then I don't mind spending.

10. PCPianist

PCPianist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't see the absolute balancing as that terrible atm. Being able to do 25 mil gives you a pretty nice sniping window. The main problem is that not having the episode cards makes you completely ineffective this time around. I have everyone mtm'ed with level 12 or 13 weapons of the following: 2 elitas, 2 tc's, 2 jazzes, 2 chromias, and a divebomb (Sadly my best card the way they did it). I do 8-11 mil damage which is almost impossible to snipe with (Especially with how terrible the refresh rate is). The divide is absurd this event =p

11. Andee

Andee Ricochet

They don't want us to snipe.
    They want us to buy and burn BCs....

Btw: I have 1 Jazz, 1 TC, 1 Slug, 2 Skywarp, 2 Thrust, 1 Snarl and 1 Chromia and also do around 7-10 mil damage.
    But I'm only at place 1800 cause I don't have the time to watch my device all time...

12. PCPianist

News Credits:
    Well someone always gets the 1 bc back so that's a moot point. They do want to soak up as many bc's as they can per boss though

13. butchrecon72

There is the problem. With everyone waitinig to see the HP hit below a certain level so they can "snipe" it, no one touches them. Leaving them out there to just fade away. I see a lot of L1, L2 and L3 Hun-Gurrs just fade away cause no one touches them. One because they are "not enough points" and two, they usually have 35 Million HP left or more. Out os most players sniping window. Again, handicapping the power decks really has shown not only here, but standings. There is movement, but not like with past events. The #1 ranked guy should have been well over 20 Miillion by today. Instead eh is at 16 Million. That is a HUGE drop. Add to that the whole Cube management isuse and you have a pretty slow and lame event.

14. Geodevol

Geodevol Well-Known Member

This has easily been some of my finest sniping. I have been 170-130 for the past 3 days and lost a total of 11 cubes. I stopped being able to 1 cube after lvl 2 Twinstrike but have been able to tread since then. Man, they have made this event slow with there BC stingyness.

On a sidenote, I am even more convinced about the Q rotation that I wrote about last event. There does seems to be a rotating system for how quickly the Boss meter refreshes. A period of slow boss encounters, followed by a slow to refreash boss meter that makes it nearly impossible to snipe, followed by a quicker refresh that allows you to get to bosses quicker. Last event it seemed to run on a 15 minute cycle, this event is closer to 30. (Perhaps because of a higher number of players)

15. PCPianist

News Credits:
    It's all relative though. I know it's fun to pew pew bosses and pull cards, but if your deck is better, it hurts other people more than it hurts you when that boss rots since your sniping range is so much larger. On top of that, you're typically getting 50% more points than everyone else. You can either look at it as the bosses are too hard or that they're not providing enough incentive. In this case, if they had the 1 cube mvp everything would be getting cleared more than likely.

16. Xombi

Xombi Procrastibot

Exactly. (I'm a slow typer, so I mentioned this as y'all were posting!) As it stands, someone with Elita & 8 Huffers would end up in first place! If they ever get those issue ironed out, you gotta admit, it would be a nice change of pace from this monster of the week first we've got now!

17. project9

project9 White n' Nerdy

Well, it makes sense for the higher bosses to be super tough. It is meant to to be a team battle to take them down. That, to me, is fine. They can still make money off the bonus cards and cubes fine with that. However, not letting anyone get BCs anymore meant too many people need to either sit back or pay up. And most will just sit back...
    Which leads to this. Everyone wants the snipe, no one wants to be the middle guys. This makes everything drag and get boring. Those who bought the bonus cards can clear out more and keep their top ranks while everyone else has to manage what they have. Things time out with no one wanting to use their precious resources until the point return is best.

In my opinion, it was more fun in the past when you could get more BCs up front. That means more action later on. Then, if you run out and other folks are still going strong, you'd need to pony up for more cubes to keep up. I don't think they'll lose that much money if they went back a few events to that structure. The level 4-5-6 bosses can still be super tough but 1-2-3 should allow folks to get prepared for the end game.

18. NoClue3378

NoClue3378 Leader Class

Okay I found a nice json viewer but it looks like the reward weapons cards aren't in the file yet. Here's what the viewer looks like with razorclaw

Attached Files:

19. PCPianist

News Credits:
    My main problem is that they keep putting these positive feedback loops in at the beginning which makes you play in a repetitive boring manner. I don't think they should have infinite resource generation until the end if your deck is absurd.

20. PCPianist

News Credits:
    The reward weapons are in the file... no mention of next episode though. That's probably because everyone always posts on the mobage fb when we see things we're not supposed to =p