Transformers Legacy Wreck ‘N Rule Collection

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Bob Schoonover, May 9, 2022.

1. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thank you sir, feel free to scan some more images of the good bot!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    I'm just ordering the Impactor and Leadfoot sets to give the clear message of: "Yes, you dropped the ball with this line but we still want more Fossilizers and Beast Wars stuff".

• Like Like x 2
  3. Michael Schlem

Michael Schlem Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    YouTube (Old):
    Personally, I say that Xaaron should be a Large Deluxe or a Small Voyager. That's a nice happy medium.

Or he could just have a non-transforming Figure. Here is a Line from TFWiki.net.
    So, as he isn't really a fighter, maybe someone like Super7 could make a figure in the correct scale.

Plus, I mean, he is practically a virtual retool of Megatron. So they could just take the Siege Megatron Mold or the Earthrise Megatron Mold and just make that into Xaaron.

Let's just get off this topic. It's starting to be a bit too long and could be hijacking the thread.

Meanwhile, here are my opinions on the 7 Figures in this Wreck N' Rule Subline.

Spindle: They remolded quite a bit more than I expected for them to retool if they were to make a Spinosaurus out of the Tyrannosaurus that Paleotrex was. And it looks great.

Impactor: This version of the mold looks a lot more different than the original versions. The original Siege Impactor was based upon his Marvel version, but stylized for the WFC Trilogy's Aesthetic. The Second version from the Fan-vote 3 Pack gave him his IDW Head design, but kept the rest of him mostly the same. The Third version of Impactor was more Screen accurate for the WFC Trilogy Netflix Series. Now this one gained a new Chestplate, a new Head-sculpt, and a new Shoulder cannon, looking way more Marvel Comics accurate. It looks pretty good.

Masterdominus: First of all, that name is silly, epic, and a pun all at the same time. It's a Massive Dominant, Master Mastodon. And the amount of retooling they did is a lot more than I thought they would. They even remolded the head, which I didn't think was possible with this mold. It looks pretty cool

Leadfoot: It's a nice retool of that Kingdom Mirage Mold. Sadly, they didn't include his Rotor Force Weapons, which I would have wanted to see, but oh well.

Springer: A bit boring, as it's pretty much just a toy/early Marvel Comics Color scheme/slight retool. Could have used just a bit more. I almost feel like Springer and Leadfoot should have swapped places so Leadfoot could have gotten his Propeller.

Bulkhead: Okay? A bit random but at least the paint is cool and he has that new hammer piece.

Twin Twist: I hope they release a Diaclone Deco Topspin. Because otherwise, Twin Twist is a bit lonely. I mean, the Deco is cool, just missing Topspin.

I mean, the figures with more extensive retools (or any remolded elements) are cool, but the figures that are pretty much just straight redecos (Springer, Bulkhead, and Twin Twist) are just a bit boring.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 2fabdad

2fabdad Well-Known Member

Im giving the Hammer to Rodimus.
    I wonder if they will do a primal Prime from POTP optimal?

5. KibblerGrrrl

KibblerGrrrl Zealous mini-cassettes and fembots evangelist

The longer I marinate on the idea, the more I think an Earthmode for Hound should homage his Universe incarnation and the GI Joe VAMP*. But that vehicle design probably wouldn't work for an Ironfist retool.

* Yeah I know it's not G1 accurate, but Chrysler seems especially protective of their Jeep trade dress, and I'd much rather Hasbro spend the money on engineering a better toy than paying for a licensed likeness. Also, the VAMP is hella cool.

OK, this could probably work well. We need core class weaponizers.

• Like Like x 6
  6. ScorponokIsHere

ScorponokIsHere He is Arrived Indeed

News Credits:
    Don't Ironfist and Crankcase transform entirely differently? An Ironfist that looked like Crankcase wouldn't be particularly satisfying. Seige Hound would be miles better.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly, Crankcase wears the hood and fender of the car above and behind his head and Iron Fist wears it on his chest. If it's planned ahead of time, that's just an extra pair of rotating joints and locking mechanism to have the hood rotate down for one and not the other. I'm not sure it's significantly more complicated than Elita having two ways to wear her back kibble (for her mode and Minerva's) IFF that retool was planned ahead of time (it's obviously entirely different if it wasn't).

• Like Like x 4
  8. ScorponokIsHere

ScorponokIsHere He is Arrived Indeed

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure, uh, the hood and fender of the car becomes his feet.

upload_2022-5-14_19-6-27.png

The transformation involves shifting the lower third of the vehicle forward, pulling the roof of the car over the robot head and revealing the thighs.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  9. Skycutter

Skycutter Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YouTube (Old):
    i am surprise it took me until now to realize how not blue he is

• Like Like x 1
  10. drmick

drmick Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He should see him from the front.....

11. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

What about Refraktor?

That's a popular small deluxe with fairly generic proportions.

As an added bonus, people could armybuild Xaaron to form a camera.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I never had the toy so I didn't realize what was behind the head. I stand corrected.

On the other hand, they don't actually preserve the old school transformation when they update the toys and there's no obvious kibble on the bot mode front that suggests which parts of the car are front and back, so I think it's still achievable if they were so inclined.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think Reflector would be a fine mold to use with a little retooling. Legends Megatron is way too small.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Praxus

Praxus Guy who leaked Thrust

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Youtube (New):
    Coming over from Mark(designer) on Instagram. We can see the thought process of the boxes and yes that is g1 Whirl! Also more images of Diaclone Twintwist which I can’t wait to have soon. I actually love this Capsule and I can’t wait for next week(Velocitron) these two sub-lines are what I’ve been more hyped for in legacy. I’m not going all in for the 4 main waves but I’m going all in for the sublines (minus BC and maybe Velocitron Blurr). 18C9ED06-B73A-4334-9E15-547C4C7572B9.jpeg 5611A57D-0995-4113-9225-CB91F633B85C.jpeg 8FF51DBE-D7B5-446B-9FE3-9BED340A448C.jpeg

• Like Like x 13
  15. KibblerGrrrl

KibblerGrrrl Zealous mini-cassettes and fembots evangelist

Or with some retooling, could you buy six or seven Xaaronfraktors and snap them together to make a hammer?

• Like Like x 5
  16. Mecheon

Mecheon Grumpy Dinosaur Nerd

The thing isn't being generic, Xaaron has a specific look. Reflector doesn't match what Xaaron looks like, plus, Xaaron turns into a tank. Nothing about how Reflector is evokes Xaaron, so I don't see any reason to go for that when there's better from other molds

Like, the reason folks say Megatron is because Xaaron just, has G1 Megatron's chest. He's based on Megatron. You'd have to basically retool Reflector into 'Tiny Megatron' to get a suitable Xaaron out of it

17. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I’d rather have Siege Megatron as Xaaron than the tiny Legends one…

18. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Laugh with me!

News Credits:
    Wait... I'm seeing mixed messages on Velocitron. Are leakers getting stuff in hand next week or is it going up on Pulse and other places next week?

• Like Like x 5
  19. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For me, ideally, Xaaron basically :
    - is based on Megatron in robot mode with a yellow body and silver/grey head.
    - turns into a tank..
    - is shorter than Impactor.
    - deserves an honorary Wrecker logo (IMO:D ) along with his regular Autobot ones.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He has G1 Megatron's chest... but nothing else about him looks like Megatron. Megatron looks like a bodybuilder, he's oversized and he's got beefy proportions. Xaaron is small, weak and puny. I just can't stomach a Xaaron retooled from a Megatron, any Megatron, even the Core class one.

Impactor got a new chest in this capsule. Not beyond plausibility they could sculpt a Megatron-ish chest piece for Refraktor, or Perceptor, or anybody.

As for Xaaron turning into a tank, did he ever do that on-panel, in any comic, ever? I'd really put that 'Xaaron is a tank' statement down to authorial intent, which is dubious canon to begin with. And I just don't think a tank mode suits Xaaron. He's not a fighter, he's a manipulator.

• Like Like x 5